Psycholady

What is the likelihood of me getting a permanent Green Card?

3 posts in this topic

I just received my Green Card Interview letter today and it says that my appointment is Feb 23rd. My 2nd wedding anniversary is April 5th. I heard that you get your permanent Green Card if you've been married for 2 years.

Do you think if I talk to them at the interview they would give me the permanent card instead of the conditional one?

It's kind of annoying that we sent of the Adjustment of Status late October and expected it to take 6 months like everyone else. But it feels like they've purposely rushed ours so that our interview was just before our second anniversary just so they can get us to pay extra money for the Lifting of Conditions!

If you are approved at the interview, you will get a 2 yr GC. People have been approved 10 days before their 2 yr anniversary and have gotten a 2 yr GC. You are 6 weeks before, so you will definitely get a 2yr.

I'm not suggesting this, but here's an idea. If you "forgot" to bring a document to the interview, they would probably give you an RFE and up to 45 or 60 days (I think) to respond to it. If you sent it in late March, there's a chance it would be approved after your anniversary and you'd get a 10yr GC.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}