mrsjeffs

Really need some answers .................

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My cousin met his now wife in high school 12 years ago. She has lived in the US since she was 2 years old she is now 25 yrs old he always knew she was illegal. He asked me about the process of making her legal and i told him the most important thing was the I94. She asked her mom for it and her mom told her that they drove here from canada and because she was that age there is no record of her entering the the US.

His main worry is that they are gonna ask her to leave the country, they have 2 children together and he is the only one with income so its really hard for him right now.

All answers will be greatly appreciated........:cheerful::cheerful:

07.28.07---------- Met Mr Jeffs

07.28.08 --------- Married Mr Jeffs

11.13.08 --------- Mailed AOS to Chicago

12.01.08 --------- Checks Cashed

12.08.08 --------- Received NOA1

12.11.08 --------- Received Biometrics

12.12.08 --------- Bio done

03.27.09 --------- Received EAD and AP

04.07.09 --------- Received Interview Letter

05.19.09 --------- Interview

05.21.09 --------- Card Production Ordered

05.26.09 --------- Welcome Letter Received

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS .

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think she should seek a lawyer in this case..I think there is something that protects children that came here illegally..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Kimmy, I think so too, but mi caan membah.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Definatly consult a competant attorney on this issue.

9137.gif

AOS Timeline

11/18/08 - I-130 Package sent

11/20/08 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12/01/08 - Money Order Cashed

12/05/08 - Received all 3 NOA's dated November 28th

12/10/08 - Touched

12/11/08 - Received Biometrics appointment dated 12/05/08

12/19/08 - Biometrics Appointment (Completed!)

12/19/08 - Touched

12/22/08 - Touched

01/22/09 - EAD Card Production Ordered!

01/29/09 - 2nd Email for EAD Card prodcution

02/02/09 - EAD Arrives in the mail (Yay!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If she entered the U.S. legally and can get a record of her I-94, then she can adjust her status in the country. If she entered illegally, she will most likely have to leave the country to attempt to AOS (and will need to file an I-601 waiver) unless she qualifies for 245i, or qualifies for some other rare benefit.

She needs to check out immigrate2us.net.

There are tons of people on that site who are in similar situations and many know what they are doing.

Also, there is no "amnesty" for children. If a child enteres illegally, does not leave the U.S. at all, and then leaves before he/she is 18.5 years old, then he/she can apply for a visa to re-enter the U.S. in the future without a waiver. Otherwise, if the child stays past 18.5 years, he/she is subject to time bans. In this woman's case, she is already 25.

Edited by gatita

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

See a lawyer. The situation is complicated by the fact that Canadians don't get I-94s when they enter the US as visitors and the US-Canadian border was much more lax 23 years ago. She would have entered legally as a visitor but overstayed the reasonable period of a visit, although she was a minor at the time. It may be as simple as applying to adjust status and the overstay being forgiven but that is up to a lawyer to determine and advise. Tell her not to leave the country in the meantime and seek legal council asap.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.