EWWM NITCH KAH

bringing a family member for a visit

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife has a 2 yr greencard from the k1 visa. We would like for her mom to come here to u.s. for a 2 or 3 month visit from the Ukraine. can someone guide me in the direction to start the process. or give me some low down.. My Mother in law Ownes her appartment and her own business which she rents a spot at the market to sell clothing and merchandice. One of my questions is I know I need to write her a letter inviting her and I will post the letter below this post so I would be greatful for your input in which I need to add to this letter or delete because I cannot find a sample letter anywhere. 2 do i send this letter signed in a form of a real letter or cabn i email the letter to her ?? any help would be greatful I find several posts on bringing family members but not just for a visit... sorry for all the wind heres the letter I wrote.

December 7 2008

Dear HER NAME

Olena and I would like to invite you to the United States for approximately a 90 day visit. During your visit to America you will stay at our home here in Dixon, California.

I shall provide Airfare tickets for your flight and when you arrive in America I will be fully responsible for all of your expenses during your stay.

Olena and I hope that you will conseder and accept our invitation and we are very excited and looking forward to spending time with you.

Am I on the right track here for a start ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good start, you can also provide an I-134 to show support during her visit.

She will be applying for the visa using an DS-156

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I expect to have similar questions next summer, for Natasha's sister and nephew. Guess I'll have to start researching this!

Good luck.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have tried this twice, and failed. I was trying to have Alyonas father attend our wedding.

I have written the Embassy in Kiev quite often and my 2nd attempt included a senator inquiry. Here is what I have learned.

1. Showing support could hurt your cause.

2. All people who apply for a tourist visas from the Ukraine must be assumed to be immigrants. (per the embassy).

The person applying will have to PROVE that they will be returning back to the Ukraine, and hence not an immigrant.

If you have spent much time in the Ukraine, you already know how easy documents are to come by. So as the Embassy told me, documents are not worth a lot in the Ukraine. The 2nd interview was denied as soon as Victor answered the question , who will be paying for the trip. (I was).

It has become more difficult to get a tourist visa over the past 2 years.

If your MIL has traveled to other western countries, and returned to the Ukraine, your chances will be much better.

You success will be based on how well your MIL does at convincing the interviewer that she will be returning home.

HiTech

Edited by HiTech

Feb. 27 2008 Petition mailed to VSC via USPS

Mar 3 Delivered VSC

Mar 28 2008 2nd Petition mailed to VSC via USPS first one must be lost.

Mar 31 2008 VSC Received.

Apr 9 Check Cleared.

Apr 9 NOA1

Apr 13 Touched.

Apr 14 Touched.

May 6 Touched

May 7 Touched

July 14 NOA2 (4 months 2 weeks 3 days after it was sent)

July 16 Received NVC.

July 18 Shipped NVC

July 21 DHL Received.

July 23 Delivered Kiev Embassy.

Aug 1 In embassy system, assume they sent packet, can schedule interview.

Aug 4 Schedule interview earliest date is Sept 22.

Sep 22 Interview Date (Approved)

Sep 25 Visa arrives in mail.

Oct 6 Alyona Arrives Dallas.

Nov 28 Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Total days waiting for our future, 7 months 1 week 3 days.

Dec 16,2008 AOS Sent Fedx to Chicago

Dec 17,2008 AOS Recieved.

Dec 22,2008 NOA2 Date

Dec 23,2008 Check Cashed.

Dec 26,2008 NOA2's arive in mail.

Dec 31,2008 Biometric arives in mail.

Jan 14,2009 Biometric Appointment.

Apr 10, 2009 Interview

Apr 20,2009 Conditional green card production ordered.

Apr 28,2009 Green card arrived.

Citizenship

2012-01-19 Applied

2012-01-28 NOA

2012-02-13 Bio.

2012-04-19 Interview

2012-04-19 Oath

Claudeth keeps talking about bringing her parents here for a visit and I keep reminding her they would be staying with us. Nuf said :devil:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I have tried this twice, and failed. I was trying to have Alyonas father attend our wedding.

I have written the Embassy in Kiev quite often and my 2nd attempt included a senator inquiry. Here is what I have learned.

1. Showing support could hurt your cause.

2. All people who apply for a tourist visas from the Ukraine must be assumed to be immigrants. (per the embassy).

The person applying will have to PROVE that they will be returning back to the Ukraine, and hence not an immigrant.

If you have spent much time in the Ukraine, you already know how easy documents are to come by. So as the Embassy told me, documents are not worth a lot in the Ukraine. The 2nd interview was denied as soon as Victor answered the question , who will be paying for the trip. (I was).

It has become more difficult to get a tourist visa over the past 2 years.

If your MIL has traveled to other western countries, and returned to the Ukraine, your chances will be much better.

You success will be based on how well your MIL does at convincing the interviewer that she will be returning home.

HiTech

Ah, the old government stand-by, always irritating, catch-22 - if you've done it before, then we'll let you do it again, but it's nearly impossible to get permission to do the first time, so how can you have done it before? Bureaucracy.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife has a 2 yr greencard from the k1 visa. We would like for her mom to come here to u.s. for a 2 or 3 month visit from the Ukraine. can someone guide me in the direction to start the process. or give me some low down.. My Mother in law Ownes her appartment and her own business which she rents a spot at the market to sell clothing and merchandice. One of my questions is I know I need to write her a letter inviting her and I will post the letter below this post so I would be greatful for your input in which I need to add to this letter or delete because I cannot find a sample letter anywhere. 2 do i send this letter signed in a form of a real letter or cabn i email the letter to her ?? any help would be greatful I find several posts on bringing family members but not just for a visit... sorry for all the wind heres the letter I wrote.

December 7 2008

Dear HER NAME

Olena and I would like to invite you to the United States for approximately a 90 day visit. During your visit to America you will stay at our home here in Dixon, California.

I shall provide Airfare tickets for your flight and when you arrive in America I will be fully responsible for all of your expenses during your stay.

Olena and I hope that you will conseder and accept our invitation and we are very excited and looking forward to spending time with you.

From the Department of State

You may provide a letter of invitation or support. However, this cannot guarantee visa issuance to a foreign national friend, relative or student. Visa applicants must qualify for the visa according to their own circumstances, not on the basis of an American sponsor's assurance.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/denials/denials_1361.html

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

December 7 2008

Dear HER NAME

You may provide a letter of invitation or support. However, this cannot guarantee visa issuance to a foreign national friend, relative or student. Visa applicants must qualify for the visa according to their own circumstances, not on the basis of an American sponsor's assurance.

Best chances? If the person is over age 65 and owns property there is a very good chance they will get a tourist visa. Otherwise it is very difficult and nearly impossible, especially for younger women. Only my experience, not worth a lot...but there it is, and it's free.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

December 7 2008

Dear HER NAME

Best chances? If the person is over age 65 and owns property there is a very good chance they will get a tourist visa. Otherwise it is very difficult and nearly impossible, especially for younger women. Only my experience, not worth a lot...but there it is, and it's free.

The following documents are not considered helpful:

In general, affidavits of any sort will be of little value to an applicant (exception: student visa applications). The affidavit of support is a requirement only for immigrant visas. We encourage the interested third parties to save their time and money and not to prepare such. The interviewing officer is less concerned about how the applicant will be supported during his/her stay in the United States than in whether s/he has reasons to return home.

Letters of invitation (except for business travel).

Purchase of airline ticket. This should not be made until a visa has been issued and the applicant is in receipt of the visaed passport.

the above was taken from the U S Embassy web site Manila. Pleases check web site for your country , most likely the same

October 22nd 2009 at 2:00 P.M. OATH COMPLETED

Oct. 22 9:05 A.M. Atlanta interview date for naturalization

Aug. 15 Received YELLOW LETTER, we are to bring to the interview state driver's license

Aug. 6, 2009 N.O.A. fingerprint appointment

June 29, 2009 Notice receipt date and priority date

June 25, 2009 Filed for naturalization

April 30, 2008 Filed for John's dual citizenship

April 24, 2008 JOHN BORN

Dec. 18, 2007 Completed first semester, an 'A' average

Sept. 21, 2007 Doctor reported, "your wife is two months with child"

Aug. 22, 2007 rose starts college

May 09, 2007 rose receives license to drive and drives us home.

Jan. 24, 2007 returned to Alabama

Dec. 28, 2007 remarried in Philippines, I promised her a Filipino wedding

Nov. 27, 2006 returned to Philippines

Aug. 01, 2006 rose receives P.G.C., no interviews here, no conditional card

July 25, 2006 received email - Approval

July 18, 2006 mailed update

July 07, 2006 R.F.E, update on income

June 26, 2006 We mailed hand-written letter requesting status of A.O.S.

Jan. 24, 2006 Biometrics completed, again

Nov. 02, 2005 R.F.E.

Sept. 20, 2005 A.O.S. transferred to C.S.C.

April 11, 2005 JAMES, BORN

July 22, 2004 A.O.S. receipt date, Atlanta

June 22, 2004 married

June 10, 2004 rose arrives in Alabama

May 23, 2004 Visa arrives

May 05, 2004 Embassy interview

Feb. 03, 2004 I-129 approved

Sept. 03, 2003 I-129 receipt date

Aug. 16, 2003 met Rose in Cebu

Jan. 20, 2003 mailed letter to her and waited

Jan. 20, 2003 read Rose's profile on website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.