ED*Riza

Husband ( USC) claim his divroce with Ex ( USC) was not final ...

32 posts in this topic

Why would you want your friend to work it out with a deceptive man such as this? Who gives a flying rats you-know-what about what happens to him, but she needs to be able to move on in life and hopefully find someone that can treat her with respect. She should do what she needs to do to achieve her own personal success.

Thank you for pointing that out of my wishing... I am going to forward this input from you guys .

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Thank you guys for the quick input. Just sad she was waiting for a year and just have such news. Another question though... IF she will not sign the divorce, what she can do about it? Can the husband file an uncontested divorce with her being the Philippines?

yes he can.

service by publication in the leagal section of the newspaper. He was just trying to swave the cost of doing this, by having her sign and acknowlwdge to complaint.

Have the guy send her a copy of the complaint, but do not sign for certified mail.

Also if she does not sign "which I would not if I was her" this divorce will cost him lots and lots of money. Since maybe this is a International divorce, posting and or publication may not be allowed in this case. Since she in there and he is in USA.

2Lovers

67kx7t6sli3t.png

I think I wouldn't sign just because I wouldn't want him to think he'd gotten over on me and I'd want him to suffer through his choices, behavior and decisions.

If he wants a divorce he can jolly well do it the hard way.

Further, I'd consider suing him for spousal support big-time.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi Guys,

I need some help for a friend in the Philippines who is married to a USC and they are still waiting for NOA2 at the moment. They've been married nearly 2 yrs now and things had change recently with their relationship. Just last December the came back to the Philippines to supposedly visit the wife but he only stayed there for 2 days. He confessed to his wife that he has another girl in manila and he is no longer in love with his wife. He told her that he arrived a week early and stayed there with the girl. The wife was devastated about it but still hoping that the husband will come back to her. Anyway after he came back to the US he tried ignoring her. Just 3 days ago the husband called the wife telling her that he has a big problem. He said that she needs to sign a divorce paper because his previous marriage to his was not final when they got married in the philippines and the ex wife is filing a case to him about bigamy. Anyway, my question is : IS this possible that the divorce was not final?

Thank you very much for any input..

Riza

Thats just stupid !!

Tell him if what he says is true, he needs to finish divorcing his ex, not divorce his current wife!

I think he is lieing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hi Guys,

I need some help for a friend in the Philippines who is married to a USC and they are still waiting for NOA2 at the moment. They've been married nearly 2 yrs now and things had change recently with their relationship. Just last December the came back to the Philippines to supposedly visit the wife but he only stayed there for 2 days. He confessed to his wife that he has another girl in manila and he is no longer in love with his wife. He told her that he arrived a week early and stayed there with the girl. The wife was devastated about it but still hoping that the husband will come back to her. Anyway after he came back to the US he tried ignoring her. Just 3 days ago the husband called the wife telling her that he has a big problem. He said that she needs to sign a divorce paper because his previous marriage to his was not final when they got married in the philippines and the ex wife is filing a case to him about bigamy. Anyway, my question is : IS this possible that the divorce was not final?

Thank you very much for any input..

Riza

Thats just stupid !!

Tell him if what he says is true, he needs to finish divorcing his ex, not divorce his current wife!

I think he is lieing.

If the man was still married to another woman at the time of his last marriage, that marriage is not Valid. And there is no true formality to declare that last marriage invalid. He need to complete the 2nd to the last marriage to be total free to marry again.

2Lovers

67kx7t6sli3t.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel so sorry of your friend.The husband is lying. He just want to get her lost. You can't just marry in the Philippines without showing to the US embassy your divorce paper.I dont understand people. :whistle: Why would she wait for him or hope that the marriage will work ? She needs to move on with her life and she doesn't deserve having such kind of ******hole. It is up to her if she will sign it. I dont think she will have a happy marriage being with a cheater and a liar husband.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I feel so sorry of your friend.The husband is lying. He just want to get her lost. You can't just marry in the Philippines without showing to the US embassy your divorce paper.I dont understand people. :whistle: Why would she wait for him or hope that the marriage will work ? She needs to move on with her life and she doesn't deserve having such kind of ******hole. It is up to her if she will sign it. I dont think she will have a happy marriage being with a cheater and a liar husband.

Hi there

I read your freinds story and this is really sad that it happened to her after waiting for a year. We women have instinct and I believed your friend may have noticed this when they were still communicating . She maybe wants to let him go now but not decided if because of DENIAL and ACCEPTANCE that the man he thought he loved and married will do this to her. I emphatized with her and If i am in the same situation. I know its hard to let go but putting things in a legal way would be the best solution for . Filipinas are known to be a fighter and very strong willed woman.Tell her that God IS THERE IN HER TIMES OF WEAKNESS...AND GOD SHOULD BE HER REFUGE NOW.. PRAY FOR A VERY GOOD LAWYER AND I KUDOS TO YOU FOR ASKING FOR AN ADVISE FOR YOUR FREIND TO HELP HER EMOTIONALLY....SHE IS NOT ALONE IN THIS BATTLE..

GODBLESS YOU RIZA.

midge

Timeline
Why would you want your friend to work it out with a deceptive man such as this? Who gives a flying rats you-know-what about what happens to him, but she needs to be able to move on in life and hopefully find someone that can treat her with respect. She should do what she needs to do to achieve her own personal success.

Thank you for pointing that out of my wishing... I am going to forward this input from you guys .

Riza

I know the hardest part in a failed relationship is LETTING GO. Your friend doesnt deserved what happened to her and this is an obvious case of DECEPTION AND CHEATING AND IT WILL GO ON IF SHE WONT GIVE HIM UP.Talk to a lawyer or call 702 DZAS -they have christian lawyers that could her help figure out what case to file agaisnt him and she needs counselling too. 702 DZAS is an am christian radio stattion .

Godbless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I do not know if she has contact with authority in the states (such as a local judge), but YES he must publish his intention to divorce even if she is not in the US. In addition, he must publish it in her language and ANY other language that she claims to speak. As you can see, a translator and newspaper space can add up and become possibly the stupidest nightmare that he would have in the whole case without any possible reporcussions on her.

Military men here post such notices in the local papers, and I saw a 7 language notice one time.

Gli ostacoli non mi fermano. Ogni ostacolo può essere superato con convinzione. -Da Vinci

The most important thing is for the wife to be sure she gets a acceptable record of her upcoming divorce with NSO so she can move on with her life.

If that doesnt happen she can't remarry and will be hung out to dry. Still sucks as most pinoy don't marry "used merchandice" like Americans do.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

hi... hwag mong papirmahan. tapos look for a way na makakuha ka ng divorce/immigration lawyer about this. ang kapal na man ng other girl.

eye for an eye, tooth for tooth.

tell your friend to get a lawyer.

hinde pwede ganon-ganon na lang noh? who does he think he is?

go girl. good luck.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi

...tell your friend not to sign anything and give the guy a hard time!

Thats what he deserves for messing up with her....

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Para sakin pahirapan muna yung guy before moving on..hindi naman ganun kadali magmove on lalo na pag ganyang kaso and then start entertaining others...

di bale may karma yan...

hayz....it made me recall someone an american missionary sa philippines na andaming niloloko...

tsk..tsk..

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Para sakin pahirapan muna yung guy before moving on..hindi naman ganun kadali magmove on lalo na pag ganyang kaso and then start entertaining others...

di bale may karma yan...

hayz....it made me recall someone an american missionary sa philippines na andaming niloloko...

tsk..tsk..

its really unfair!!! well my interview last nov was pend because of the divorce papers my husband did not inform the embassy of his 3 marriages we were married and on his legal capacity to marry he only declres one marriages missing yung two divorce paper if there's other way para mg complain i dont know where to seek for an advice...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.