alb2009

January '09 I-129 filers at CSC

593 posts in this topic

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it at all :dance:

It probably means your number has been scanned, so they can check and see that it is sitting in their facility, but that an office worker hasn't gotten to it yet today to input your specific information into the computer and generate your London number and shipping information! I would bet on that happening today :star:

And as far as mine getting their before yours, it could be a regional thing; the number of cases going to Asia or Japan specifically might have been less in number or handled by somebody else, and shipped quicker due to that. Again, don't worry!

oh don't worry about yours getting there first :) as long as i know mine didn't get lost in the mail, it doesn't matter to me....now...if you were going to london as well....maybe i'd care! just kidding :) you are probably right..theres not many at all, atleast on vj, going to japan.

will my "arrived at nvc" date be the date they put it in the system, or the day they really recieve it? i know it doesn't matter, but I am just wondering! Oh I am sooo tempted to call back right before they close, but I won't...it doesn't matter anyway as I want the case number so my fiance can book the medical, and I am sure he can't do that on the weekend anyway.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I think they day they receive it is usually the day they put it into the computer (NVC is very efficient!) which means I think if you HAD called back at the end of the day it probably would have been in there, but yeah, I understand not freaking out! It doesn't make it go any faster! All I know is, when I called, the lady just said something like "Okay, your packet was received on 4/1 and sent out on 4/2". Being the typical worried K1 filer, I said "Sent to Tokyo, right?" Haha. And she said "Yes, sent to Tokyo."

Edited by klester

I think they day they receive it is usually the day they put it into the computer (NVC is very efficient!) which means I think if you HAD called back at the end of the day it probably would have been in there, but yeah, I understand not freaking out! It doesn't make it go any faster! All I know is, when I called, the lady just said something like "Okay, your packet was received on 4/1 and sent out on 4/2". Being the typical worried K1 filer, I said "Sent to Tokyo, right?" Haha. And she said "Yes, sent to Tokyo."

Yea...i wanted to call back but I don't wanna go more crazy, so I am gonna wait til a little before they close on Monday and hopefully I'll have some good news. It looks like according to the dhl tracking thing, they only sent two packages out yesterday, and neither were to england. so im hoping for monday..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The NVC checks different databases is my understanding....some people get hooked, others don't...

Also, the letter from the NVC arrived today saying it was received and sent on to London. Not much later than it was received...and right on the day that I had predicted that I would hear from them. Darn impatience!

How did you do the DHL tracking? You asked for them for the DHL tracking number?

Hopefully the package is in Vancouver today or tomorrow, and my GF gets package 3 next week. Fingers crossed.

Go to DHL.com, pick United States of America, Track by reference number, NVC told us it left for Vancouver on March 30, 2009 so to find out all the shipments from NVC for that date put EXP 30 MAR 2009A. There was a shipment to Vancouver that date that weighed around 4 lbs!! I hope that was ours!!

I'm also trying to look on DHL.com but it won't work. What reference number did you use exactly? The INS number or the new CASE number? I tried both and they didn't work. Underneath I put the date that NVC said it went out and it doesn't work.

Please help! Thanks!

Background

January 30, 2008.....Met when having lunch in a hotel in Tangier, Morocco

April, August, November 2008.....3 trips back to Morocco

December 7, 2008.....Engaged

February 2009.....4th Visit to Zouhir in Morocco

May 2009.....5th Visit to Zouhir in Morocco

USCIS - 129F Journey

January 10, 2009.....Sent I-129F to CSC

January 14, 2009.....NOA 1

March 19, 2009..... NOA 2

March 30, 2009.....NVC Received

April 1, 2009.....NVC Sent to Casablanca

April 6, 2009..... Arrived at Casablanca Consulate

April 17, 2009....Received Package 3

May 13, 2009.... INTERVIEW in Casablanca. APPROVED!

May 19, 2009..... Visa in Hand

May, 29, 2009.....Zouhir in US

July 18, 2009..... MARRIED :)

AOS Journey

August 10, 2009..... Sent AOS to Chicago

August 12, 2009..... AOS Signed for in Chicago

August 17, 2009..... NOA 1 for AOS, EAD & AP

Sept 16, 2009.....Biometrics completed

Oct 1, 2009... Approval of AOS, EAD & AP

Nov 4, 2009.....AOS appointment - Zouhir Approved for his Green Card

Nov, 18, 2009.....Greencard in Hand!

The tracking by reference doesn't have anything to do with your case number -- as mentioned, it only has to to do with the date.

Sometimes it doesn't go out on exactly that date, so check other references, and other ship dates +/- one day...

EXP 30MAR 2009A

EXP 31MAR 2009A

EXP 01APR 2009A

Do you get the idea? Also, this is one of the topics that can actually successfully be searched!! Find info in the link here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127513

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The tracking by reference doesn't have anything to do with your case number -- as mentioned, it only has to to do with the date.

Sometimes it doesn't go out on exactly that date, so check other references, and other ship dates +/- one day...

EXP 30MAR 2009A

EXP 31MAR 2009A

EXP 01APR 2009A

Do you get the idea? Also, this is one of the topics that can actually successfully be searched!! Find info in the link here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127513

THANKS so much! I got it and was freaked out because it said "Recipient Refused Delivery?" They say they tried to deliver at 4:39pm on Friday April 3rd. I called DHL and they said maybe they were closed or the recipient needs to call DHL in Morocco to give them more information to deliver it successfully. That is so bizarre.. I'm praying it was just closed. I can't believe the NVC wouldn't address it to the right department or person since they do this all the time. Anyway, I emailed the Consulate and gave them all the info and asked them to please confirm with me when our package is delivered. I pray it doesn't get lost somewhere.

Thanks for your good thoughts on this one!

Background

January 30, 2008.....Met when having lunch in a hotel in Tangier, Morocco

April, August, November 2008.....3 trips back to Morocco

December 7, 2008.....Engaged

February 2009.....4th Visit to Zouhir in Morocco

May 2009.....5th Visit to Zouhir in Morocco

USCIS - 129F Journey

January 10, 2009.....Sent I-129F to CSC

January 14, 2009.....NOA 1

March 19, 2009..... NOA 2

March 30, 2009.....NVC Received

April 1, 2009.....NVC Sent to Casablanca

April 6, 2009..... Arrived at Casablanca Consulate

April 17, 2009....Received Package 3

May 13, 2009.... INTERVIEW in Casablanca. APPROVED!

May 19, 2009..... Visa in Hand

May, 29, 2009.....Zouhir in US

July 18, 2009..... MARRIED :)

AOS Journey

August 10, 2009..... Sent AOS to Chicago

August 12, 2009..... AOS Signed for in Chicago

August 17, 2009..... NOA 1 for AOS, EAD & AP

Sept 16, 2009.....Biometrics completed

Oct 1, 2009... Approval of AOS, EAD & AP

Nov 4, 2009.....AOS appointment - Zouhir Approved for his Green Card

Nov, 18, 2009.....Greencard in Hand!

oh my god...i am such an idiot! i was waiting FIFTEEN minutes on hold for NVC....and forgot to ask the case number, which was the whole point of me calling! but anyway, it was sent out today :) back on hold...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

EXP 30MAR 2009A

EXP 31MAR 2009A

EXP 01APR 2009A

there is somùething i don't get. I think I got the idea and how it works.

First: i had to create an account.

second: i chose "united states" as the country in the maine page

Third: i clicked on "track by ref"

and then in reference i typed "EXP 01APR 2009A" the date supposed to be sent

and in range of date i chose

"From: Mar 30 2009

To: Apr 6 2009 "

and it said "no shipment found, please....blabla"..

what did i do wrong? :(

Edited by Ginger cat

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

There's a space! Sorry!

EXP 01 APR 2009A comes up with stuff.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
There's a space! Sorry!

EXP 01 APR 2009A comes up with stuff.

OH MY GAWD! :o

I saw it. :dance:

thanks a lot for that correction. :thumbs:

unless it's not mine... :(

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

Heather - another question about DHL....how long does it take for them to put up the shipments online? Like yours was 3/30 (or 3/31 according to DHL..) so did you find it online on the 31st, or on april 1st?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

this is all good info to know,, that is if n when i get my approval

I-129/K1 process

1/18/09 - Sent I-129 to CSC

1/20/09 - NOA1

1/23/09 - touch

1/24/09 - NOA1 recieved (hard copy)

4/20/09- NOA2

08/18/09- Interview (Passed)

01/22/10 POE

01/26/10 Wedding

AOS

02/17/10 Sent AOS forms

02/26/10 Received NOA1 in mail

03/08/10 Received BIO letter

03/09/10 Biometric walk in (original appt date 03/23)

03/11/10 RFE received for I693- for medical

03/24/10 RFE response received and case processing resumed

04/22/10 received interview letter

04/24/10 AP & EAD approved

04/30/10 Received AP in mail

05/03/10 Received EAD in mail

05/20/10 AOS interview - APPROVED

It showed up when it was shipped out - so late in the afternoon on the 31st.

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.