Mich3

I751 Filing

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Everybody,

I sent off my I751 package last week. Does anybody know how long it takes to get your biometrics appointment at you local service center? AND..............how long is it taking getting the green card renewed through the California Service Center? I looked at processing times on the USCIS website and it saying 6 months!!!!! AND THEN ON THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS IT WANTS YOU TO FILE WITHIN 90 DAYS BEFORE YOUR GREEN CARD EXPIRES!!! Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks a bunch

Michelle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should receive the biometrics appointment letter about a month after the NOA. Yes, California is taking approximatley 6 months to approve I-751s. You can check the CSC status list in this forum for exact dates for those who have also applied and received their cards. (Just be glad you didn't have to file to VSC and its average 11 month wait!).

Don't worry if your green card expires before the 10 year card is approved. You will receive an NOA receipt letter that will extend the validity of your green card for one year. You carry the letter and the green card together.

I guess they thought it would only take 90 days to process the things when the legislation was enacted and they have never gone back to fix it.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You should receive the biometrics appointment letter about a month after the NOA. Yes, California is taking approximatley 6 months to approve I-751s. You can check the CSC status list in this forum for exact dates for those who have also applied and received their cards. (Just be glad you didn't have to file to VSC and its average 11 month wait!).

Don't worry if your green card expires before the 10 year card is approved. You will receive an NOA receipt letter that will extend the validity of your green card for one year. You carry the letter and the green card together.

I guess they thought it would only take 90 days to process the things when the legislation was enacted and they have never gone back to fix it.

Good luck.

Thanks Kathryn, I was getting a little worried about what I would do if my green card expired and I couldn't travel. So they will send me a letter extending it till my application has been approved?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hello Everybody,

I sent off my I751 package last week. Does anybody know how long it takes to get your biometrics appointment at you local service center? AND..............how long is it taking getting the green card renewed through the California Service Center? I looked at processing times on the USCIS website and it saying 6 months!!!!! AND THEN ON THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS IT WANTS YOU TO FILE WITHIN 90 DAYS BEFORE YOUR GREEN CARD EXPIRES!!! Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Thanks a bunch

Michelle

1,5 month after I applied I had the biometrics appointment,

I have been waiting for 4,5 months since I applied, no news and no touches yet.

Some get their cards in 3 months.

I think the people working for immigration put that '6 months' as a way to prevent you from asking questions about your case. They will say you are still in the processing time limits.

Good luck.

Yes but you can not tell me it is easy to carry a folder along with your expired card.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I haven't received my green card yet but it should be here soon. It took me about 3 months from when I mailed it in until I got the approval letter. If you read in my signature below you will see the time line.

FYI, I went through CSC for my AOS and for my removal of conditions. I was one of the lucky ones because I didn't have to have an interview for either of them.

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Good luck.

That was about what Claudeth's timeline was for lifting conditions.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.