amoure

I am in AP, how long does it take???

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I was on my intervierw, november2008 and they told me everything is ok good luck in the us a few seconds later your name is common name we will check your name it will take 4-6 weeks but we are over 6 weeks also when your case number appear on the web page you will sent your passport with the green paper what they gave me at the embassy.

I am still waiting.Time is not passing for me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Unfortunately no one can tell you how long AP will last. I think the standard is to say 4-6 weeks, but in reality it can be longer.

Good luck (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

I am curious--did you have your interview in Ankara? Did they tell you because you had a common name?

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
I was on my intervierw, november2008 and they told me everything is ok good luck in the us a few seconds later your name is common name we will check your name it will take 4-6 weeks but we are over 6 weeks also when your case number appear on the web page you will sent your passport with the green paper what they gave me at the embassy.

Amoure - I am sorry to hear this. Both Sibel's husband and my fiance are in the same situation. They interviewed in Ankara for K3 and K1 visas, respectively, and were both put in AP for name check. Sibel and her husband have been waiting over 6 months and me and my fiance over 5 months for clearance. We visited the embassy last week while we were in Turkey and were told that AP is currently taking a minimum of 6 months. I don't tell you this to discourage you, but to give you a more realistic time frame. Unfortunately, there is no maximum time frame, but from what I've gathered it seems like 6-12 months is becoming the norm. That's not to say that there aren't exceptions to that, but it seems that fewer than 5-6 months is now uncommon.

PM me if you'd like to talk more!

Kendine iyi bak.

P.S. Please fill out your time line to help others/so others can better help you. Thanks! :)

Edited by JULIAFERNO

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Julia hi,

I am wishing you guys can get together very soon.. You'll be together eventually.. It is only a matter of time.. btw Sibel and I met in person in Istanbul last week. I was very happy to met her.

Our K-3 file hasn't been uploaded in the system of the embassy yet! It was forwarded to Ankara on the December 8th.. I talked to Sibel as well.. I won't wait for the package in the mail.. As soon as they put the file in the system, I'll send them all the documents.. I hope we won't have any problem at the interview. My husband is planning to come to the interview with me. We want to fly back to home together.. Cross your fingers for us please.. After I get the interview date I may ask a few questions to Onur about the medical examination..

I just wanted say all my prays and best wishes with you guys!

Bol sanslar!!!!

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Hello!

Certain countries the applicants get their visa's immediately or shortly after their interview via a courier without much delays. Men especially coming from certain countries have to endure more security checks than someone coming from a country like Greenland. The nationality of the applicant causes AP in a good bit of the cases. AP can also be to verify documents that are submitted and to verify the information that is on the application.

All applicants have to endure security checks before the visa is issued.

At the time of the interview fingerprints are scanned and checked in some cases the results are immediate. Then the names are run in many data bases besides the FBI and in some cases (the name checks are done prior to the interview (BUT NOT WITH THE T COUNTRIES). This is why some countries the visa's are issued quicker.

At the counselor stage three security checks are run on all applicants

1. Condor

2. Mantis

3. NCIC

If the applicant has technology, job or schooling that could be a threat to the USA their information is sent off for more security checks triggering AP.

You are in AP and nobody can tell u the exact time.It takes weeks,months and in some cases years.I can understand ur feelings coz my inter was on Nov 10th 2008 they also give me the AP sheet.My name is also common.They have to do tons of security checks.

All u can do is be patient and pray.

Best of Luck! :thumbs:

Edited by Sibtain

Timeline

Do I have the same risk? I am a Turkish female. I lived in the state for 3 years..I had tourist visa when I got there then changed it to student..I did not over stayed.. came back to my country before my student visa expires..

Hello!

Certain countries the applicants get their visa's immediately or shortly after their interview via a courier without much delays. Men especially coming from certain countries have to endure more security checks than someone coming from a country like Greenland. The nationality of the applicant causes AP in a good bit of the cases. AP can also be to verify documents that are submitted and to verify the information that is on the application.

All applicants have to endure security checks before the visa is issued.

At the time of the interview fingerprints are scanned and checked in some cases the results are immediate. Then the names are run in many data bases besides the FBI and in some cases (the name checks are done prior to the interview (BUT NOT WITH THE T COUNTRIES). This is why some countries the visa's are issued quicker.

At the counselor stage three security checks are run on all applicants

1. Condor

2. Mantis

3. NCIC

If the applicant has technology, job or schooling that could be a threat to the USA their information is sent off for more security checks triggering AP.

You are in AP and nobody can tell u the exact time.It takes weeks,months and in some cases years.I can understand ur feelings coz my inter was on Nov 10th 2008 they also give me the AP sheet.My name is also common.They have to do tons of security checks.

All u can do is be patient and pray.

Best of Luck! :thumbs:

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Take a look at the immigration timelines at the top of the page. There may be a stat for that.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

In this case they should put all people in AP just because they lived in the state.. It doesn't make sense to me.. We'll see... Thanks..

Yes it can be possible.They may put u in AP.They will check ur status when u was in US and why u was in US.

Timeline

Timeline
I am curious--did you have your interview in Ankara? Did they tell you because you had a common name?

Hello,

I was on my interview in Ankara,November2008.They told me we will check your name because you have common name i am still waiting i want to be with my wife as soon as possible time is not passing for me without her

Unfortunately no one can tell you how long AP will last. I think the standard is to say 4-6 weeks, but in reality it can be longer.

Good luck (F)

Thank you my brother.Did you have AP when you were waiting or are you still waiting?

Timeline

Amoure - I am sorry to hear this. Both Sibel's husband and my fiance are in the same situation. They interviewed in Ankara for K3 and K1 visas, respectively, and were both put in AP for name check. Sibel and her husband have been waiting over 6 months and me and my fiance over 5 months for clearance. We visited the embassy last week while we were in Turkey and were told that AP is currently taking a minimum of 6 months. I don't tell you this to discourage you, but to give you a more realistic time frame. Unfortunately, there is no maximum time frame, but from what I've gathered it seems like 6-12 months is becoming the norm. That's not to say that there aren't exceptions to that, but it seems that fewer than 5-6 months is now uncommon.

PM me if you'd like to talk more!

Kendine iyi bak.

P.S. Please fill out your time line to help others/so others can better help you. Thanks! :)

I am waiting i check embassy web page everyday also do you know will we have another health report if our AP is between 3 or 6 or over months

Tesekkurler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.