Captain Ewok

German people...rührt euch!!

4,569 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
@Kar: Haste dem Immi Officer denn auch gesagt was du vorhast. Komischerweise ziehen ja viele mit Geburtsurkunde und Tux in die USA weil sie vorhaben da zu bleiben aber den Mumm, dem Officer zu sagen, was sie vorhaben hat bisher noch niemand gehabt. Da ziehen dann alle den Schwanz (yes...pun intended) ein.

Vorgehabt hatte ich das damals jedenfalls nicht. Ich hatte ein Köfferchen dabei und einen Rucksack, gepackt für 14 Tage. Und Geburtsurkunde und so'n Zeug habe ich mir viel viel später von meiner Mutter schicken lassen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I would like to thank you all for your reply. It is good to have this kind of help, because this knowledge can only be had once one goes through the situation.

The reason I would want to close the bank accounts is because here the yearly fees are too much. (and also I am not sure I will ever have the chance to come back to close the account. On the other hand it would be good to keep some euros in there....

As for the pension, I did some research, and it seems that if you are not a german citizen and have worked less than 5 years(paid contribution), then you can claim back what you paid 2 years after you leave. I still have to verify this information, but it mentioned in many expat forums. If you are a german citizen you can transfer the contributions to the US system (but that is kind of scary looking at the social security deficit.)

I will miss from germany:

Weisswurst.... Weissbier.... Biergardens.... english garden.... isar.... leopoldstrasse.... munich airport(best airport in the world i think)... driving on the autobahn at 250km and hour.... see the alps on a clear day.... the juice shop on viktualianmarket..... being able to ride a bike and not be considered a wannabe lance armstrong or someone who cannot afford a car.....snitzel un pommes for 4.50 on tuesday..... being able to buy cuban cigars.....speaking english to the lady at the bakery... passing the police on the authobahn at 250km and they do not even look at you.... priceless

what i will not miss:

Dealing with vodafone and other types of german contracts.... dealing with customer service or the none existance of it.... and I think that is all.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

@ customer service 2 weeks ago I went to a mall with hubby. We were looking at some cell phone deals because sooner or later I need one. T- Mobile had a big promotion there and eventually one of the guys came up to us and talked about that great offer and how awesome T-Mobile is. I just looked at him and said: Sorry, I don't need a contract with a company that is unable to offer any customer service since WWII.

Poor guy, but I dealt with T-Mobile long enough, I'm done with them.

10-10-2008: I-130 Sent

11-14-2008: NOA1

01-13-2009: Transfer to CSC

01-30-2009: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

02-04-2009: NOA2 in mail

04-14-2009: medical

05-14-2009: Interview

05-15-2009: picked up visa

05-24-2009: PoE: Miami

06-04-2009: received 2 ! welcome letters

06-08-2009: received 3rd welcome letter

06-25-2009: Greencard in mail

07-06-2009: received SSN

07-13-2009: got my DL!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Evi: Wow krasse Sache.... Und was macht das Maedel nun?

@ Kar: Ich schau mich mal um.... Danke

@ R&AINC: Haha so true, though American customer service isn't much better... You basically deal with an automated system (super annoying) and they lie a lot. Comcast is evil. They claimed to have sent a refund check months ago, now they admitted they didn't even work on my refund yet.... Grrrrrrrr.

Ugh and won't you miss all the bars around Giselastrasse and Muenchener Freiheit? I basically spent my time as a student there :whistle:

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline
Ugh and won't you miss all the bars around Giselastrasse and Muenchener Freiheit? I basically spent my time as a student there :whistle:

Hahaha, I'm probably still banned from some of them, after the incident with the drunk goat and the foam bubbles.

Timeline

Hahaha, I'm probably still banned from some of them, after the incident with the drunk goat and the foam bubbles.

:lol: Ok explanation please! Details!

Oh Leute, der Kumpel der die Mausi beherbergt bis Freitag ist gestern beraubt worden! Katze ist in Ordnung, die hatte sich im Keller versteckt. Wir wohnen zwar in nem anderen Stadtteil, aber ich habe mich entschlossen und Hubbie muss es akzeptieren ein alarm system zu installieren. Schliesslich ist er 8 Mal pro Monat fuer 30h am Stueck weg, was soll ich denn allein gegen nen Einbrecher ausrichten?!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!

Oh no, poor Mausi and poor guy. Ich hoffe die haben nicht zu viele Sachen mitgehen lassen. Ich bin ja echt froh, dass wir in so ner ruhigen Gegend wohnen!

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P Diana

1982-2008

Removal Timeline

11/17/08 - mailed out documents

11/19/08 - documents received by USCIS

11/25/08 - check cashed

12/10/08 - Biometrics letter

12/19/08 - second Biometrics letter

12/26/09 - went to Boston for Biometrics Appointment - THEY WERE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!

01/13/09 - Biometrics Appointment in Boston

01/13/09 - several phonecalls to uscis to find out where my extension letter is - will send out extension letter which will take up to 3 weeks

01/21/09 - phonecall to uscis about the extension letter. They are still working on the service request! told me to go to an infopass

appointment

01/22/09 - went to SS office to get a new SS-card. They won't issue a new one because me GC expires in 2 weeks.

01/22/09 - talked to the Office of my congressman. They will look into the issue and call me back - hopefully!!!!

01/26/09 - talked to the Office of the congressman. She read an email to me from USCIS stating that they sent out the letter on Friday!

They said I should have it in 7 days! So now we wait.....again!

01/29/09 - extension letter received!

05/15/09 - Removal of conditions approved :) ..waiting for actual card now :)

06/01/09 - Card in the mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
@ R&AINC: Haha so true, though American customer service isn't much better... You basically deal with an automated system (super annoying) and they lie a lot. Comcast is evil. They claimed to have sent a refund check months ago, now they admitted they didn't even work on my refund yet.... Grrrrrrrr.

Yes that's what I wanted to include by saying Leopoldstrasse....:)

well then i forgot to mention (i do not know if i will miss them anyway..) Kunzpark (Kultfabrik) P1...but only during a world cup and also to eat Pizza.......8 seasons (especially when drunk people want to jump from the balcony..any withness???..).....and all those little places around.

another thing I will not miss from here is steak (beef meat in general) The only chewable meat you can buy here is the roulade(i think that is how it spelled) and that is only because it is 1mm thin :)

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Timeline

:lol: Ok explanation please! Details!

Ach, du weißt doch wie das ist, einzwölfzig Bier, one thing leads to another, and before you know it, life stock is involved. :innocent:

Wir wohnen zwar in nem anderen Stadtteil, aber ich habe mich entschlossen und Hubbie muss es akzeptieren ein alarm system zu installieren. Schliesslich ist er 8 Mal pro Monat fuer 30h am Stueck weg, was soll ich denn allein gegen nen Einbrecher ausrichten?!

Löcher rein schießen? Und für nur $39 plus Versand kannste dir auch einfach dieses Schild im Vorgarten aufstellen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-ADT-YARD-SIGN-SHIPS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Kar98

Timeline

@ RAINC: Oh P1, I was there a little more often as one of my friends' boyfriend belonged to their elite at that time.... But, I never got the hype about it, really.

My friends and I went to the Soul City a lot. So much fun... And in walking distance from Stachus! :)

Oh no I am getting nostalgic...

Einbrecher: Haja Hubbie wird sicherlich ne Kanone vorschlagen, aber ich will nen security system. Auch wenn unser Stadtteil 10 Mal null Kriminalitaet hat - wenn die rausfinden dass da der "Mann" immer weg ist, kommen die doch auf krumme Gedanken.... Und ich kann doch mit Kanonen eh nicht und schon gar nicht mit Baby im Haus.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!

Timeline

Was ich echt vermisse, ist sowas wie die olle Pfanni-Fabrik. Das war endsgeil. Flohmärkte, kleine Läden, Nachtclubs und Bars allerlei Art. Und das ganze nur wenige 100m vom Ostbahnhof.

Mit einer abgebrannten Baronin, dir mir mal vom P1 aus nach Hause gefolgt ist, hatte ich auch ein paar vergnügliche Wochen. Weiß gar nicht mehr, wie die hieß.

Timeline
Löcher rein schießen? Und für nur $39 plus Versand kannste dir auch einfach dieses Schild im Vorgarten aufstellen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-ADT-YARD-SIGN-SHIPS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

pff haha Du bist ja einer. $39 fuer ein Schild ohne Service ist ja ne Frechheit. Aber ich finde eine Waffe keine schlechte Idee. Ein Pistolpermit ist doch in vielen Staaten einfach zu beantragen. Ich hab auch immer ne Knarre unterm Kissen wenn hubby nicht da ist. Schlaeft sich besser. :whistle:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Wohoooo...yay Thea. Endlich wieder Ruhe im Haus und niemand mehr, der euch nicht auf die Nerven gehen will :lol:

Also San Fran ist erstmal called off. Hab heute mit Eric geredet und er hat eingesehen, dass Allie noch zu sehr von mir abhaengig ist und das wohl mit 12 Monaten auch noch sein wird. Wir werden den Trip auf Winter verschieben und dann irgendwo im Schnee unsere Flitter (Schlitter) Wochen nachholen :luv:

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.