bluenosebear

File for Visa again after 10 years??

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Do not quite know where to start, :blush: but I'll give it a shot...My husband(American) and I(German) have been married since 1991...he was stationed here in Germany then we left for the states in 1992, did the whole Visa thingy here and recieved my card, which after two years we had to file again to show proof that we were still married to get the permanant resident. Well we sent the papers and money order and everything was approved, but I never recieved the permant card and honestly I forgot to call them and check up on it. So therefor I never got the card!! Well my husband got out of the military(now a disabled vet) in 1993 and we continued to live in the U.S. until 1997. We then returned to Germany and now after all these years and a couple of visits back in the U.S. we are wanting to relocate back to Texas!!! Does anybody have any info for me as far as which Visa we need to apply for, and what's up with this sponsership that I am hearing about?? Thanks a million for any help

Sincerly...

This sounds almost exactly like our story, check it out here

I'm going to refrain from giving you any advice, cuz I'm just muddling through all this stuff myself. However, I can say that this board is very good with helping, read through all the guides and wiki's, they are goldmines of information!

Good luck on your journey!

DCF Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

25 Nov 2008 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office

01 Dec 2008 - I-130 received by Embassy

19 Dec 2008 - Petition Approved

24 Dec 2008 - Notice of approval received

03 Jan 2009 - Packet 3 received

03 Feb 2009 - Medical Exam completed

15 May 2009 - INTERVIEW!

18 May 2009 - Interview went well, but Visa not granted. More paperwork to submit, more hoops to jump through

01 June 2009 - Sent in required paperwork Part 2

18 June 2009 - VISA GRANTED!!! WOO HOOO!!!

1500616j7ioakmay7.gif Glenn + Carole 130620yypgdmap0q.gif

Timeline
This sounds almost exactly like our story, check it out here

I'm going to refrain from giving you any advice, cuz I'm just muddling through all this stuff myself. However, I can say that this board is very good with helping, read through all the guides and wiki's, they are goldmines of information!

Good luck on your journey!

Wow you're right it sure does sound like our story!!!! I guess we will have to face the paper war again!! Yuk ....I hope it is not even more confusing now being that it is the second time around. Thanks for your response, I will try to call somewhere 2morrow and see if I can get anymore info on all of this.

I also wish you good luck!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Because of the long lasting relationship, I think you are eligible for Direct Consular Filing, which is super fast. Look that up.

dd/mmm/aaaa

05/jun/2007 - Got married

I-130

08/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet sent to NSC

09/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet received

19/sep/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

25/sep/2007 - NOA1 arrived

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on March 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-130 was approved in 258 days.

I-129F

09/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet sent to CSC

10/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet received

12/oct/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

20/oct/2007 - NOA1 received

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on April 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-129f was approved in 197 days.

NVC

08/may/2008 - replied to my e-mail sent on april 30, saying that our petition has been sent to the consulate.

Consulate

20/JUN/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS

18/mar/2009 - Packet delivered

24/mar/2009 - NOA for AOS and EAD date

25/mar/2009 - Check cashed

15/apr/2009 - Biometrics done

22/may/2009 - EAD approved

Do not quite know where to start, :blush: but I'll give it a shot...My husband(American) and I(German) have been married since 1991...he was stationed here in Germany then we left for the states in 1992, did the whole Visa thingy here and recieved my card, which after two years we had to file again to show proof that we were still married to get the permanant resident. Well we sent the papers and money order and everything was approved, but I never recieved the permant card and honestly I forgot to call them and check up on it. So therefor I never got the card!! Well my husband got out of the military(now a disabled vet) in 1993 and we continued to live in the U.S. until 1997. We then returned to Germany and now after all these years and a couple of visits back in the U.S. we are wanting to relocate back to Texas!!! Does anybody have any info for me as far as which Visa we need to apply for, and what's up with this sponsership that I am hearing about?? Thanks a million for any help

Sincerly...

all these years and a couple of visits back in the U.S.

I can't understand how you would have be able to visit the US without a valid GC?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Sincerly...

I can't understand how you would have be able to visit the US without a valid GC?

German citizens can visit on the VWP.

Sounds like the OP needs to file for an IR1 visa with a Direct Consular Filing. If the disability income is sufficient, your husband would qualify to sponsor. If it's just the two of you, the income only needs to be $17,500 annually.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Sincerly...

Sounds like the OP needs to file for an IR1 visa with a Direct Consular Filing. If the disability income is sufficient, your husband would qualify to sponsor. If it's just the two of you, the income only needs to be $17,500 annually.

Timeline

Sincerly...

Well actually we never had a problem, I fill out the little slip on the plane and enter like all other Germans, I had a couple of questions asked this last trip, but it was only to find out when I had received my very first GC, due to the fact that as a child I also had a GC, because my dad was military and we had to PCS to the U.S....which I gave up at Frankfurt when we (my husband and I) applied for the Visa in 92...hum I never even thought about that situation :wow:

Timeline

Sincerly...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.