juana17

filing the I-30 need advice

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi there,

we are finally filing for Aldeki my Cuban husband to come here after months lost thinking we could live there and do our paperwork from Cuba.... way too hard! So any way, I really need good advice and support as here in US i moved to the South and am starting from scratch. Good news is that my relationship is beautiful as ever and although i hated leaving him again, it is worth everything for us to be able to be here together. Bad news is there, i was robbed right after a trip to immigration and lost all of our identification and important papers so it has been hell trying to recuperate those. What we don't have now is his cuban birth certificate or mine. Are they critical? in the first packet? I have a copy of our marriage certificate, his passport ( copies ) our bank books from cuba, c-cards his education degrees, my passport/baptism cert. and then the pictures.

the pictures! While in Cuba I got the application with directions to take 3/4 views of face at specific size which we did professionally, Now I have heard we need passport /style photos straight ahead, face. !!! I am having him email me 2 new ones. , next, what are acco fasteners? are they the butterfly clips or just paper clips.? Can anyone out there email me a few pictures of how their Successful package looked? I have pictures of us and our family together and want to make sure it is all right .... I sure am hoping this is the year of much change, all good for all of us cubanas and cuban americanas, we need it! felicidades del nuevo ano!!!! :star:

One love...

Hi there,

we are finally filing for Aldeki my Cuban husband to come here after months lost thinking we could live there and do our paperwork from Cuba.... way too hard! So any way, I really need good advice and support as here in US i moved to the South and am starting from scratch. Good news is that my relationship is beautiful as ever and although i hated leaving him again, it is worth everything for us to be able to be here together. Bad news is there, i was robbed right after a trip to immigration and lost all of our identification and important papers so it has been hell trying to recuperate those. What we don't have now is his cuban birth certificate or mine. Are they critical? in the first packet? I have a copy of our marriage certificate, his passport ( copies ) our bank books from cuba, c-cards his education degrees, my passport/baptism cert. and then the pictures.

the pictures! While in Cuba I got the application with directions to take 3/4 views of face at specific size which we did professionally, Now I have heard we need passport /style photos straight ahead, face. !!! I am having him email me 2 new ones. , next, what are acco fasteners? are they the butterfly clips or just paper clips.? Can anyone out there email me a few pictures of how their Successful package looked? I have pictures of us and our family together and want to make sure it is all right .... I sure am hoping this is the year of much change, all good for all of us cubanas and cuban americanas, we need it! felicidades del nuevo ano!!!! :star:

Welcome, you are probably not going to find many people with first hand experience since most americans cant travel to cuba as you undoubtdly know.

The birth certificate of your husband is critical you will need to get copy before you can file. Your US passport will be ok for you but you will probably want to get your birth certificate because you will need it eventually.

Arco fastners are the black butterfly ones.

Also you say tou have copies of marriage certificate ect. you will need originals of these later also. does your husband have a passport? He will need one obviously.

Edited by geezer

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi there,

Welcome, you are probably not going to find many people with first hand experience since most americans cant travel to cuba as you undoubtdly know.

The birth certificate of your husband is critical you will need to get copy before you can file. Your US passport will be ok for you but you will probably want to get your birth certificate because you will need it eventually.

Arco fastners are the black butterfly ones.

Also you say tou have copies of marriage certificate ect. you will need originals of these later also. does your husband have a passport? He will need one obviously.

ACCO makes more than one kind of fastener. Use anything you want besides staples. USCIS will rebuild the file as they see fit. Anything that keeps them in order until they get there including just a tight fitting envelope will do nicely.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Juana,

Just keep it simple.I put all out docs into an envelope, all papers secured with just a couple of large paperclips, coverletter on top. I just stapled individual sets of forms i.e. G-325 with the photos ...ect. The processing center will tear the packet apart anyway. Just stack it in the order noted in the VJ guide and you should be good to go. Good luck

Do not judge a man by his mistakes,judge him by what he learns from those mistakes.

04/22/2008 I-130 sent

05/05/2008 NOA 1 recieved

05/09/2008 I-129f sent

05/31/2008 NOA1 recieved

06/21/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

06/23/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

10/31/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

09/27/2008 TOUCHED(CR-1)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(K-3)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(CR-1)

02/18-19 Medical(PASSED!!)

02/25/2009 K-3 Interview(PASSED!!)

05/27/2009 Enter U.S. POE Dallas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

thank you all so much, I am getting there slowly but surely I hope...

Today he emailed a visa style picture, hope it is easy to take it to printer! , THEN i went to a immigration center, and the agent confused me completely by giving me forms that i had not ben told to file right away, He said I should file the 129-f (To use as a K-3 spousal visa app) at the same time as the I-130 , inthre same package , now what does that mean fee wise??? the 130 is 355. and the 129 is 455. I don't have to send both do I? annnd aqldo he said to file the I-485 with this same package even though my husband is there in Cuba and we are just filing now. Does any body know what is up with this? I thought that was done after arrival, and why is it any way? if he is to enter as a permanaent resident don't we have some time on that? I want to do this right and the fastest possible way of course, and because of having our papers stolen we are scrambling to get what we can. I have a photograph taken at the notario en Miramar showing my old birth certificate and other papers that I had my husband take for the records! I will try to enlarge those tomorrow i guess! As for his birth certificate, any new one he gets willl be in cuba any way, not here with our stuff to send, so I am praying the copies of passport, bankbooks, certificate of soltario ( prior to the marriage ) are good. Any thoughts? I am already frantic about doing the support afadavit, I have not done my taxes and have pretty lean pickin's but could show assets If I can get them in order! wow this is hard,..... trying to stay up beat , I can tell its gonna be cuba hard! :whistle::blink::blush:

One love...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.