Amby

morris dancers face extinction

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Morris dancing could be "extinct" within 20 years because young people are too embarrassed to take part.

1466545.jpg

The Morris Ring, which represents 200 Morris troupes across Britain says the number of dancers is dwindling while their age is increasing.

Charlie Corcoran, Bagman of the Morris Ring, told the Daily Telegraph: "There's a distinct possibility that in 20 years' time there will be nobody left.

"It worries me a great deal. Young people are just too embarrassed to take part.

"This is a serious situation. The average age of Morris dancing sides is getting older and older. Once we've lost this part of our culture it will be almost impossible to revive it."

The Morris Ring is hoping a winter recruitment drive could attract some new younger members in time for the spring when most troupes perform the dances they have been practising.

Paul Reece, chairman of the Advisory Council of the Morris Ring, said: "There is still time for new blood to get ready for the Spring fertility offensive.

"But there is a serious danger that, in less than a few decades, Morris dancing will be confined to the history books.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3146418.html?menu=

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

whoa..i told my dad to quit that group..his knees are shot

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
One tradition that never made sense to me...

That and the costumes are a bit effete. Might as well cavort about in a court jester outfit.

Will they be missed ????

The folky stuff is still a fairly big part of English tradition in rural town and villages. I doubt that it will die out entirely.

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
One tradition that never made sense to me...

That and the costumes are a bit effete. Might as well cavort about in a court jester outfit.

Will they be missed ????

The folky stuff is still a fairly big part of English tradition in rural town and villages. I doubt that it will die out entirely.

There's supposed to be over 150 Morris dancing teams in the US.

So Paul, break your broomstick in half, grab your wife's nighty, and Bob's your uncle. :D

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The problem is that there isn't a Morris dancing team featured in the Archers...

I didn't think they did sex scenes in the Archers either, unless they've come up with a way of making sex on radio seem less ridiculous.