Ravens52

How we met...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
So far, while dealing with anything visa-related, I've learned that the truth doesn't really get you far, if anywhere at all.

That's just my humble opinion and the experience I have backs me up on this one.

*shrug*

Because it is right and fair to everyone else to be honest, and lies are not fair and in fact screw over those who are honest, like we have been, I will only tell the truth.

However, I'm still stupid enough to believe that if I keep telling the truth, the things will eventually start working out. We'll see how stupid, in the end, I'll end up being.

What's up with your situation?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My cousin introduced us. It didn't come up during the interview.

That's not enough information to be meaningful to this kind of discussion really but the USC's cousin introducing the couple is far less suspect than the foreigner's family member providing the introduction unless the USC is Naturalized and introducing a native of the home country.

Meeting through family is red flag when it can appear to be arranged tofraudulently secure an immigration benefit, from a country where such fraudulent arrangements are common. If the circumstances don't paint that picture or don't involve such a country, they tend to be meaningless.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It seems that is more of a negative when it is involving a "high fraud" country.

I don't mean to derail this thread but what are high fraud countries??

This board and site has already for the very short time I have been on it proved to be an invaluable resource.

Thanks!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
What's up with your situation?

Not much, when it comes to our K1, as it's been approved so far (USCIS stage), and then just stuck at NVC.

What I mentioned above is referring to my any and all dealing with the USEM, mostly B2-related. Long story short (the long ones are somewhere on the forum) - I've even had the last CO I talked to TELL ME that being honest isn't always the best way to go about things.

So go figure.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

It seems that is more of a negative when it is involving a "high fraud" country.

I don't mean to derail this thread but what are high fraud countries??

This board and site has already for the very short time I have been on it proved to be an invaluable resource.

Thanks!!

Don't worry, it's not Canada. Some countries that come to mind are China, Vietnam, PI, perhaps India, and some Middle Eastern countries.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
I have heard that meeting someone through a family member or friend could be frowned upon and I'm wondering if the way my fiance and I met could hurt our chances. My dad moved to England years ago and became friends with my fiance, well my dad moved back to the states and my fiance came to visit him here and that's when I first met him. Will that be looked down upon? I'm thinking it really shouldn't matter but I've heard otherwise and now I'm a little concerned. Any thoughts?

My cousin is American and his wife from England. They met up through a family member and did a K-1 without any issues.

-Shane

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

the way my fiance and I met could hurt our chances?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :blink:

that's what i wrote to the USCIS telling how we met...

check out

I’ve met my fiancé in June 2006 while he was visiting for his cousin’s wedding and days before it, a friend of ours introduced me to him. Since the 29th of June of that year, we have been together and my fiancé has been coming here plenty of times to visit me. On August 9th 2007 he asked me to marry him and I’ve said yes. The last trip that he made to Brazil was in the 29th of February 2008, and stayed until the 10th of March. We always keep in touch through the internet and we’re just waiting for this process to be approved so we can be together as a married couple.

they can denied my case for that!?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

that's what i wrote to the USCIS telling how we met...

check out

I’ve met my fiancé in June 2006 while he was visiting for his cousin’s wedding and days before it, a friend of ours introduced me to him. Since the 29th of June of that year, we have been together and my fiancé has been coming here plenty of times to visit me. On August 9th 2007 he asked me to marry him and I’ve said yes. The last trip that he made to Brazil was in the 29th of February 2008, and stayed until the 10th of March. We always keep in touch through the internet and we’re just waiting for this process to be approved so we can be together as a married couple.

they can denied my case for that!?

Cases are not denied based on how people meet. When it appears a family member has arranged the relationship in order to commit visa fraud through a fraudulent marriage to a US Citizen, the bona fides receive more scrutiny. If a denial occurs it's for lack of a bona fide relationship. Your situations appears to be an "in-person" first meeting, not an arrangement from abroad.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.