Conan

Pregnant Finance

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey all,

I found out my finace is pregnant. What forms do I fill out in case she doesn't make it to the US in time for the birth?

I just got my NOA1 Dec 2nd so we still have a long wait. She is due in July

Any other advice? Thank you very much

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-02

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: Timeline

K1 has nothing to do with his fiancee being pregnant. Once she gets the visa, its up to her to decide to travel (ofcourse on her doctor too and if she's still pregnant) or wait till she has the baby.

I hope someone from PI will be able to give you a better answer about what forms you will need for the baby if its born in PI.

Timeline
K1 has nothing to do with his fiancee being pregnant. Once she gets the visa, its up to her to decide to travel (ofcourse on her doctor too and if she's still pregnant) or wait till she has the baby.

I hope someone from PI will be able to give you a better answer about what forms you will need for the baby if its born in PI.

I just read more on other websites - you are right. I didn't see anything suggesting they wouldn't allow travel on K1 while pregnant.

I did see that CO will want a letter from USC confirming that he knows about the pregnancy and that he is still willing to marry (could be another man's child).

I also read that it could affect her ability to go through with the medical for she can't be xray'd. I'm not sure that is true or not.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

"(could be another man's child)."

Wouldn't be the first time. Happened to a friend who had DNA test for "his" child after 2 years when his wife and "his" child migrated from PI.

They are no longer married!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey all,

I found out my finace is pregnant. What forms do I fill out in case she doesn't make it to the US in time for the birth?

It is called a Certificate of Birth Abroad.... Look on the embassy website for the procedures

YMMV

Timeline

If you're already stressing about the fiance visa, having a child born in the Philippines makes it twice as stressful. Plan on the process taking at least a month or two to get the passport for your child. If you're in a hurry to get your fiance to the US, make sure you complete everything as quickly as possible to get her here before giving birth. Don't sacrifice the well being of your fiance and baby though just to make that happen. Listen to the doctors. If the pregnancy is healthy, many people will say that air travel is safe up to the 36th week.

If the baby is born in the Philippines, have your fiance contact Air 21 (FedEx) and they will send her a packet of information and forms, which includes the Report of Birth Abroad. Here's how to request the packet...

Manila US Embassy Passport, Citizenship and Birth Registration Services

Make sure to keep medical records for check ups, ultrasound pics, and you'll need to provide information on your proof of relationship, just like you did with the K1. You'll also be asked to sign documentation taking responsibility of the child.

Once you submit the packet to the Embassy, you will need to schedule an interview. The interview is for the parents AND the child. If you are not able to be physically present, the parent not able to attend has to give authorization to the attending parent. If all goes well, a passport is issued about 3 weeks after the interview date. If you are requested to take a paternity test, plan on spending about $475.

International Paternity Testing and DNA Test Laboratories for Passport Verification, Citizenship and Immigration DNA Tests

You'll want to work quickly after the birth to get the birth certificate information processed by the NSO. The Embassy requires documents from the NSO, not the hospital, which can take up to 2 months for the NSO to complete. This can be expedited for a fee if you know someone within the NSO.

If you want the baby to have your last name on the birth certificate, you will need to be present at birth. In general it is a big hassle to get everything taken care of. I hope this helps...

My fiance and son are scheduled for his passport interview on Thursday 12/18 so I might be able to share a bit more after that. Good luck and I hope everything works out the way you want it.

One last thing... I may have made the mistake of not completing the report of birth abroad as soon as she gave birth. I was there for 4 weeks after she gave birth and I don't know if you being physically present makes a difference when submitting the information. If you plan on being there when she gives birth, I would definitely look into doing all the paperwork while you are there. We waited until I got back to the US.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey all,

It is called a Certificate of Birth Abroad.... Look on the embassy website for the procedures

It's called a "Consular Report of Birth Abroad". Be prepared to show evidence you were with her at the time of conception and potentially DNA testing. The end result desired is a US Passport for the child. In the off chance she interviews for the visa early enough to travel while pregnant, be prepared to show evidence you were with her at the time of conception.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
Hey all,

Your fiance can still make it here before her due date in July 09 but all will really depend on the fastness of the Embassy overseas because once you receive your NOA2 which based on the time lines here we're talking around April 09, it takes between 1 and 2 months or even less to complete the visa process overseas thus lets say June 09 she gets her visa in hand, she will still have enough time to make it here.Except the embassy overseas slows her process due to her pregnancy or she gets the visa before her due date but the airlines refuse to fly her in, as I have been heard many horrible stories that most international airlines will not carry passengers that are above 7 months pregnant.

Timeline

Hi there im on the same boat as u my fiancee is 34weeks now she is due around January 20, 2009. My fiancee just had her interview on Dec. 4, 2009 and she passed with no problem she already got her visa we decided to have the baby in the Philippines because its safe for her and the baby. Just to let u know if u need help on writing an Affidavit of Parentage and Physical conception i will be glad to help u. I had to have one notarized that she brought to the interview and guess what they did not even ask (CO) for it. I guess when she saw my fiancee with a Big Belly that was enough proof that we had a serious relationship. Goodluck and Congratulation :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey all,

hello..i've had this experienced too..

if you could check my timeline,

we submitted my k1 application on January 2008, noa2 by March, interview and Visa by May..i was then almost 8 months pregnant

so i just waited to deliver in the phils on June, my visa was valid till october so i still have time to get my son's CRBA and passport..

right after I gave birth, we submitted his Birth Cert and got an NSO copy, applied for the CRBA and waited for a month for my baby's appointment.

i would love to help you regarding this matter, as i\ve been thru this journey also...

goodluck! and babies are goodluck charms infact i think it was my baby who made it possible for me to get approved!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Hey all,

we submitted my k1 application on January 2008, noa2 by March, interview and Visa by May..i was then almost 8 months pregnant

so i just waited to deliver in the phils on June, my visa was valid till october so i still have time to get my son's CRBA and passport..

right after I gave birth, we submitted his Birth Cert and got an NSO copy, applied for the CRBA and waited for a month for my baby's appointment.

i would love to help you regarding this matter, as i\ve been thru this journey also...

goodluck! and babies are goodluck charms infact i think it was my baby who made it possible for me to get approved!

Hi there,i was reading some of the stories about being pregnant cause i am on the same track,my fiance filed our k1 application last oc 2,2008 n still waiting for NOA2..but forsure before our application will be approved i already gve birth here in the philippines which will be on march 27,2009..btw,how to apply for the CRBA for our baby?and for the baby's passport?i will really appreciate ur help.just gettin ready so we would know what to do next after i give birth.thank u so much in advance.God bless.

Timeline
Hi there im on the same boat as u my fiancee is 34weeks now she is due around January 20, 2009. My fiancee just had her interview on Dec. 4, 2009 and she passed with no problem she already got her visa we decided to have the baby in the Philippines because its safe for her and the baby. Just to let u know if u need help on writing an Affidavit of Parentage and Physical conception i will be glad to help u. I had to have one notarized that she brought to the interview and guess what they did not even ask (CO) for it. I guess when she saw my fiancee with a Big Belly that was enough proof that we had a serious relationship. Goodluck and Congratulation :thumbs:

hello..i just read ur msg,we are now dealing on the same situation,my fiance filed our k1 application last oct 2,2008 and still waiting for the NOA2,i am now pregnant for 6months n will deliver on march 27,2009..so i guess before our application will be approve i already gave birth here in the philippines..i just wanna ask about the affidavit of parentage and physical conception that my fiance need to do,can u give me a sample of a letter to be notarized so we will just have an idea so my fiance can be ready.i will really appreciate ur help and i wanna thank u in advance.hope u can help me..God bless.

Timeline
Hey all,

and by the way just wanna ask also what are the forms that me n my fiance need to fill up?or everything we need to prepare?thank you so much again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.