MarieAnastasia

I-751 ....Part 5...children??

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Do I include all our children in Part 5 of I-751 form? They are all adults. My children are Canadians and live in Canada and Bruce's children are US citizens and live in USA.

Or do I leave blank? I am confused (I was even before I read this question :wacko:

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Do I include all our children in Part 5 of I-751 form? They are all adults. My children are Canadians and live in Canada and Bruce's children are US citizens and live in USA.

Or do I leave blank? I am confused (I was even before I read this question :wacko:

You only include your children in part 5 if they have a conditional GC also and you want to remove conditions also.

Part 5 said to list ALL children! Wrong!

I blew it and put my US citizen daughter there and it messed evverything up. They sent a RFE requesting $80 for her to do biometric.

I missed it in the instructions. "In Part 5 of the form, please make sure to include any conditional resident children applying with you in order to have their conditional basis removed, or they may file separately. Please remember to provide their A-number."

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Thanks so much for your prompt answer. This is really hard on the head :wacko: We are sending our I-751 today!!!!

List of evidence is: (all copies)

passports and my green card

our drivers licenses

car/truck insurances

renters ins

joint bank statements

credit cards

joint income taxes..06 & 07

work benefits stating each as beneficiaries

letter from our car dealer (joint)

our pet's vet records (joint)

family pictures

my Dad's Obituary (with my hubby's name as 'leaving to mourn'

envelopes addressed to both and card from family and friends

travel documents (past & future)

USPS declaration (packages sent to my daughters in Canada with both our names....

Also cover letter and fee

Hope we haven't missed anything......Thanks again...............Joan Marie Anastasia :yes:

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

March 24 - Medical

hello.I'm really confused now becaused I have a son and he was born here last July and I'm submitting his BC as one of my evidence and am not supposed to put his name in part 5....list all your children? :o

Timeline
hello.I'm really confused now becaused I have a son and he was born here last July and I'm submitting his BC as one of my evidence and am not supposed to put his name in part 5....list all your children? :o

yeah you should put his name.. that is what I did and I had no problems..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

"In Part 5 of the form, please make sure to include any conditional resident children applying with you in order to have their conditional basis removed, or they may file separately. "

I included my US citizen adopted daughter for evidence also. Submitted her US Passport also and explained she was a US citizen. Idiots send me RFE for an additional $80 for biometrics.

I called USCIS and they told me to send a letter explaining. Another copy of her US PP also. They still didn't get it straightened out. My senator finally got them to remove my daughter from the petition.

I know lots of people that put their USC child in Part 5 and didn't have problems. It was my bad luck to get someone who only looked at the I-751 and not the cover letter or see a copy of her US PP.

If I were you I wouldn't include the child in Part 5. Yeah! Hard not to but as you can see there is no place to put they are US citizens. Just a place for A#.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Ok I'm confused again :wacko: Do I or don't I add our 4 children??? All adults, 2 Canadians, 2 Americans...........none of them live with us. They techincally have nothing to do with our I-751

This is going in mail tomorrow. Need to get this straight. I'm saying, "Do not add children!" Appreciate all feedback. Thanks...... :blush:

March 24 - Medical

Ok I'm confused again :wacko: Do I or don't I add our 4 children??? All adults, 2 Canadians, 2 Americans...........none of them live with us. They techincally have nothing to do with our I-751

This is going in mail tomorrow. Need to get this straight. I'm saying, "Do not add children!" Appreciate all feedback. Thanks...... :blush:

..Alls I can say is ours is all Fooked up because we added our daughter. Part 5 is only for children with GCs you want conditions removed for along with the Green card holder.

!! ALL PAU!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am hoping not to add to the confusion, but I also have a question about this.

We are filing for my wife to remove conditions on her residence.

She has a son that is 8 who is still living in Vietnam. Her ex husband did not sign the waiver for him to come with her. We pray everyday that he will change his mind and sign the release of her son to come here and live.

Should we put her sons name here?

Also, I have 2 children from a previous marriage, that have become her step children.

Should we include their names also?

Thanks for your help.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

She has a son that is 8 who is still living in Vietnam. Her ex husband did not sign the waiver for him to come with her. We pray everyday that he will change his mind and sign the release of her son to come here and live.

Also, I have 2 children from a previous marriage, that have become her step children.

Thanks for your help.

As I said!

You only add children to part 5 if they have a 2 year conditional GC and you want to remove their conditions.

!! ALL PAU!

Thanks for your help.

As I said!

You only add children to part 5 if they have a 2 year conditional GC and you want to remove their conditions.

So you mean my USC baby will not be included in part 5? just wanna make sure about this as i will remove my condition soon. THANKS

Don't put your USC child in part 5. I did and its still srewed up. USCIS keeps sending RFEs for my daughter to pay for biometrics. My Senator finally may have got it squared away.

Only put kids if the have a 2 year GC and have to remove conditions.

Yeah I have friends that got away with putting their USC kids. I sure didn't.

!! ALL PAU!

I think its better to put the information.I just add my child on the form since I'll be submitting his BC as additional evidence.I just put USC under immigration status.The instructions did not say NOT to include USC child anyway, so its not really clear but I don't want to upset USCIS official who will be checking my papers because the form asks clearly about listing all the children and it doesn't make sense that I will submit my child's BC and don't put his name on the form. :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.