Aymsgirl

Thursday

53 posts in this topic

sadrila - Yup going solo :) My mom was a home decorating marvel and taught me plenty along the way. I'm actually looking forward to doing it!! The only part I'm nervous about is putting down the new flooring in the bathroom but I have my fingers crossed and will take my time with it. We live in this crappy little 2 bdr apartment that I hate, so I'm hoping that if I put some work into I might actually like it....

omg MrsAmera

I never had the opportunity to throughly create and decorate the ambviance I would like in my home.

However, no home has ever been MY home so maybe that is why I dont want to invest.

I definitely want the Moroccan style and colors at some point.

I just need the space, ya know

2 bedroom, omgggggggggg that would be like a mansion to me considering we are living in a one bedroom

but you know what...any place I can lay my hat is home.

Good luck with your project and certainly post pix...ok

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Trust me it's not that big - we have 2 kids under 5!! We are looking for a 3 bedroom apartment but they are so darn expensive in DC!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Now that my husband is working I was looking forward to either upgrading in the complex I am in OR

in about 1 year move out.

My children dont live with me full time but I have 3

Even on just the one night I have all 3..it is just too much and they get all crazy and I feel like

I am going get the boot for sure cuz how can you keep 3 kids and 2 adults all cooped up in a one bedroom apt??

All in all since Hubby arrived they have adjusted very well, next step TAPE THEIR MOUTHS SHUT AND TIE THEIR FEET TOGETHER :whistle:

I mean mine are older than yours and we are on the 3rd floor.

One would think that by 9, 12 and 16 years old the youngners would chill out HELLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!!

Mine only got more unruly :bonk:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning! :)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Thursday mena!!! I am on my way out the door to pick out yarn for a friend to make a shawl for me. plus i have to get some stuff for my arabic needlepoint. Its cold here and tomorrow we are to get 4-6 inches of snow. And then for the next 5 days the weather is calling for snow showers :wacko: . i hate snow!!!

funny-pictures-cats-rally-against-dog.jpg

Morning everyone! Fantastic day here. I love this pic!! Look at

those faces...makes me SMILE.
:D

That looks like the face of my cat when the dog harrasses him!!! lololol

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Happy Thursday mena!!! I am on my way out the door to pick out yarn for a friend to make a shawl for me. plus i have to get some stuff for my arabic needlepoint. Its cold here and tomorrow we are to get 4-6 inches of snow. And then for the next 5 days the weather is calling for snow showers :wacko: . i hate snow!!!

Hang in there Terrie! Only 2 months, 1 week, and 5 days until Spring. inshaallah

Edited by Mrs. Beasley

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The travel channel recently aired something on Amsterdam with that woman that my husband hates for no particular reason other than her voice gives him a headache and he said she's just too damned happy. Anyhoo it was soooo cool 'cause instead of staying at a normal hotel on a strip somewhere she stayed in a houseboat!!! It looked absolutely luxurious inside and sooo cozy. That's what we'll do if we ever do go there for a visit.

On a sidenote, does anyone else's husband think that you'll die if he doesn't wake you up from a nightmare? I had a whopper of one yesterday and I was literally crying and shouting and apparently he woke me up quite a few times though I don't remember. He just told me and said "I saved you and you don't remember? Don't you know if someone doesn't wake you up from a bad nightmare and you don't wake up on your own you could die? Like if you were falling down a bottomless pit and you didn't wake up you'd be dead??" (personally I think if you're falling down a bottomless pit you'll live until you starve to death since, duh, it's bottomless but he doesn't get my logic :innocent: )

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
On a sidenote, does anyone else's husband think that you'll die if he doesn't wake you up from a nightmare? I had a whopper of one yesterday and I was literally crying and shouting and apparently he woke me up quite a few times though I don't remember. He just told me and said "I saved you and you don't remember? Don't you know if someone doesn't wake you up from a bad nightmare and you don't wake up on your own you could die? Like if you were falling down a bottomless pit and you didn't wake up you'd be dead??" (personally I think if you're falling down a bottomless pit you'll live until you starve to death since, duh, it's bottomless but he doesn't get my logic :innocent: )

Something like this?! :lol:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Filed: Timeline
The travel channel recently aired something on Amsterdam with that woman that my husband hates for no particular reason other than her voice gives him a headache and he said she's just too damned happy. Anyhoo it was soooo cool 'cause instead of staying at a normal hotel on a strip somewhere she stayed in a houseboat!!! It looked absolutely luxurious inside and sooo cozy. That's what we'll do if we ever do go there for a visit.

Samantha Brown? I can't stand her voice either :wacko: And yeh she's wayyy too cheery, drop it down a notch lol

Houseboat rentals: If you want to stay right on the water, literally, look into renting a houseboat. They can be open, spacious and simply designed. The boats are stable and have toilets and showers. Some houseboats have two sleeping quarters, but all houseboats are different. Do an Internet search on houseboat rentals in Amsterdam, and go from there.

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Sama...?vgnextfmt=show

Edited by Ash * Habibati

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am awake late but awake i am jazzed husby is looking for tickets before the 25th of this month insh'aallah!!!!

long day bummed cause I5 sounth is flooded and closed can't visit my mom and dad haven't seen them since thanksgiving. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.