Captain Ewok

Timeline Approval % per Month Graph

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

What does everyone think about this? I am thinking of adding this to the timeline system. It basically shows the percent approvals by month according to their file date. In other words you can see where the USCIS is currently processing based on this. The total approved will likely not equal one hundred percent because people may have not entered an approved date or were not approved.

vsc_i129f_approvals.gif

csc_i129f_approvals.gif

vsc_i130_approvals.gif

csc_i130_approvals.gif

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Looks good. IMO I'd much rather see a distribution bar chart but this is good too.

I think it looks fine. I am glad we can see the % now.

Fariha

Edited by ~♥Fariha~♥~Zain♥~

---------------------------------------------

"Our 1,000 Mile Visa Journey Thus Far"

---------------------------------------------

I-130

Sent: 07/29/08

Recieved: 07/30/08

NOA1: 08/01/08

Touched: 08/07/08

Approved: 01/12/09

I-129

Sent: 08/07/08

Recieved 08/08/08

NOA1: 08/14/08

Touched: 08/19/08

Approved: 01/12/08

"A (visa) journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step". - Lao-tzu

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is this for real?? 50% of VSC and CSC August filers have been approved?? WOW!!! I'm so ecstatic about those numbers!!!!! :D You rock Ewok!!

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I dont understand ...can u please explain...

Does this graph show for instance if 100 ppl had filed their I-129F in June, then 90% of those folks are already approved.

If that is the case, I see a number for Sept CSC approvals to be 20% and no one has gotten approved for those filed in Sept.

9/19/2008 - Mailed I-129F by USPS Priority

9/22 - Mail reached USCIS - CSC

9/23 - Check Cashed

9/23 - NOA1 Notice Date (now wait and pray that NOA2 should come soon!!)

9/27 - NOA1 received by mail

9/29 - Touched (probably to correct typos)

9/30 - Touched

1/14/2009 - NOA2 approved

1/20 - NOA2 hard copy received

1/22 - NVC received petition

1/26 - NVC sent petition to Embassy

1/29 - Received NVC Hard copy

1/30 - Embassy received petition

2/3 - Received P3 from Embassy

2/3 - P3 sent by Courier from India

2/10 - Confirmed that P3 is in embassy's system (called embassy, DOS)

2/23 - Called DOS - Got interview date verbally

3/9 - Medicals Completed

3/31 - Interview Successful

4/3 - Received Visa

4/20 - Arrival

If that is the case, I see a number for Sept CSC approvals to be 20% and no one has gotten approved for those filed in Sept.

How can 20% approved and 'no one approved' (for Sept) be in the same sentence? :unsure:

What does everyone think about this? I am thinking of adding this to the timeline system. It basically shows the percent approvals by month according to their file date. In other words you can see where the USCIS is currently processing based on this. The total approved will likely not equal one hundred percent because people may have not entered an approved date or were not approved.

I think it looks good - nice to see from a %-Approved point of view. :thumbs:

Timeline

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Also there is a slight smoothing function on the plot so the %'s will be slightly different than the raw data (but very close).

That was my first impression as well to the chart. Would it be better as a bar graph instead rather than a line plot? You could add a 3mo rolling average trend line as well - if so inclined :whistle: Otherwise, I think this would be a good addition.

K-1 - I-129F

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Timeline

bars might be useful yes. I will try that out and update.

bars might be useful yes. I will try that out and update.

Is the raw data available anywhere per chance? I'm not looking for personal info, but the data from timeline results. I've been manually inputting my own criteria and playing with rolling 3 month averages to narrow down some dates. For example - http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pSr...Hq2E1EiDWYrGUHw

Having the raw data would be easier to update, but wouldn't need any other the personal details. Just the results.

Figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited by RBAL_TN

K-1 - I-129F

AOS - I-485

EAD - I-765

ROC - I-781

• 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1

Filed: Other Timeline

Whatever you can do to stop members from compiling their own spreadsheets and data will be useful. Especially if it stops them from relying on the data input by those who read those particular threads. Their data is skewed because it only represents those interested enough to participate. At least data gathered from timelines is somewhat more comprehensive.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline
Whatever you can do to stop members from compiling their own spreadsheets and data will be useful. Especially if it stops them from relying on the data input by those who read those particular threads. Their data is skewed because it only represents those interested enough to participate. At least data gathered from timelines is somewhat more comprehensive.

Definitely agreed.

On what basis would that be detrimental? No one is expecting the data to be perfect simply due to the varying degrees of user input. However, looking at data in various ways can account for some of the discrepancies and smooth out the rough spots. At the very least it would provide some insights and targets rather than blind progression.

K-1 - I-129F

AOS - I-485

EAD - I-765

ROC - I-781

• 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1

Filed: Timeline
On what basis would that be detrimental? No one is expecting the data to be perfect simply due to the varying degrees of user input. However, looking at data in various ways can account for some of the discrepancies and smooth out the rough spots. At the very least it would provide some insights and targets rather than blind progression.

The idea is that if VJ can provide the same data that people are creating their own datasets for, then not only will the VJ data likely be more accurate (more scrutiny by more eyeballs) but there will be a larger sample set.

Filed: Other Timeline

The idea is that if VJ can provide the same data that people are creating their own datasets for, then not only will the VJ data likely be more accurate (more scrutiny by more eyeballs) but there will be a larger sample set.

Precisely.