andreea

MY FRIENDS, PLS HELP! I FEEL IN A NOIR COMEDY

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

oh, we r in big trouble. seems the AVG doesnt recognize my husband's cell phone. he said he had this problem before. when they ask press key 1, for example, he does, and system doesnt take it. for a phone he pays 200$ every month, thats just not cool. he doesnt have a landline home, and cant make long distance phone calls from work. for USCIS he was calling from work landline, but was a 1-800 number.

did anyone have a similar problem? he has coleagues who offered their phones to call, but not only that is long distance and u r on hold for a while, but is a number he'll have to call too often for this to be a good solution. does anyone know if there r phone cards or somth u can use on any landline, and to charge from the card and not from the landline? I cant believe we r out of VSC and a freakin phone is in our way. I just cant believe. is such a stupi situation that I dont know if to laugh or to cry about it.

if SraCastillo didnt get any news yet, I think is fair to think our file isnt there yet either, because we had approval same day at VSC. so we didnt slow ourselves because of phone yet, but we have to find a solution ASAP!

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. But if you're asking if there are calling cards available for people to use no matter where they're at? Yes, there's a ton of phone cards sold at different convenience stores, grocery stores and online, it's just a matter of entering the phrase "calling cards" in Google and you'll get a lot of options to choose from.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

I am talking about a card with a code.then on a landline u dial that code before dialing the number where u call, and it wont charge the landline, will charge fom the card. i asked this because he could use it to call from lab landline. he went to convenience store and the grocery store in his area, and he didnt find phone cards like this for long distance in USA phonecalls. he only found phone cards with specific offers (for international phonecalls, for a specific country). i know all this sounds dumb, i couldnt believe my ears when he told me. not to mention the area there isnt rich in options,as in an institute complex at 40 mins to DC. thats why he doesnt have landline home either. is institute housing, and they didnt instal landlines in residential buildings. he didnt bother to get a home phone because well move from there when ill (hopefuly) arrive

NVC process:

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

I129F

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Tell him to go to walmart or walgreens..they have us to us long distance cards

he can dial the 800# on the card, then enter the code then make his call...it will be toll free from his landline

i hope that helps :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

he can dial the 800# on the card, then enter the code then make his call...it will be toll free from his landline

Y habibitk is correct. Go to Walgreens or better yet Wal-Mart, both stores have a nice selection of calling cards and are reasonalby priced.

He can get a card for as cheap as $10.00 and will last a while.

Paris Hearts Desire

Getting re-married via proxy Feb. 10th 2009 Honeymoon in Paris Feb. 11th-15th 2009

Refiling petition: Feb. 17th 2009

9699.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

This is easy, go to any store now a days most all stores carry calling cards. Ask for one that is usa to usa, but anyone will work even the ones for other countries but the rates might be higher. Look on the back it will have the access number, make sure it is an 800, 888, 877 or 866 number before you buy it. Call from any landline phone with that number and enter the pin on that card you bought and scratched off. If you don't want to leave home you can even go online and buy calling minutes. Just google for it. They give you local or toll free access number and pin immediately via email after payment. BTW check your cell phone/pda preferences there may be a setting for DTMF tones that is not set or set improperly that is why when pressing the keys it is not being recognized or accepted on the other end. Good luck

Timeline

thank u very much for advices. he was out hunting for cards, i was here asking, and at the end turns out the lab provides codes they can use to call long distance US to US, can use it anytime, and at the end u get a bill on how much u spent. so, let the calling begin. is funny how a lil thing like this can turn a calm woman like me in a hysterical. the long waiting before, the excitement we r finally moving on, and then this! seems all this process turned me in a freak. i feel like those ppl who been attacked by a tiger and now they freak out when they see a cat. i develop processing phobia

NVC process:

I129F

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
thank u very much for advices. he was out hunting for cards, i was here asking, and at the end turns out the lab provides codes they can use to call long distance US to US, can use it anytime, and at the end u get a bill on how much u spent. so, let the calling begin. is funny how a lil thing like this can turn a calm woman like me in a hysterical. the long waiting before, the excitement we r finally moving on, and then this! seems all this process turned me in a freak. i feel like those ppl who been attacked by a tiger and now they freak out when they see a cat. i develop processing phobia

:lol:

Im glad its fixed!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.