Steve and Amara

Finding a Civil Surgeon in the NYC area to fill a Supplement I-693A

38 posts in this topic

Sorry for delay. Here is the civil surgeon I used who charged $50 to transcribe the vaccination records with no full medical. (back in July 08)

Dr. Noel L. Smith

Foley Plaza Medical, PC

Suite 204 325 Broadway

tel: 212 385 3730

M

Same Price thus far as of September 2010. he transcribed all the medical records for my husband and step son and when he made a mistake he immidiately started from scratch and gave us a new form. Very Pleasant. : )

TIMELINE

Marriage : 2009-03-11

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-25

Interview Date : 2009-11-12

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-12-03

US Entry : 2010-02-08

I-130 Approval : 2009-08-25

Port of Entry : JFK

POE Date : 2010-02-08

Got EAD Stamp : Yes,EAD Card

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : MSC Local Office: New York City

Date Filed : 2010-09-23

NOA Date : 2010-09-30

Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-14

Approval Date: 2011-04-19

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: No

Comments : No Interview, just received a notice online that card processing is in completion. step-sons status is currently still showing the same, last touch on 10/20/2011 and no update as of yet.

Employment Authorization Document

Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-14

Approved Date : 2010-12-20

Date Card Received : 2010-12-30

Advance Parole

Date Received : 2010-11-01

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We just called the Smith office. We might end up going with him depending on other prices, but the price has gone up to $75, and they were trying to sell a skin test that's "necessary" to my husband for $50 more, which is definitely not what he needs or is required. We're still calling around to other docs to get some prices. Seems this is a scammers paradise. How can the gov allow this????

Timeline

Very interesting...I called Dr. Smith's office myself to see if I'd get a different answer than my husband (due to the accent issue. I've noticed he sometimes will be told higher rates for small things if people assume he's a tourist).

At first I got put on hold by a woman. Then I called back after waiting too long for my taste. I got a man this time and he said it was $50 for just he transcriptions. He also mentioned they have Saturday hours on top of the weekday ones. I don't know if the office is unorganized or if the accent thing made a difference (anyone with opinions on that?) but I figure we'll go with this doc, and I guess it'll have to be when I'm around just in case so I can do the talking.

Hopefully it was just someone quoting the wrong thing. I find my husband doesn't often express what he is really talking about - he doesn't ask questions and he doesn't get specifics. My mom complains about my dad doing the same thing. She'll ask him, so does it include X? And he doesn't know. Maybe it's a man thing :)

If it was deliberate, that's despicable... but I don't find the in the US very much.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I don't know what to think, as he told everyone he called that he just needed the forms done to show he had the shots, no medicals. But everyone was pushing medicals/medical pricing. And he said the Smith office told him he had to get the TB skin test as it was a requirement. I'd hope that's just misinformation, but the difference in price is very odd, as they specifically told him it would be $75 for the I693 to be done, then $50 for the skin test, then another fee for a full medical if he needed that. I'm definitely going with him when he goes to this office so I can do the talking and they hear the accent!

Timeline

Just an update. We both went to the Smith office the other day as walk-ins, which they told me they accept. We went in and told the receptionist we needed the vaccinations list done for a K1 visa. She went in to the doc's office to ask/tell him someone was there about this. She came out and then went in again to ask something else, or show him something. The doc came out soon after and started right in on the forms. They know what they're doing with the forms and the types of visas, but it was funny as they seem to just get right down to it yet had to go back and forth a bit for the things they needed to do and check, like envelopes and their stamper. Maybe that's cause they'd just opened? (we went in right after 10am) Still, we were in and out in maybe 15 or 20 minutes, which is better than I expected.

The office is a bit dated looking and they have an immigration medical sign outside. So this seems to be what they do, period (?). Some of the other offices I was looking into that wanted more than $50 seem to have things like botox and other cosmetic services as a side business (!). I guess that's how some stay afloat.

As they were finishing up the secretary quoted $50 to me, so I'm assuming the $75 plus info my husband was told last week was incorrect info by someone new or unsure of the visas. I asked if they could possibly give me a receipt for my flex plan, and she did. Though they were a bit unsure what it was at first, so I guess not many people ask for that. But I got it, and submitted it. So that was a bonus.

I'd definitely recommend going to this office and seeing Dr. Smith. It was fast, and he knew what he was doing with the forms. Getting that form signed was a big worry, esp after we had to get one last shot and then realized we better get my husband a flu shot too just in case since it's now flu season (we did that on the fly the night before at a CVS). Getting it out of the way was a huge relief, as was not having to pay more than $50. So I'm very happy with Dr. Smith's service!

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very interesting...I called Dr. Smith's office myself to see if I'd get a different answer than my husband (due to the accent issue. I've noticed he sometimes will be told higher rates for small things if people assume he's a tourist).

At first I got put on hold by a woman. Then I called back after waiting too long for my taste. I got a man this time and he said it was $50 for just he transcriptions. He also mentioned they have Saturday hours on top of the weekday ones. I don't know if the office is unorganized or if the accent thing made a difference (anyone with opinions on that?) but I figure we'll go with this doc, and I guess it'll have to be when I'm around just in case so I can do the talking.

2014 Update!

I called the number and a woman with a Chinese accent answered and said that they don't just transcription and I need bloodwork. I told her I just need the transcription and know people that just did the transcription. She said "Listen, they don't know anything, we have been doing this for 25 years. They always go back coz there is a problem." Oh well.. maybe they are trying to make more money. I don't know what to do. I called several civil surgeons already and they all want to do the medical exam... (sigh)

2013-12-12: I-129F Sent
2013-12-16: I-129F Received
2013-12-18: I-129F NOA1

2013-12-22: I-129F NOA1 (hard copy)
2014-01-09: I-129F NOA2
2014-01-13: I-129F NOA2 (hard copy)
2014-01-22: Got NVC Case Number (Status: At NVC)
2014-01-25: In transit to the Consular Section
2014-01-28: Consular Received (Ready)
2014-02-12: Passed Medical Exam @ SLMEC
2014-02-13: CFO done
2014-02-27: Interview APPROVED
2014-03-08: Visa Received
2014-03-13: POE Detroit

2014-04-16: Wedding Date

2014-09-26: AOS Sent
2014-10-06: NOA1 (Email/Sms)
2014-10-18: Biometrics Letter Received (10/11 Notice Date)
2014-10-28: Biometrics Appointment (Will try early walk-in)

2014-10-23: Biometrics Done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.