lilies

Get married in US, can my fiance file for K3?

19 posts in this topic

Small question, did you travel to the US on your visitors visa to get married?

Yes, we had been talking about getting married here in US when I was still in my original country.

I have another questions.. When NVC send the DS-3032 to me, do I need to send it back to NVC in the US or can I just send it to US embassy in my country? Same question about DS-230 payment, do I have to send a check to NVC or just pay the fee before I have the interview? Thanks.

It goes to NVC but that's months from now and there are efficient procedures for that, you'll want to check out in the CR1 forum closer to when you need them.

Thanks alot pushbrk for your information, that really helps :)

CR1 TIme Line (California Service Center):

2009-03-02 : I-130 Sent

2009-03-04 : I-130 received by USCIS

2009-03-10 : I-130 NOA1 (Check has been cashed on March 11, 09)

2009-03-13 : Touched

2009-03-30 : I-130 Approved! 20 days after NOA1

2009-04-17 : NVC Received and assigned case # (18 days after NOA2)

2009-04-22 : Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill

2009-04-22 : Return Completed DS-3032 trough e-mail (accepted by NVC on May 04, 09, finally after 12 days)

2009-04-23 : Pay I-864 Bill

2009-04-28 : Return Completed I-864 (NVC upload in their system on May 1, 09)

2009-05-04 : Pay IV Bill

2009-05-05 : Receive IV Bill in our email

2009-05-06 : Return Completed IV package/DS-230 (NVC upload it in their system on May 11, 09)

2009-05-26 : Case Completed at NVC (39 days from case# assigned)

2009-06-04 : NVC Left

2009-06-08 : Consulate Received

2009-07-15 : Medical check up

2009-07-29 : Interview Date (PASSED)

2009-08-04 : Visa Received

2009-08-09 : US Entry

2009-08-18 : Received SS card in the mailbox

2009-08-24 : Welcome Notice

2009-09-04 : Receive Greencard (finally)

Removing Condition Time Line (Vermont Service Center):

2011-06-02 : I-751 sent

2011-06-04 : I-751 received

2011-06-06 : NOA1 date

2011-06-22 : Biometrics Notice date, received in the mail on 24th

2011-07-12 : Biometrics Appointment

2012-02-24 : Approved!

For we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Yes, we had been talking about getting married here in US when I was still in my original country.

I have another questions.. When NVC send the DS-3032 to me, do I need to send it back to NVC in the US or can I just send it to US embassy in my country? Same question about DS-230 payment, do I have to send a check to NVC or just pay the fee before I have the interview? Thanks.

Ouch!

then be very careful - using the visitors visa to "get around" the system for marriage is considered visa fraud.

So I would not use that visitors visa to get married in the US and attempt to change status.

(that is, you use the visitors visa to come here, get married, and stay here to change status)

You can come here to get married, then go back home and do the other visa path as discussed!

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Ouch!

then be very careful - using the visitors visa to "get around" the system for marriage is considered visa fraud.

So I would not use that visitors visa to get married in the US and attempt to change status.

(that is, you use the visitors visa to come here, get married, and stay here to change status)

You can come here to get married, then go back home and do the other visa path as discussed!

Which is why they are posting in the K3 forum about filing for a spouse visa. Staying to adjust status would be visa fraud but they have declared no such intention. Intentionally using a visitor visa to get married is perfectly acceptable as long as they don't stay and attempt to immigrate.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Be sure to read this as what you are doing will raise some red flags. This concerns the AOS but from what you said you came here on a visitor visa but your actual intention was marriage. If that is true, it would be visa fraud I believe. Best wishes.

This if from the AOS page here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=otheraos

"General notes about adjusting from H1B, F-1, J-1, or another type of visa: Entering the US on another

type of visa, such as student (F-1) or H1B, followed quickly by marriage to a US citizen, and then followed

quickly by an application for adjustment of status might be construed by the USCIS to be visa fraud. The

reason for this is that you applied for the original visa, and then after entry into the US quickly applied for

adjustment of status, which makes the real purpose for your original visa request suspect."

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif7.gifTTT725325v80m0346dj.gif

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.