one...two...tree

Terrorist-Sympathizers UN Claims No Hamas Fighters in Bombed School:

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
didnt the USA promoted the hamas election as a good thing in the first place? shouldnt Israel be kinda pissed off against USA for this?

The really was one of the defining failures on the Bush administration's policy towards Israel & the Palestinian Territories. Set them back years (if not decades).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is odd that those who are suffering the most, are the ones that are sympathised with the least in our media.

You walk up to a seven foot muscle bound dude and kik him in the shin with your birkenstocks,he just looks at you. You kik him again and again. Finally he drops you to the curb and mashes your face. Who is suffering more? Doesnt matter!

You will have a hard time convincing me that the Israelis are suffering more though......

That's pretty much what it always comes down to - that and the relativisation that one palestinian life is work X number of Jewish lives.

Its not unreasonable to draw attention to the disproportionate nature of the Israeli response when compared to the scale of the original threat.

Not sypathetic? :bonk:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline
It is odd that those who are suffering the most, are the ones that are sympathised with the least in our media.

You walk up to a seven foot muscle bound dude and kik him in the shin with your birkenstocks,he just looks at you. You kik him again and again. Finally he drops you to the curb and mashes your face. Who is suffering more? Doesnt matter!

You will have a hard time convincing me that the Israelis are suffering more though......

That's pretty much what it always comes down to - that and the relativisation that one palestinian life is work X number of Jewish lives.

Its not unreasonable to draw attention to the disproportionate nature of the Israeli response when compared to the scale of the original threat.

Nope - not sympathetic to Hamas. I'm sympathetic to the poor sods caught up in the middle of it.

Perhaps I should ask you why you're such a sadistic war-monger.

Edited by Paul Daniels

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I say we bomb them...and Time magazine for aiding and abetting their agenda.

We evict them - from one very expensive building in New York City.

Which reminds me... how much was it in dues we owed?

Geez Luís people... lets just declare them Far Leftist Islamic Terrorists and ask IDF to shell anything with a UN Flag.

They already are! Those darn UN hamas sons of mahmouds!

Palestinians find 35 bodies in Gaza battle zone

By Ibrahim Barzak and Steve Weizman, Associated Press Writers | January 8, 2009

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip --A Palestinian health official says the bodies of 35 people have been found in the rubble of a Gaza Strip battle zone.

Dr. Moaiya Hassanain of the Palestinian Health Ministry says the bodies were discovered Thursday during a three-hour pause in fighting. Israel agreed to the lull to allow aid shipments into Gaza.

Hassanain says some of the bodies were discovered in the Zeitoun neighborhood of Gaza City. The area has seen some of the heaviest fighting between Israeli troops and Hamas militants in recent days.

He says it's not clear how many militants were killed because the remains were in poor condition. But he says women and children were among the dead.

Hassanain says close to 750 Palestinians have been killed in Israel's 13-day offensive.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

JERUSALEM (AP) -- The United Nations halted aid deliveries to the besieged Gaza Strip on Thursday, citing Israeli attacks on its staff and installations hours after it said tank fire killed one of its drivers as he went to pick up a shipment.

The United Nations has already demanded an investigation into Israel's shelling of a U.N. school in Gaza that killed nearly 40 people earlier this week. Israel and residents said militants were operating in the area at the time.

For a second straight day, Israel suspended its Gaza military operation for three hours to allow in humanitarian supplies. Shortly before the pause took effect, however, the U.N. said one of its aid trucks came under Israeli fire, killing the driver.

U.N. spokesman Adnan Abu Hasna said the U.N. coordinated the delivery with Israel, and the vehicle was marked with a U.N. flag and insignia when it was shot in northern Gaza. The Israeli army said it was investigating.

"The U.N. is suspending its aid operations in Gaza until we can get safety and security guarantees for our staff," spokesman Chris Gunness said. "We've been coordinating with them (Israeli forces) and yet our staff continue to be hit and killed."

The U.N. provides food aid to around 750,000 Gaza residents, and runs dozens of schools and clinics throughout the territory. They have some 9,000 locally-employed staffers inside Gaza, and a small team of international staffers who work there.

As Israel pushed forward with the bloody offensive in the Gaza Strip, militants in Lebanon fired at least three rockets into Israel early Thursday, threatening to open a new front for the Jewish state. Israel responded with mortar shells.

The rockets from Lebanon raised the specter of renewed hostilities on Israel's northern frontier, just 2 1/2 years after Israel battled the Hezbollah guerrilla group to a 34-day stalemate. War broke out between Hezbollah and Israel in 2006 as Israel battled Palestinian militants in Gaza, on Israel's southern borders.

No group claimed responsibility. Lebanon's government condemned the attack, and Hezbollah -- which now plays an integral role in Lebanon's government -- denied any responsibility for the rocket fire, which lightly injured two Israelis.

In other Gaza violence, Israel killed at least 11 people, including three who were fleeing their homes, raising the death toll from its 13-day offensive to 699 Palestinians, according to Palestinian medical officials. Eleven Israelis have died since the offensive began Dec. 27.

The offensive is meant to halt years of Palestinian rocket attacks on southern Israel, but with roughly half the dead believed to be civilians, international efforts to broker a cease-fire have been gaining steam.

Despite the heavy fighting, strides appeared to be made on the diplomatic front with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice saying the U.S. supported a deal being brokered by France and Egypt.

While the U.N. Security Council failed to reach agreement on a cease-fire resolution, Egypt's U.N. Ambassador Maged Abdelaziz said representatives of Israel, Hamas and the Palestinian Authority agreed to meet separately with Egyptian officials in Cairo.

Israeli envoys traveled to Egypt on Thursday to discuss the proposal.

For Israel to accept a proposed cease-fire deal, "there has to be a total and complete cessation of all hostile fire from Gaza into Israel, and ... we have to see an arms embargo on Hamas that will receive international support," said government spokesman Mark Regev.

For its part, Hamas said it would not accept a truce deal unless it includes an end to the Israeli blockade of Gaza -- something Israel says it is not willing to do. Israel and Egypt have maintained a stiff economic embargo on Gaza since the Hamas takeover.

The Palestinian Authority controls the West Bank while Hamas rules Gaza -- two territories on opposite sides of Israel that are supposed to make up a future Palestinian state. Hamas took control of Gaza from forces loyal to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in June 2007.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeas...to_gaza?mode=PF

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's about taking a side, not right vs wrong. Since 9/11 America's NOT on the the Arabs' side.

Uh...excuse me....and what percentage of palestinians are Hamas?

75% of those killed are Hamas, according to the military.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

It's about taking a side, not right vs wrong. Since 9/11 America's NOT on the the Arabs' side.

What do you mean "since" 9/11? The US has always favored Israel.

Nope - not sympathetic to Hamas. I'm sympathetic to the poor sods caught up in the middle of it.

The poor sods are the ones who voted Hamas in. I aint seein to much about a defiance of the poor sods against Hamas.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
For its part, Hamas said it would not accept a truce deal unless it includes an end to the Israeli blockade of Gaza -- something Israel says it is not willing to do. Israel and Egypt have maintained a stiff economic embargo on Gaza since the Hamas takeover.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

America's moving to the left, if you haven't noticed.

And the US has not *always* favored Israel, only in the last 40 years (specifically, since the Six-Day War).

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

The poor sods are the ones who voted Hamas in. I aint seein to much about a defiance of the poor sods against Hamas.

Yeah - that's the justification being used to justify the for the civilian casualties.

"They voted them in - therefore they deserve it".

"We blew up that school because a two-man rocket team was using human shields"

America's moving to the left, if you haven't noticed.

And the US has not *always* favored Israel, only in the last 40 years (specifically, since the Six-Day War).

So what - 9/11 didn't happen 40 years ago.

Yeah because the US helped so much when 6 million Jews were "in the oven"...

What does that have to do with anything that's been said?

Timeline

Don't blame the media, by the way. Americans are *distinctly* different from people in other countries

in their opinions about Israel:

491-3.gif

Timeline

Don't blame the media, by the way. Americans are *distinctly* different from people in other countries

in their opinions about Israel:

491-3.gif

Why not? Surely it is the fault of the media for not addressing other aspects of the dispute.

Americans may be different in their attitudes from other countries - but what's the alternative: Self-delusion?

Timeline
Why not? Surely it is the fault of the media for not addressing other aspects of the dispute.

I'd say it's the fault of the far-left media in Europe that Europeans favor terrorists over Israel.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

? Your point? Egypt the government does in no way represent Egypt the people.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi