jhunjhun

Do I need a police clearance/certificate during our interview?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a bit nervous for our upcoming interview. I was wondering if I do need to bring a police clearance during our interview. I haven't committed any crimes or anything that againts the law.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Timeline
Everyone needs police certificates of all places where you have lived for mroe than 6 months since you were 16. It is in the instructions.

Oh my ..oh my....I'm panicking right now. I'm from canada, do I need to request a police clearance in Canada?

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes you need one. You can simply go to your local RCMP detachment and get one on the spot. No need to panic. It does have to be a country wide search and not simply a city search

Good luck.

Everyone needs police certificates of all places where you have lived for mroe than 6 months since you were 16. It is in the instructions.

Oh my ..oh my....I'm panicking right now. I'm from canada, do I need to request a police clearance in Canada?

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

The OP is already in the US - this is an AOS interview it seems --- he/she might need to go over the Out-of-Canada procedures to obtain an RCMP certificate.

Check the RCMP website.

Yes you need one. You can simply go to your local RCMP detachment and get one on the spot. No need to panic. It does have to be a country wide search and not simply a city search

Good luck.

Timeline

Good luck.

I'm here in USA, how can I request a police clearance in Canada? Local RCMP is only in Canada right?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You need police clearance for your home country for AOS? :unsure:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline
I told you - go to the RCMP website.

Other than RCMP....can I get a police clerance from police station in where I lived in Canada? I just went there last June 2008 to request my police clearance for employment purposes in Canada. Is this possible that I can ask for it and they will mail it to my Family back in Canada?

Edited by jhunjhun

Timeline
YOU DO NOT NEED A POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE WHEN YOU ARE DOING AOS. You only need this when going through a embasy or consulate.

Thanks to all for the replies ...very informative!

Edited by jhunjhun

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

NO police certificate is needed for AOS!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
YOU DO NOT NEED A POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE WHEN YOU ARE DOING AOS. You only need this when going through a embasy or consulate.
:thumbs: Ditto, I was wondering about all the incorrect the responses.

AOS from a K-Visa doe not use police certs, only needed for the visa interview at the consulate.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.