jonandros

AOS mistake and calling USCIS

14 posts in this topic

USCIS has scheduled us for another Biometrics appointment for some reason. We already

did that on Nov 13. Also, its during the holidays and Im scheduled to be on vacation.

I tried to call the idiots and I have no idea how to talk to one of the idiots there.

There is no option to talk to someone. I tried 3 times.

infopass is my advice.

I am on the phone with them as we speak....not getting anywhere.

My Timeline:

2/27/2007 sent I-129f

5/??/2007 USCIS needed additional info

7/23/2007 I-129f approved

8/3/2007 NVC approves application

8/27/2007 NVC sends approval notice to Seoul embassy

9/6/2007 Seoul embassy finally receives application/filed for interview

9/21/2007 worried about interview

10/13/2007 K-1 approved.

10/20/2007 Arrived in Ameriva

10/29/2007 Filed for marriage certificate

11/24/2007 Filed for AOS I-485 and AP

12/18/2007 Received RFE (overpaid, had to resend check)

1/24/2008 USCIS resumed application process/biometrics appt received

2/04/2008 Biometrics appt

4/??/2008 AP approved and received

9/??/2008 AOS interview schedule received

10/22/2008 AOS interview

11/3/2008 RFE received and returned

FAST FORWARD to Dec 2012. US CITIZEN!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
USCIS has scheduled us for another Biometrics appointment for some reason. We already

did that on Nov 13. Also, its during the holidays and Im scheduled to be on vacation.

I tried to call the idiots and I have no idea how to talk to one of the idiots there.

-- there is an option there about reporting a problem something like that.. i think after giving your receipt number, hot 9 again then 3.. its really hard to get someone on the phone there ughh!! good luck

09/30/08 - mailed AOS, AP and EAD thru USPS

10/02/08 - received and signed by V. Bustamante

10/06/08 - check cashed out

10/07/08 - date of NOA

10/08/08 - last touch for AP and EAD

10/28/08 - AOS transferred to CSC

11/04/08 - touched on AOS

11/05/08 - touched again on AOS

11/06/08 - touched again on AOS ( no touch on AP and EAD)

12/08/08 - EAD approved according to USCIS officer (from infopass)

12/09/08 - touched on AP and EAD

12/10/08 - AP approved dated 12/09

12/15/08 - AP on mail

01/12/09 - went to infopass - found out my EAD has been approved since DEC 8,2008

01/21/09 - biometrics appoinment

01/21/09- Card production ordered for I-765 and a touched for I-485

01/22/09 - touched on I-485

01/23/09 - touched again on i-485

01/26/09- touched again on I-485 and i-765! WOW!

01/29/09 - i-765 approval notice sent.. and EAD card received in mail

02/24/09 - AOS APPROVED!! thanks God!

02/25/09 - AOS touched again

02/27/09 - GC and welcome letter received in the mail

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No point in calling the 1-800 they cant help you. you have 2 options, you can go get the Biometrics done again ahead of your appointment, some ASC will allow walk-ins as long as you have your appointment letter. or you can make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and find out why they are needed again, but you may end up having to get them done anyway.

What is infopass??? Hopefully the Wichita office allows walk-ins. I finally got to talk to a representative by hitting option 3 for changing my address even through I am not changing my address. Does this make any sense at all? These people working for USCIS are truly incompetent. I asked them why they dont have an option to speak to a representative and they didnt have a good explanation. They told me that they have received complaints about this but nothing has been done. I work for DOC - National Weather Service. I feel fortunate to work for one of the more competent government agencies. Of course there are a lot of true idiot beaurocrats working in NWS management as well.

No point in calling the 1-800 they cant help you. you have 2 options, you can go get the Biometrics done again ahead of your appointment, some ASC will allow walk-ins as long as you have your appointment letter. or you can make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and find out why they are needed again, but you may end up having to get them done anyway.

It's possible the fingerprints were 'invalid' - so it might not be a mistake. For what its worth - if you already have your biometrics appointment letter (the new one) - most offices will accept walk-ins so you could go early. :thumbs:

Ok, I think that is what we will do. I would hate to eat $500 in plane tickets for dec30.

I just hate being delayed in the process. I thought getting work authorization would be

fast--NOT!!

What is infopass??? Hopefully the Wichita office allows walk-ins. I finally got to talk to a representative by hitting option 3 for changing my address even through I am not changing my address. Does this make any sense at all? These people working for USCIS are truly incompetent. I asked them why they dont have an option to speak to a representative and they didnt have a good explanation. They told me that they have received complaints about this but nothing has been done. I work for DOC - National Weather Service. I feel fortunate to work for one of the more competent government agencies. Of course there are a lot of true idiot beaurocrats working in NWS management as well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I don't think that the people that work at USCIS are idiots. Everyone I have ever dealt with has been extremely friendly and helpful.

Remember that when you call the 1-800 number you are not dealing with employees that have any access to your case nor authorization to do anything about it.

The are all just doing the job they were employed to do. If they had someone available for everyone that wanted to call then there wouldn't be anyone left to process your cases.

So back to your question, if you notice on the bottom of your biometrics letter there is a change appointment check box and an address to mail the notice back to them in the event that you want the appointment changed. "Request for Rescheduling" - you can't miss it, it takes up almost half the page.

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

Well first of all, when there is no option to speak to a represenative, and you have to

hit option 3 for change of address to actually speak to a human, then there is a problem.

If they had told me in the letter why I had to go back to Wichita, then I wouldnt have

to call them and take up their precious time. Got it? Good.

Secondly, I have no intention of changing the time. Do I really want to waste several

more months dealing with these people? I dont think so.

I don't think that the people that work at USCIS are idiots. Everyone I have ever dealt with has been extremely friendly and helpful.

Remember that when you call the 1-800 number you are not dealing with employees that have any access to your case nor authorization to do anything about it.

The are all just doing the job they were employed to do. If they had someone available for everyone that wanted to call then there wouldn't be anyone left to process your cases.

So back to your question, if you notice on the bottom of your biometrics letter there is a change appointment check box and an address to mail the notice back to them in the event that you want the appointment changed. "Request for Rescheduling" - you can't miss it, it takes up almost half the page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

DIal the USCIS customer service number and when you hear the guys automated voice press 123 right away and you will be directed to a liveperson. ANyways as what was said, you can do walk in now,even saturdays i believe, depends on where is it located at, its imperative to not missed one of those appointments that was scheduled by them, even if its their mistake. Good luck to you

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well first of all, when there is no option to speak to a represenative, and you have to

hit option 3 for change of address to actually speak to a human, then there is a problem.

If they had told me in the letter why I had to go back to Wichita, then I wouldnt have

Secondly, I have no intention of changing the time. Do I really want to waste several

You have to deal with these people or you will not be approved for your AOS. People here are trying to help you. They do not have to give you a reason why they want you to do your Biometrics again, you just have to go, If you dont go then your case will be abandoned and you will be deported.

You said you would be on vacation when the appointment is and people were trying to say that you could go early to the Biometrics office and have them done.

If you do not wish to spend anymore months dealing with USCIS I suggest you return to your own country then you will never have to deal with them again. Remember you have to file to remove conditions on your Greencard 2 years after it is approved and guess what you will need to have your Biometrics done again and then if you choose to file for citizenship in 3 years time you will have the pleasure of having your biometrics done yet again. So you see it will be longer than a few months until you are finished dealing with these people.

Got It???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You have to deal with these people or you will not be approved for your AOS. People here are trying to help you. They do not have to give you a reason why they want you to do your Biometrics again, you just have to go, If you dont go then your case will be abandoned and you will be deported.

You said you would be on vacation when the appointment is and people were trying to say that you could go early to the Biometrics office and have them done.

If you do not wish to spend anymore months dealing with USCIS I suggest you return to your own country then you will never have to deal with them again. Remember you have to file to remove conditions on your Greencard 2 years after it is approved and guess what you will need to have your Biometrics done again and then if you choose to file for citizenship in 3 years time you will have the pleasure of having your biometrics done yet again. So you see it will be longer than a few months until you are finished dealing with these people.

Got It???

agreed :thumbs:

I think the OP is taking this lightly... she or he (whoever wrote this post) is getting and attitude not only with USCIS workers.. he/she is like bashing people that is trying to hep..

I suggest postpone your little trip to the "MACHU PICCHU" or wherever your going and actually care more about your process.. If they want biometrics again... so be it...

Love timeline!

08-11-06.........Met my love at my friend's party... got my eyes on her :)

10-20-06.........I finally make you mine!!

01-16-08.........Civil Wedding!! .. :))!! Officially married

AOS

11-07-08 ....... Sent AOS package to Chicago

11-11-08.........Packet delivered Yay!! (day 1)

11-20-08.........Money order's cashed!! (day 9)

11-26-08.........NOA'S in the mail dated for the 18th of November (day 15)

12-09-08.........Biometrics done! (day 28)

12-10-08.........I-765, I-485 touched! (day 29)

01-15-08.........EAD card production ordered! AP notice approval sent ! (day 65)

02-24-09.........Interview @ 12:00 pm !! (day 105)

9377.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm so sorry, and I do apologize. You are right, fighting the system is the best way to go. Good luck.

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.