ninzie

weird question but i need help

13 posts in this topic

i received an email from uscis that my card has been ordered but today the immigration people came to our house to look for me and my husband but were both at work so my mom was the one who talked to them, isnt it kinda weird for them to check up on us when they approved us already?

i received an email from uscis that my card has been ordered but today the immigration people came to our house to look for me and my husband but were both at work so my mom was the one who talked to them, isnt it kinda weird for them to check up on us when they approved us already?

They do that sometimes i guess just checking if you are really in same house together.don't worry you should be fine :yes:

That seems strange.

Did they say what they were looking for? What questions they were asking?

You're never beaten until you admit it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Very odd indeed. I'd like some follow-up on this. Is this common???

Our AOS Timeline

06/16/07 -- Our Wedding

06/26/07 -- AOS sent by attorney

07/02/07 -- Receipt of Documents by USCIS

08/01/07 -- Biometrics Completed

08/05/07 -- "Touched"

09/07/07 -- EAD Card Production Ordered!

01/29/08 -- AOS Interview - APPROVED!! [Verbally]

02/06/08 -- Welcome EMail Received

02/11/08 -- Card Production Ordered

02/19/08 -- Card Received!

Our ROC Timeline

11/05/09 -- Initial meeting with attorney to file Removal of Conditions

11/11/09 -- ROC sent by attorney

01/05/10 -- Biometrics Completed

02/16/10 -- Approval

Citizenship

06/13/11 -- N-400 sent by attorney.

06/24/11 -- NOA

07/15/11 -- Biometrics Completed

08/25/11 -- Interview APPROVED

08/31/11 -- Oath Taken! Now a US Citizen!

Passport

09/06/11 -- Passport Application submitted.

09/21/11 -- Passport Book Received!

09/23/11 -- Passport Card and Certificate of Naturalization received.

09/25/11 -- Life after USCIS begins.

av-37579.gif

Be me a little...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, very strange. I have never heard of them doing that at this stage of the process. Please let us know when you receive your card - I am sure your mother gave a positive report!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

yeah it was weird.. i wasnt home so i didn't see or talk to them at all.. i just dont know if they will come back after that because me and my husband work almost everyday and were never home. but my mom said that they didnt ask to come inside and look at the house at all, they just asked if me and my husband were home and asked my mom who she is.. thats all. im starting to worry now coz dont they usually visit those couples that they think are fake?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
yeah it was weird.. i wasnt home so i didn't see or talk to them at all.. i just dont know if they will come back after that because me and my husband work almost everyday and were never home. but my mom said that they didnt ask to come inside and look at the house at all, they just asked if me and my husband were home and asked my mom who she is.. thats all. im starting to worry now coz dont they usually visit those couples that they think are fake?

I wouldn't worry too much. Yes, it is unusual, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were also random. It also could be something that USCIS is attempting to do to improve its utilization of resources. Did your mother describe what they were wearing (as in uniforms)? Who exactly did they say they were? As in Agency.

Our AOS Timeline

06/16/07 -- Our Wedding

06/26/07 -- AOS sent by attorney

07/02/07 -- Receipt of Documents by USCIS

08/01/07 -- Biometrics Completed

08/05/07 -- "Touched"

09/07/07 -- EAD Card Production Ordered!

01/29/08 -- AOS Interview - APPROVED!! [Verbally]

02/06/08 -- Welcome EMail Received

02/11/08 -- Card Production Ordered

02/19/08 -- Card Received!

Our ROC Timeline

11/05/09 -- Initial meeting with attorney to file Removal of Conditions

11/11/09 -- ROC sent by attorney

01/05/10 -- Biometrics Completed

02/16/10 -- Approval

Citizenship

06/13/11 -- N-400 sent by attorney.

06/24/11 -- NOA

07/15/11 -- Biometrics Completed

08/25/11 -- Interview APPROVED

08/31/11 -- Oath Taken! Now a US Citizen!

Passport

09/06/11 -- Passport Application submitted.

09/21/11 -- Passport Book Received!

09/23/11 -- Passport Card and Certificate of Naturalization received.

09/25/11 -- Life after USCIS begins.

av-37579.gif

Be me a little...

........dont they usually visit those couples that they think are fake?

That's right. But they visited you after you got approved. That's the odd thing.

You're never beaten until you admit it.

I wouldn't worry too much. Yes, it is unusual, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were also random. It also could be something that USCIS is attempting to do to improve its utilization of resources. Did your mother describe what they were wearing (as in uniforms)? Who exactly did they say they were? As in Agency.

hmm she said the girl was wearing a skirt and the guys were wearing normal clothes.. im thinking that maybe they arent aware that im approved already or maybe its a different department..i dont know i dont want to worry that they may cancel my GC.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Ninzie,

Wow, this sure is an unusual situation, indeed! Are you sure they were actually USCIS officials, and not some other officials from other government agencies? Are you sure it's not some con-people pretending to be USCIS officials when they are not? Did they show any offical ID proving that they are actually who they say the are? Is this some sort of "New Year's Joke" or something? I wonder why they would make "house calls" to applicants now? Has anybody else had this experience? Oh the mysteries of the USCIS...

On the other hand, I think it might not be such a bad idea that they visit applicants' houses. After all, we paid them the money to do the job, so why not make them work for it by "letting them come to us, instead of we going to them"? That would definitely save a trip to the "local" field office for an interview (especially to those whose local offices are farther away), as they can see by first-hand

in-person experience, if the case is a fraud or not. And who knows, maybe with "house calls" they can actually approve cases faster....

Lol..oh it would definitely be quite funny if the USCIS came to my house (lol..that is if they can find it in "the middle of nowhere in a small rural town, amongst the cows and the deer")!

Anyways, congratulations on your recent approval. And hopefully by them visiting you, it shouldn't cause any more problems either, as weird as this situation may be....

Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too!

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC, Still waiting for Baby...)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Ant, thats a good point. Did they show any offical ID???

I receive tons of calls from friends joking that they are from Immigration all the time :-) that I will suspect in any guys coming to my home without the proper ID.

Please let us know any news in you case.

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Ant, thats a good point. Did they show any offical ID???

I receive tons of calls from friends joking that they are from Immigration all the time :-) that I will suspect in any guys coming to my home without the proper ID.

Please let us know any news in you case.

yeah they did show their ID. thats weird because i already got my GC from the mail.. and another email from the immigration about an approval notice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.