kirstg

Vermont picking up the pace????

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi All

So, i have been keeping a close eye on the approvals for K3 visa's from Vermont and they really seem to be picking up the pace. I havent seen approvals on a monday for a long time and there seems to be a few. Also those approvals seem to back up the assumptions that they are going by i-130 NOA1 dates and not I-129F dates. All the past approvals seem to have i-130 NOA1's from late March, April and even may!! Hopefully this is good news for some of us who filed there i-130 much earlier than there

i-129f. I filled my i-130 in May and my i-129f only in august. hopefully that means an approval sometime soon.

Anyone else got and NOA1 for their i-130 from May??? Any more approved that havent posted???

Please give me some more hope!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone and hopfully 2009 will see speedy approvals for us all.

Good luck

Kirst

:star::star::star::star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

There has been a standalone I-130 approval for someone with NOA1 in May but no K3s as far as I know. Going by the I-130 dates alone, VSC still seems to be working on March NOA1 cases (they approved just one from April yesterday). I sure do hope they pick up the pace because the difference in processing times is too glaring (CSC vs. VSC, K1 vs. K3, IR-1/CR-1 vs. K3 - in each case VSC K3 processing is behind sometimes by several months). A friend of mine who filed K1 at VSC a month or two later than me just got his approval and it sucks that I probably won't hear anything for another 4-5 months.

Deepak

Hi All

So, i have been keeping a close eye on the approvals for K3 visa's from Vermont and they really seem to be picking up the pace. I havent seen approvals on a monday for a long time and there seems to be a few. Also those approvals seem to back up the assumptions that they are going by i-130 NOA1 dates and not I-129F dates. All the past approvals seem to have i-130 NOA1's from late March, April and even may!! Hopefully this is good news for some of us who filed there i-130 much earlier than there

i-129f. I filled my i-130 in May and my i-129f only in august. hopefully that means an approval sometime soon.

Anyone else got and NOA1 for their i-130 from May??? Any more approved that havent posted???

Please give me some more hope!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone and hopfully 2009 will see speedy approvals for us all.

Good luck

Kirst

:star::star::star::star:

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Timeline
Hopefully this is good news for some of us who filed there i-130 much earlier than there

I just saw a post from another April filer who was approved yesterday. There is good news in it for you kirstg. They also filed their I-129F in August and that did not make a difference. Seems that they go by the I-130 NOA1 date only. If they keep up the same pace into the New Year you should get your approval sometime in January.

Deepak

09/24/09 - AOS interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

aaww man that would be incredible!! feels like i have been waiting for ever!!!

lets hope they pull their finger out now and start processing them quickly - get rid of the so called "backlog" so we can all be with our loved ones again!!

Hows your journey going Deepak?? as frustrating as mine? i understand what it feels like seeing people who applied the same time as you or even after you and have been approved! Have you seen all the K1's that have been approved!!! aarrggg its very frustrating. people who filed in september for their k1's have already been approved! how wrong is that!

well lets just hope there is good news on the horizon for us all.

Thanks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I really hope this is the case (VSC moving ahead with NOA1 for I-130's). We know we still have some wait time but both my hubby & I have been very disillusioned with the K3 process for awhile now.

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I think Jan. will be a very good month for alot of us. Supposedly, VSC sent more cases to CSC to reduce the godforsaken backlog, maybe it actually WILL make a difference.

come the F on, VSC!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
I think Jan. will be a very good month for alot of us. Supposedly, VSC sent more cases to CSC to reduce the godforsaken backlog, maybe it actually WILL make a difference.

come the F on, VSC!

Life is all about hope...I became extremely greedy when I saw one of the june filers getting their approvals for both petitions...its hard to believe for the april filers, but it obviously gives june filers with some hope.....however, I have seen approvals within 6 months time period and like lisa and others from april who have been waiting for more than 9 months...but, I don't want to be a of left outs....wish all us get approval really quickly......

Timeline

Granted VSC approved more K3s in December compared to the previous few months but I still don't think there is any reason to cheer for us who filed in summer/fall 08. If you take a look at the number of cases filed each month and the number approved (just going by the timeline data on VJ), you will see what the reason for the huge backlog is. When it comes to K1, VSC seems to approve about the same number of cases each month as it receives (assuming the VJ data is a proportionate sample of the total number of cases out there - it may not be totally accurate for approval data because some people forget to update their timelines after approval). But look at K3 - Feb alone had 62 cases filed, March had 48 and the rest of the months roughly 30 each. VSC has approved a whopping 10-15 cases each month for the last 5-6 months. Just in December they picked up the speed and approved close to 30. But what does that mean when it comes to reducing the backlog ? Even if they keep up the same pace, it could still be a long wait for those of us that filed in summer/fall 08. I just hope that with the transferred standalone I-130s out of the way they have the resources to approve 2 months worth of applications in each month starting Jan 09.

Deepak

Edited by RooDee

09/24/09 - AOS interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

come the F on, VSC!

Life is all about hope...I became extremely greedy when I saw one of the june filers getting their approvals for both petitions...its hard to believe for the april filers, but it obviously gives june filers with some hope.....however, I have seen approvals within 6 months time period and like lisa and others from april who have been waiting for more than 9 months...but, I don't want to be a of left outs....wish all us get approval really quickly......

I don't need a approval...I am not greedy...I am not wishful...I made mistake by hoping.....lol......VSC sucksss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

Well I am an May Filer too. I started in April but first one got returned due to a check of $10 to much

also receipt was lost so only touch we had was a copy receipt send in October, we are still waiting

due to lost I-130 our I-129f is dated in August so i don't know what to think.

Hoping to hear something soon

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.