w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Pakistan moves army closer to Indian border, builds new bunkers

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

CHANDIGARH: Pakistan has stepped up its war moves by cancelling all military leave, sharply increasing deployment of its troops along the border adjoining Punjab and Jammu, and building new bunkers along the border near Barmer, Jaisalmer and Ganganagar.

Highly placed sources said Pakistan has shifted its 4 Corps, an important strike arm, to Lahore, just 25 km from Attari. Its 10th brigade, consisting of around 5,000 personnel, has further been moved to forward areas along Punjab. Similarly its 3rd Armoured Brigade has been moved towards Jhelum.

At the same time, the Pakistan army was making war preparations with old bunkers on the borders being renovated and new ones being constructed. "The new bunkers are being constructed mostly along the borders near Barmer, Jaisalmer and Ganganagar and construction materials can also be seen at several places," said intelligence sources.

Sources revealed that Pakistan army has deployed its 10th Division at Ichogul Canal border area near Jammu and its 11th Division in the Tilla firing range, again bordering Punjab. These troops, said Indian Army sources on Friday, are around 10 km behind the international border. As per the Geneva Convention, no country can deploy its troops in such heavy numbers within 3-4 km of the international border unless war is declared formally. They can, however, conduct routine patrolling along the border.

With such heavy deployment of troops by Pakistan, Punjab has emerged as a vulnerable state as it shares a 553 km border with Pakistan. Further, sources said Punjab is strategically very important for Pakistan as the formation of its army is extremely strong in this area.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Pak_mov...how/3898352.cms

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

NATO goods’ terminals being shifted to Punjab

Friday, 26 Dec, PESHAWAR: The companies ferrying military hardware and other goods to NATO and US forces in Afghanistan have started shifting their logistic terminals to Punjab after recent series of attacks in Peshawar and prevailing insecurity in the region, sources say. Private parties transporting supplies for the US and NATO forces from Karachi to Kabul and Bagram airbase via Torkham border town since 2003 have rented plots at Tarnol and Burhan towns in Attock district across river Kabul for establishing terminals and parking facilities. After a spate of attacks on terminals and parking areas established along the provincial capital’s Ring Road early this month government had deployed police and paramilitary forces to prevent militants’ attacks on these facilities. (Posted @ 15:56 PST)

Two weeks ago, for example, Pakistani officials went out of their way to play down what they said were two incursions by Indian warplanes into Pakistani airspace, calling them inadvertent in public even though some privately said the incursions were likely a test or a provocation. Their response to the airspace violations — which the Indian military denied — won praise from United States leaders.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/27/world/asia/27pstan.html

U.S. intelligence and military officials were still trying to determine if the reported troop movements were true, and, if so, what Pakistan's intent may be. And they cautioned that the reports may be exaggerated, aimed more at delivering a message than dispatching forces.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081226/ap_on_..._pe/us_pakistan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well yah, India spewing alot of rhetoric and flying planes. Seems again thier intelligence fails.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Well yah, India spewing alot of rhetoric and flying planes. Seems again thier intelligence fails.
:bonk: Since Pakistan spews anti-India rhetoric cent-percent of time, you expect India to remain silent?

Also, the so-called violations are Pakistan's fabricated response to having lost (catastrophically) their case about 1999 Atlantique Incident.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think India would kick Pakistan's azz real good.

I don't share your optimism.

pakistan probably has their tech support in india too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Goooo India!!!!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The chief of Interpol stated that India has not provided enough evidence in the Mubai attacks, he also stated that Pakistan itself is suffering from Terroists attacks and battleing it also on thier own ground.

Seems to me there are other factors at work here. Not so black and white.

Pakistan has been and is suffering also.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905