gil-n-joy

How to bring my mother and sister to attend wedding?

6 posts in this topic

My bf and I are optimistic about the processing of my visa so I can be with him soon.. And while waiting for final word of approval we are preparing the details of our wedding..

My question is, How do I bring my mother and sister to attend my wedding with only few months left after my visa is approved? I really want my family to be there on this special day. Based on my research, they can use the tourist visa for the purpose of visiting for the wedding. But I'm worried that the burden to prove ties in Phils might be difficult?

Has anybody here been through a similar situation and done this? What are are your experiences?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My bf and I are optimistic about the processing of my visa so I can be with him soon.. And while waiting for final word of approval we are preparing the details of our wedding..

My question is, How do I bring my mother and sister to attend my wedding with only few months left after my visa is approved? I really want my family to be there on this special day. Based on my research, they can use the tourist visa for the purpose of visiting for the wedding. But I'm worried that the burden to prove ties in Phils might be difficult?

Has anybody here been through a similar situation and done this? What are are your experiences?

It's going to depend on their assets and ties to the PI that would convince a Consular Officer they will return. In general, when planning to immigrate from most non-VWP countries, its best to go the spouse visa route if you want the immigrant's family at the wedding. What many do is travel back a few months later for a party or ceremony for family and friends. Something similar can be accomplished before leaving as well, just as long as it doesn't involve actually marrying.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The only visa they can get at this point is a tourist visa and hope for the best. They have a 50/50 chance of getting it but it's worth a try.

Good luck!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

The only visa they can get at this point is a tourist visa and hope for the best. They have a 50/50 chance of getting it but it's worth a try.

Good luck!

Diana

How long does processing of tourist visa take for circumstances like this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, they will be processed for a tourist visa in the same fashion as all other tourist visa petitioners. So yes, check with the US embassy in Manila for more info on how to get started.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.