Robert / Oksana

Interview

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello to all,

I spoke with my lawyer recently (surprised she called me) when I suggested that I would be going, back over for the interview, she seemed appalled by the idea. Of course, I will probably go, at the request of my beautiful fiancee.

I would like to hear, from others who have gone to interview. Thank you.

10/28/2008 I-129 sent to VSC

10/30/2008 Received VSC

11/03/2008 NOA-1 per Attorney e-mail

11/03/2008 check cashed

9588.gif

My honey is going to try hard to make it for my interview, but work may not allow it. I think it goes a long way for you to be there. To me it shows the commitment you have to your fiancee. Good luck!

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

i'm going back for my interview too! if you have the time and the money i think it's the best way to go. not only does it show your commitment to the relationship, but it will also ease your fiancee's mind. i can't imagine many places in ukraine being as intimidating as the american embassy, especially if she is from a smaller town!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
i'm going back for my interview too! if you have the time and the money i think it's the best way to go. not only does it show your commitment to the relationship, but it will also ease your fiancee's mind. i can't imagine many places in ukraine being as intimidating as the american embassy, especially if she is from a smaller town!

Id you can go to the interview, it is the best thing you can do, for you and your S.O.

Timeline

sojori,

Thank you for your comment, is this what you plan to do?

10/30/2008 Received VSC

11/03/2008 check cashed

9588.gif

I've yet to hear of ANYONE who regreted going to the embassy interview. LOT that regret not going tho!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My honey is going to try hard to make it for my interview, but work may not allow it. I think it goes a long way for you to be there. To me it shows the commitment you have to your fiancee. Good luck!

I would say GO if you possibly can. I do not know why your lawyer would be "appalled" other than when you go and find out how easy it is, it will confirm the lagging suspicion you have that the lawyer was a big waste of time and money. The interview is simple and painless (in Kiev) and my fiancee even commented "Why didn't we just mail everything?" But she was a nervous wreck and really needed the "moral support" if nothing else. I think it also goes a long way to show thre is an "ongoing relationship", I mean we were asked for almost nothing do document our relationship and the "interview" was absolutely "No questions asked", just handing over the paperwork and original documents and saying "Welcome to the USA".

I went, I do not regret it, and I absolutely encourage anyone else who can to go.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks to eveyone who responed,I have heard good things about the process in Kiev.

I would say GO if you possibly can. I do not know why your lawyer would be "appalled" other than when you go and find out how easy it is, it will confirm the lagging suspicion you have that the lawyer was a big waste of time and money. The interview is simple and painless (in Kiev) and my fiancee even commented "Why didn't we just mail everything?" But she was a nervous wreck and really needed the "moral support" if nothing else. I think it also goes a long way to show thre is an "ongoing relationship", I mean we were asked for almost nothing do document our relationship and the "interview" was absolutely "No questions asked", just handing over the paperwork and original documents and saying "Welcome to the USA".

I went, I do not regret it, and I absolutely encourage anyone else who can to go.

10/30/2008 Received VSC

11/03/2008 check cashed

9588.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kiev is very picky on paperwork... however, if your paperwork is complete and organized then expect little if no difficulty... My wife went alone and was approved with NO questions.... The USC is not required to be present, but certainly can be there if for no other reason, as moral support for the applicant.... The most difficult thing about the interview process appears to be getting into the consulate (which is not hard if you understand you can "jump" the line and go directly to the guard to be let in)... everything else tends to be very anti-climatic.

YMMV

sojori,

Thank you for your comment, is this what you plan to do?

hi!

yes i'm definitely going to be there! for me, i feel better knowing that there are two of us double-checking everything rather than one...especially with all the paperwork, fees and i've heard stories about waiting in line at the embassy (even though you can jump the line). should we have to fix something on the paperwork, i wouldn't want him scrambling around by himself. every situation is different, depending on your fiance/ee's level of english and comfort in going alone. i think i get around kyiv better than my fiance does :) but that's just our particular situation! haha. plus, it's a good excuse for another visit to my future in-laws and my village where i taught english! good luck and keep us all updated!

-sarah

p.s. do you ukraine couples mind my asking where you're ukrainian counterparts are from? we're in the Kirovohrad Oblast (central Ukraine)!

Edited by sajori

I will also be going to Kiev for the interview. I will stay for couple of weeks and if all goes well. We will fly back to states together, she really does not like to fly.

She is from Rivne in western Ukraine.

8/22/08 I-129F sent to VSC

8/23/08 I-129F arrived at VSC

8/25/08 NOA1

1/21/09 NOA2

2/11/09 Medical Passed!!

2/23/09 Interview Passed!!

3/2/09 Visa Recieved!!

3/7/09 Arrive in U.S.A!!!

5/3/09 Married!!!!!!!

I will also be going to Kiev for the interview. I will stay for couple of weeks and if all goes well. We will fly back to states together, she really does not like to fly.

She is from Rivne in western Ukraine.

Rivne is beautiful! (I had a friend who worked about 30 minutes from there!) I love the castle in the middle of the road!

I am leaving Thursday to attend the interview in Kiev on the 12th. We plan to spend two weeks, and although our plans during that time seem to change frequently, Vika will fly back with me on the 24th.

Vika is from Kherson

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Brad and Vika, my husband and I are originally both from Kherson!!!

Robert, at the time my then fiance went to his interview, I didn't come. He was the only guy coming on a finace visa at the time, and the only one without a US fiancee being present. Even though we had paperwork going back 9 years, he was asked many more questions than the other fiancees, and his onterview was 15-20 min vs. the other peoples' 5-10..All the paperwork was in order.

I can just say that it would not hurt :) And could possibly help!!

Good luck to all those with upcoming interviews!

Shortened timeline:
Oct 18, 2003 - 129F Package sent to VSC
Feb 18, 2004, 4PM Eastern Europian time - VISA IN HAND smile.png))
-------------------------------
JUNE 25, 2004 - We are MARRIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-------------------------------
01/19/05 - I-485 approved. CPR status granted!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------------
Jan 2007 - AOS - Permanent GC Holder
----------------------------------
March 24, 08 - NOA for naturalization
April 08, 08 - Biometrics
November 18, 2008 - Interview Notice for December 17, 08
December 17, 08 - Interview passed
January 14, 2009 - Oath

-------------------------

Jan 29, 2014 - NSC - NOA-1 - I-130 for husband's mom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.