Habibi

Writing a letter to Congressman. K-1

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

As far as I can tell, Congress has the authority to impose restrictions on the Attorney General(who has the ultimate say in your approval process), but the Senate can only apply political pressure...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I am putting things together to write a letter to congressman. Because i am looking for answers why my application is taking so long at VSC. They requested me to submit evidence with the letter. Does anyone know what type of evidence i can use from this website. Thanks in advance.

I know exactly what you can include. Tell them they claim they are working on MARCH 2008 cases as evidenced by their website and that THIS IS PURPOSEFULLY MISLEADING. Cut and paste the last 35 or however many approvals you see coming through that particular office and say "THIS IS PROOF SHOWING THEY ARE NOT, IN FACT, WORKING ON 3/08 FILES and this is an obvious attempt to quell the public from inquiries and cloud any efforts for transaparency to the people they supposedly serve"

I was about to write my congressmen (both) and let them know USCIS basically lied to them claiming they're working on 3/08 cases when this is neither accurate nor is the truth and it is obviously purposeful...therefore they have disrespected their office as well as purposefully misled the public whom they serve blah blah blah.

Just call them out on all their SH*(&...every deception, attempt at cloaking transparency and also show them filers who have gone before you and tell them YOU WANT ANSWERS about why their website is innacurate, why they send canned, dishonest letters not pertaining directly to YOUR case, etc.

Basically go through everything with a fine tooth comb and call them out on anything under the sun they do wrong.

The biggest is the 3/08 files working on deception and how that is designed to shut people up. Pisses me off, to tell you the truth as I HATE deception.

Reaffirm their office was lied to showing them blatant disregard for their status...remind them a Senator's office should not be shunned and fed a line of BS like they do us.

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline

Just call them out on all their SH*(&...every deception, attempt at cloaking transparency and also show them filers who have gone before you and tell them YOU WANT ANSWERS about why their website is inaccurate, why they send canned, dishonest letters not pertaining directly to YOUR case, etc. Tell them your letter isn't just about your case and you expect a meaningful response IN ADDITION to your case status as to why they can get away with this deception. it is completely inexcusable, especially for a government agency we fund. Remind them there is NO ACCOUNTABILITY with this March BS and everything is a bunch of plastic BS with no substance coming out of their office (seemingly a desperate measure to avoid any pressure or recognition for what they are doing with over-polite nothing-ness). Get pissed off before you write it and make sure it is concise and demand answers. Tell them when you are through and you have your visa, you will keep inquiring until someone initiates some accountability and that you're NOT GOING AWAY any year soon and you'll keep going higher (ACLU who cares) to get some answers, transparency and attempt to stop government deception.

I believe our new president has a big problem with this sort of thing, as well. You may want to write Mr. Obama and advise him USCIS is deceiving the public and has done the same ####### for too long and they, too could use a system revision. Put a CC on the letter (let everyone know your letter is going to everyone and raise a big stink) and send it to USCIS, congress people and the president. Format it well and start keeping logs and dates of what's here in contrast with the blatant BULL USCIS is feeding us..........

Basically go through everything with a fine tooth comb and call them out on anything under the sun they do wrong.

The biggest is the 3/08 files working on deception and how that is designed to shut people up. Pisses me off, to tell you the truth as I HATE deception.

Reaffirm their office was lied to showing them blatant disregard for their status...remind them a Senator's office should not be shunned and fed a line of BS like they do us.

(wouldn't let me edit so I added some info again)

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
I am putting things together to write a letter to congressman. Because i am looking for answers why my application is taking so long at VSC. They requested me to submit evidence with the letter. Does anyone know what type of evidence i can use from this website. Thanks in advance.

I just got a touch, though. I didn't believe it when it happened so you're right in there. Look at the dates and compare with last month and the percentage completed. It'll come; you're still in the window here.

Trust me, I HATE WAITING....but I don't see why yours won't come this week, either. These boxes are definitely being opened and worked on. One guy I've been emailing back and forth did his paper work A MONTH AFTER we did and is preparing for her to come here already. i didn't like that but it's all up to what box they open and who's got that box...that's why the randomness comes out sometimes, I think.

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Send in a photocopy of your NOA1. I honestly don't think there is anything else.

That is all I did. Remember to call back frequently until the have some resolution. My letter didn't help much though honestly, the rep was told to call back when we were over the latest USCIS time limit.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

It hasn't even been 6 months yet from your NOA1. Leave your congressman alone and let him/her tend to cases that actually need attention! You have to wait your turn!

Why wait? Go for it. Making a little noise is only going to (possibly) help everyone. I am waiting till the end of next week to see if there is any change and then I am starting in on the office again. Last I spoke to them they told me 6 months and an additional 220 days that is INSANE. The fact that they have not updated their processing times is a bit of a red flag and a point to make to our Congressman and women.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Why wait? Go for it. Making a little noise is only going to (possibly) help everyone. I am waiting till the end of next week to see if there is any change and then I am starting in on the office again. Last I spoke to them they told me 6 months and an additional 220 days that is INSANE. The fact that they have not updated their processing times is a bit of a red flag and a point to make to our Congressman and women.

I agree that we shouldn't wait. We should all stand up for all the other people that have also been waiting! Not only that, but I want transparency and I want accountability(not to mention, I want my girl back). Perhaps the senators and congressmen/congresswoman can enact something to make this process easier!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.