BePatience

JANUARY APPROVAL, Let's do NVC together

534 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
how long do they take to send our K3's to the embassy? How long do you have to wait for the packet 3 and the interview? Please let me know when you can schedule the interview. Thank you.

UPDATE:

I received another letter from NVC. The letter is similar to what I received yesterday except the letter date and USCIS receipt number.

Yesterday's letter had USCIS receipt number in barcode format whereas today's letter has USCIS number in english letters and numerals.

Still NVC has not generated DS3032. I wonder what's going on there? My petition was entered in the system on 8th Jan 2009. The operator as well as the AVR are providing me the standard reply of "allow 6 to 8 weeks for further notification".

Fellow Jan approved VJer, please let me know, if you were approved after 6th Jan 09 and your DS3032 has been generated?

Thanks.

Mahitab,

In average of 2 days NVC sends out your I-129f to respected consulate in your country once they assigned case number. For packet 3 dont wait for consulate to send you one. once you know that your file is at consulate just go ahead mailed packet 3 to consulate. You can print packet 3 from consulate website.

Oh, thanks. That is useful information to know. I got my case # last night at 10pm. But, I only got the I-130 case@ do I also need the I-129F case#?

Mahitab

AOS and IV fee shows as PAID. wohooooo.....

Congrats! :dance:

Yes, you will also need I-129f case number for your ref and to inquire about k3 at DOS 202-663-1225 option 1 and option 0

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
how long do they take to send our K3's to the embassy? How long do you have to wait for the packet 3 and the interview? Please let me know when you can schedule the interview. Thank you.

UPDATE:

I received another letter from NVC. The letter is similar to what I received yesterday except the letter date and USCIS receipt number.

Yesterday's letter had USCIS receipt number in barcode format whereas today's letter has USCIS number in english letters and numerals.

Still NVC has not generated DS3032. I wonder what's going on there? My petition was entered in the system on 8th Jan 2009. The operator as well as the AVR are providing me the standard reply of "allow 6 to 8 weeks for further notification".

Fellow Jan approved VJer, please let me know, if you were approved after 6th Jan 09 and your DS3032 has been generated?

Thanks.

Mahitab,

In average of 2 days NVC sends out your I-129f to respected consulate in your country once they assigned case number. For packet 3 dont wait for consulate to send you one. once you know that your file is at consulate just go ahead mailed packet 3 to consulate. You can print packet 3 from consulate website.

Oh, thanks. That is useful information to know. I got my case # last night at 10pm. But, I only got the I-130 case@ do I also need the I-129F case#?

Mahitab

Congrats! :dance:

Yes, you will also need I-129f case number for your ref and to inquire about k3 at DOS 202-663-1225 option 1 and option 0

Ok, thanks for the fast advice! You're really on top of this immigration stuff! :thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

waithater did u go to the 2 routes? I've seen that in your Timelines. So maybe we can do it also.

Yes, I am. Consulate received my packet 3 and now waiting for them to assigned interview date.

Wow, really hahh, that was fast, I am thinking of doing it too, the CR1 & K3 route. Were still waiting for the NVC update if they already forwarded the Packet 3 to our Embassy here. My husband will call them later to verify.

MARLO SY PARKER

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Waithatter you are on da ball. Hahaha

Please help me to jump ahead in line too since I am in the Navy I bet I get AP. Also, does Islamabad take the early Packet 3 like you all are doing? What are my options? How can I be sure I submit things correctly to prevent long AP?

Zain

waithater did u go to the 2 routes? I've seen that in your Timelines. So maybe we can do it also.

Yes, I am. Consulate received my packet 3 and now waiting for them to assigned interview date.

Wow, really hahh, that was fast, I am thinking of doing it too, the CR1 & K3 route. Were still waiting for the NVC update if they already forwarded the Packet 3 to our Embassy here. My husband will call them later to verify.

"We're pregnant!"

......... , . - . - , _ , .........

......... ) ` - . .> ' `( .......

........ / . . . .`\ . . \ ........

........ |. . . . . |. . .| ........

......... \ . . . ./ . ./ ..........

........... `=(\ /.=` ..........

............. `-;`.-' .............

............... `)| ... , .........

................ || _.-'| .........

............. ,_|| \_,/ ..........

....... , ..... \|| .' .............

....... |\ |\ ,. ||/ ..............

.... ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ............

..... '-...'-._..\||/ .............

......... >_.-`Y| ...............

.............. ,_|| ................

................ \|| ...............

................. || ...............

................. ||...............

Timeline
Waithatter you are on da ball. Hahaha

Please help me to jump ahead in line too since I am in the Navy I bet I get AP. Also, does Islamabad take the early Packet 3 like you all are doing? What are my options? How can I be sure I submit things correctly to prevent long AP?

Zain

Thanks! :)

You can send packet 3 as soon as you know that Islamabad have your I-129f, dont wait for them to send you packet 3. But meanwhile keep your packet 3 docs ready to be send so, when you find that your file reached islamabad you can send it asap.

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

DS-3032 still not generated yet. I had some witch of a lady answer me @ NVC. I was so nice to her too! She's probably like "figure it out ya foreigner...you called yesterday and it wasn't then" <_< Anyhoo...I'll give it a few days and call again on Monday....crossing my fingers! I want to get this ball rolling!!!

Just so I know, the AOS bill will be sent to my husband in the US and on that paper will be the IIN and we can pay online correct?

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Timeline
DS-3032 still not generated yet. I had some witch of a lady answer me @ NVC. I was so nice to her too! She's probably like "figure it out ya foreigner...you called yesterday and it wasn't then" <_< Anyhoo...I'll give it a few days and call again on Monday....crossing my fingers! I want to get this ball rolling!!!

Just so I know, the AOS bill will be sent to my husband in the US and on that paper will be the IIN and we can pay online correct?

Yup, Thats correct AOS bill will have IIN and send to petitioner.

FYI, NVC and all government offices are closed on monday due to presidents day holiday.

U.S. Passport

Hi Waithatter,

My K-3 case has been forwarded to our Consulate on january 12 . But If I like to go only with the I-130 ,What should I do now ? If I don't send back the packet 3 to the Consulate office ,would that be a problem ? I mean, Would that be a reason to be a delayed processing on my I-130 application ? Do I need to write to the Embassy about it or what ?

Please let me know if you know anything about it.

Thanks.

Savar

Your k3 route has nothing to do with your CR1 process. They are two different visas. so, if you only plan to pursue cr1 then just ignore the k3 documents you get from consulate. Remember one thing always keep your options open.

Dear Waithatter,

Thank you so much for your prompt answer ! I appreciate that . :thumbs:

CR-1/IR-1

01/07/2009....Received by NVC and assigned a case number

02/05/2009....Case Completed

02/18/2009...Medical Exam

02/20/2009...Interview letter received by Applicant

03/09/2009..1st interview,got 221g/blue slip

Additional processing (14 Days)

03/24/2009...Got the VISA!!!

04/01/2009 Port of Entry!!!!

04/23/2009 Received Green Card

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

FYI, NVC and all government offices are closed on monday due to presidents day holiday.

Well, they got my case# now for both cases my wife called me at her lunch break. So, where do I obtain the packet? Can you tell me one thing....what are the reasons one gets put on AP? Also, will I 100% SURE GET ap? aLSO, i NEED TO KNOW AFTER i SEND PACKET 3 WHEN WILL i GET INTERVIEW? dOES IT TAKE A LONG TIME?

"We're pregnant!"

......... , . - . - , _ , .........

......... ) ` - . .> ' `( .......

........ / . . . .`\ . . \ ........

........ |. . . . . |. . .| ........

......... \ . . . ./ . ./ ..........

........... `=(\ /.=` ..........

............. `-;`.-' .............

............... `)| ... , .........

................ || _.-'| .........

............. ,_|| \_,/ ..........

....... , ..... \|| .' .............

....... |\ |\ ,. ||/ ..............

.... ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ............

..... '-...'-._..\||/ .............

......... >_.-`Y| ...............

.............. ,_|| ................

................ \|| ...............

................. ||...............

Timeline

Well, they got my case# now for both cases my wife called me at her lunch break. So, where do I obtain the packet? Can you tell me one thing....what are the reasons one gets put on AP? Also, will I 100% SURE GET ap? aLSO, i NEED TO KNOW AFTER i SEND PACKET 3 WHEN WILL i GET INTERVIEW? dOES IT TAKE A LONG TIME?

you can get packet online from consulate/embassy website if they have one there otherwise you can go pick one up from consulate/embassy as well. Right after consulate/embassy enters your packet 3 into there system they will assign you interview date. To know your interview date I suggest you call them. I have no idea why they put people on AP, sorry :( and I am not sure if you will or will not get AP.

U.S. Passport

you can get packet online from consulate/embassy website if they have one there otherwise you can go pick one up from consulate/embassy as well. Right after consulate/embassy enters your packet 3 into there system they will assign you interview date. To know your interview date I suggest you call them. I have no idea why they put people on AP, sorry :( and I am not sure if you will or will not get AP.

Brother Zain, don't want to burst your bubble but...ummm yea you and Samir will most likely get the AP. :crying:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

UPDATE:

My DS3032 was generated yesterday (15-Jan-2009).

Although I called the NVC two times yesterday, I was not told that my DS3032 has been generated. I checked the AVR today morning, that's how I came to know that my DS3032 has been generated.

My wife sent the DS3032 via email and I submitted the DS3032 using USPS express mail today (16-Jan-2009). My wife had sent me DS3032 signed by her.

Now waiting for next phase ...

Timeline
UPDATE:

Although I called the NVC two times yesterday, I was not told that my DS3032 has been generated. I checked the AVR today morning, that's how I came to know that my DS3032 has been generated.

My wife sent the DS3032 via email and I submitted the DS3032 using USPS express mail today (16-Jan-2009). My wife had sent me DS3032 signed by her.

FINALLY!!! :thumbs:

U.S. Passport

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
UPDATE:

Thanks buddy.

I received one more letter from NVC about the I129F. This is exact same copy of what I have received yesterday but the only difference is the date of the letter. Has anyone received this letter from NVC notifying the peitioner that the case has been transfered to the consulate where the beneficiary resides?

I am planning to call NVC tonight and ask them the reason I am receiving these letter.

On a lighter note ... may be they are taking a revenge (by sending these letters to me) of me calling them numerous times a day. :rofl:

UPDATE:

Thanks buddy.

I received one more letter from NVC about the I129F. This is exact same copy of what I have received yesterday but the only difference is the date of the letter. Has anyone received this letter from NVC notifying the peitioner that the case has been transfered to the consulate where the beneficiary resides?

I am planning to call NVC tonight and ask them the reason I am receiving these letter.

On a lighter note ... may be they are taking a revenge (by sending these letters to me) of me calling them numerous times a day. :rofl:

That is great! Do you ever get the rude people on the line? I always get jerks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.