• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Babies so little mostly need to eat, I barely know a baby that slept through the night. Jona ate every 3 hours all day long. When he was a little awake at night, like Evi said, don't stimulate. He wouldn't sleep longer (meaning 4-5 hours) stretches until he stopped pooping at night. That didn't happen til Christmas, so he was like 4 months? I spent lots of time on the nursing glider and carrying him around at night. I would not use formula and never mix rice cereal in there (a "gem" promoted by some people - never do it as they have to be at least 4 months old for cereals/foods whatsoever). It will get better, but littlr babies just don't sleep that much. Your DH should help and take over after she finishes nursing. It helps a lot. Is she gassy? That was a big porblem for Jona until he was 3 months. Very exhausting for him and us, but TLC and sleep deprivation is all you can offer ;)

My lactation lady wanted me to wean off the pump. Like I said, little by little.

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks everyone about the name...we love it

@vi premies are different, Dylan would wake up every 2 hours to feed, been so little there stomachs are smaller and need to eat closer together than full term babys, its hard going but as they grow there stomach will expand and grow....just takes time

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@chrissy: yay, hoe exciting.

@vi: I've been waking him up every 2 hours during the day, maybe u should try that.

yesterday was different, thought. Usually at night after his around 10, 11 pm feeding i want to sleep and let him wake me up after that, which he does every 2-3 hours.

But yesterday my 7 pm feeding started at 720, lasted for 40 min uninterrupted. Then finally he gave me a min and I left him to go make a sandwich. When I came back, while eating, which I had to do in 1 min, he started to cry and make the feed me face (where his mouth is constantly open and he's trying to eat something, like his hand or his clothes). Then i fed him again for like 20 min. He stopped. Then he started to cry again and i thought, maybe I'll try diaper changing, feed him one more time and he'll calm down, like he always does when I do that. But he kept going, crying, eating and stopping for a few min, all the way to 1030.

I started to freak out, thinking something was wrong. My milk was coming he was actually eating.

Also he has some of the GER symptoms, I wonder if that's getting in the way of his feeding.

Symptoms of Acid Reflux in Infants

Common infant GER symptoms are:

Frequent spitting up or vomiting - yes

Irritability when feeding - yes

Refusing food or eating only small amounts

Sudden or constant crying - yes for a few seconds

Arching the back while feeding - yes

"Wet" burps - burps during feeding

Frequent hiccups - not when feeding, but quite often

Frequent coughing - no

Poor sleep habits with frequent waking - no

Bad breath - no

I'm still waiting to get him a military id so he can see a pediatrician in town, so for now if it happens again, i'll probably call the one i saw at the hospital, or should i call now?

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

wifey is doing fine, baby is 7 pounds 11 ounces, 18.5" long. and cute as a button!

he looks at nessa, and sticks his tongue out at her :lol:

Cogratulations to both of you. Can't wait to see baby Ben's pics :D

That is one beautiful baby and you both make a lovely couple.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Nessa: I wouldn't get all freaked out yet. Many babies do that. Your baby is just a week old, there is no way that GER could be detected for sure yet. Tyhe infants I have seen were usually around 3-4 months when diagonosed.

@Vi: I agree with Eveline and Anna. Welcome to Mommyhood. haha. There's not much you can do during the first 2 months, the way a baby sleeps depends also on their temperament. It takes time to develop a sleep pattern. I don't want to scare you but Ben wakes up every 2 hours on good nights and every 30 minutes on bad nights. He is 1 year old. Between 2 and six months he woke up once or twice, but it changed when he started teething/growing etc. Hubby helps me at night which makes it a lot better. There have been times when I thought I was going nuts from sleep deprivation. I couldn't concentrate and OMG I don't even want to talk about driving. I fell asleep at a red light once. Little sleep is part of the first year of parenthood because it takes time to figure out when and where a baby sleeps best and there is always the obstacles of teething pain or tummy aches etc. (you mommies out there whose kids have slept thru the night from day one- screw you! :lol: )

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

now he's been shivering, but his temperature is 98.1. more blankets, maybe?

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ladies as you know i have my c-section May 11th...what should i pack to take to the hospital?

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
now he's been shivering, but his temperature is 98.1. more blankets, maybe?

Nessa, its really hard when they are this little. On the one hand, I certainly dont want to be the one to tell you dont worry about it - on the off chance there really IS something wrong. BBBUUUUTTT... he is very young still and his body and systems are still developing. some things like shivering, hiccuping, etc are often just manifestations of his systems getting up and running and probably bother you way more than they bother him. My gut feeling about this is, if he doesnt have a fever he's fine. I say wrap him in a soft blanket and cuddle him for a while. :)

welcome to the constant worries/self-doubt of motherhood :P my oldest is 13 and I still worry everytime he leaves the house....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
ladies as you know i have my c-section May 11th...what should i pack to take to the hospital?

I had an unplanned C-section and just had my bag with the usual stuff and it was fine..

by the way, my moms name was Mollie and I love that name :) if my first had been a girl I was going to name her Mollie Rose... I'll be happy to see another Molly in the world.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

i packed too much stuff. here's what i took that i used:

bio oil - not necessary, but i took it anyway

mascara

eyeliner

chapstick

soap

benzoyl cream - for my acne

deodorant

brush

breastpad

bras

panties

bathrobe

pajama pants - used only a couple times when i went for a walk

t-shirts - used only a couple times when i went for a walk

clothes to go home - same i went to the hospital

flip flop

going home outfit for the baby

beanie - wish i had taken more, cuz the ones i had were too big

swaddler

mittens

nail clipper - tried to use, but was afraid

receiving blanket - hospital provides ugly ones

baby book

laptop

camcorder

snacks - lifesaver when they made me stay 40 hours without food, i cheated and had some snack :P

glasses - to watch tv

coins - for vending machine

beanie - hospital provided ugly one, i wish i had taken more

panties - i wore the ones the hospital gave me, they were c/s friendly

maxipads - hospital provided

nipple cream - hospital provided

@sara: i agree with the temperature thing, if it's normal not to worry. i swaddled him in another blanket and he's better now.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

he's been sleeping for an hour. today i am not going to wake him up every 2 hours, he'll eat when he wants. hopefully he'll let me take a nap after i have lunch.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Nessa: A lot of babies start cluster feeding in the evenings just to 'get ready' for the night strech. both my kids did it, Adam a little worse than Allie. He'd nurse from 6pm until 9pm almost uninterrupted. Fast breathing, shivering etc. does worry a lot of moms and I agree with Sara, there's probably nothing to worry about but your gut instinct is probably the best thing you can rely on right now. It will get better. I have made the experience twice now that after 12 weeks it will get a lot easier.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

@ Chrissy - Love the name Molly! You're almost there :)

@ Twila - Declan was blue eyed at birth, a medium to dark blue. His dad has icy light blue eyes. I have brown eyes. Declans have changed and are hazel now. It's actually really cool to see them, the other day, he had a green shirt on and his eyes looked green. Other days, they are more brown or blue.

@ Vi - I agree with the others. The first few months of a baby's life, you most likely will be sleep deprived. Babies need to eat frequently. Try to make the night feedings as quick as you can, just feed, no stimulation. It will get better :)

@ Chnst - I agree .... I always wanted to flip the finger to those mommies whose babies slept through the night early on (just kidding to those mommies, I still love ya!). A couple months ago, Declan FINALLY started going down around 9 or so and sleeping until 7 .... but now he is waking up every couple hours or less again. I think more teeth are ready to come through. It is killing me and I am back to being brain dead at work.

@ Nessa - My pediatrician has several nurses available to answer questions and they always encouraged me to call with my "new mom worries". That helped me feel better, if I was worried about something, I would call. Can you do that with the pediatrician from the hospital until you find a local one?

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png