spookyturtle

Banks not disclosing where bailout money is going...

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This isn't rocket science.

"We manage our capital in its aggregate," said Regions Financial Corp. spokesman Tim Deighton, who said the Birmingham, Ala.-based company is not tracking how it is spending the $3.5 billion it received as part of the financial bailout.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

This isn't rocket science.

"We manage our capital in its aggregate," said Regions Financial Corp. spokesman Tim Deighton, who said the Birmingham, Ala.-based company is not tracking how it is spending the $3.5 billion it received as part of the financial bailout.

So you support the Detroit bailout?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

spooky, we've talked about this plenty of times already. i value the financial industry higher than the auto industry. if that rubs you the wrong way, tough #######. but this isn't anything you don't already know.

so at this point you're just baiting.

here's something i said in the past. i still stand by it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit die but I think the descent has to be managed. The shock needs to be spread out over time.

spooky, we've talked about this plenty of times already. i value the financial industry higher than the auto industry. if that rubs you the wrong way, tough #######. but this isn't anything you don't already know.

so at this point you're just baiting.

here's something i said in the past. i still stand by it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit die but I think the descent has to be managed. The shock needs to be spread out over time.

No need to get your panties in a wad. I am just curious as to why one wouldn't care where hundreds of billions went, but take a hard line on a much smaller amount. And Detroit will also be under much greater scrutiny than the financial bailout. You seem to have a strong preference for Wall Street, that's all and it comes across as a bit hypocritical. It's not a personal thing, I'm curious. If that rubs you the wrong way, tough #######.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Take one look at the local economies Wall Street has fostered and the local economies Detroit has.

Compare the prosperity and the huge middle class created by Wall Street in the NYC tristate area to the economic doldrums in which the parasitic UAW has had the upper midwest for decades.

Detroit CEO's should be compensated with termination; and zero "parachute" compensation for running their companies into the ground.

Edited by William33