Conan

K1 I-129 Question

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In one of the VJ guides it states

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

"Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy. "

I sent the originals to the USCIS. Do they send them back to me after approval? I am a little confused on this step. If not then how do I send the originals to my finace when the USCIS has them?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-02

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You should have NOT sent your originals, you send photo copies of evidence to USCIS.

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Send what you can to the beneficiary for interview, concentrate now on the I-134 for the interview.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You were not supposed to send the originals with the I-129 you were supposed to send copies. No, you will not get the originals back from the USCIS, your gonna have to see if you can you retrieve them another way.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

You will not get the originals back from USCIS. It stated in the I-129F notes to send copies.

Try and get certified copies to send to your fiance.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline
You will not get the originals back from USCIS. It stated in the I-129F notes to send copies.

Hard to certify something without the original, the person certifying the copy needs to see the original in order to certify the copy.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Hard to certify something without the original, the person certifying the copy needs to see the original in order to certify the copy.

Sorry if i wasn't clear...

I meant certified copies of birth certificate, divorce papers if applicable...

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline

I had an agency helping me and they said to send original signatures. All of the forms are typed. Do you think I could just sign and date them again and have my fiance sign and date them again since all of the info is typed except the date and signatures?

I meant that I sent originals of the forms such as the G325, I129 not birth certificates. IS this ok?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

I had an agency helping me and they said to send original signatures. All of the forms are typed. Do you think I could just sign and date them again and have my fiance sign and date them again since all of the info is typed except the date and signatures?

Yes Original signatures on I-129F, and G-325A forms.

The evidential docs can be photo-copies for USCIS.

You don't need to send another copy of I-129F or G-325A forms for the interview, this will be in the file at the consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

First you're advised on the form I-129F not to send in Originals. But being that you unintentional did it without knowing, there still exist a solution to getting it back but it will cost u. It is clearly stated somewhere on the forms that for you to get back you original copies, you can write to them and also pay a fees ... There is a form to fill and you use you case number to include on this form and then pay the requested about of money and then mail it out and wait for your originals to be sent but again it takes a while so you have to be patience because....

Edited by bonaprixo

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I meant that I sent originals of the forms such as the G325, I129 not birth certificates. IS this ok?

Not only is it OK, it's required. Send photocopies of all supporting documentation.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Yep, mass confusion going on here. :lol:

Yes I-129F and G-325A have to be originals sent to USCIS.

All attached evidence that is sent with the I-129F should be copies.

You can send a photo copy of I-129F and G-325A and the originals of the evidence to fiancee for interview.

Timeline

You can send a photo copy of I-129F and G-325A and the originals of the evidence to fiancee for interview.

Sorry for the confusion. I am new at this. Do I send her my original birth certificate too? I sent the USCIS a copy. Also with her brith certicate I heard that they only take certain kinds. How do I know that she has the right birth certificate?

Thank you so much everyone

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

Sorry for the confusion. I am new at this. Do I send her my original birth certificate too? I sent the USCIS a copy. Also with her brith certicate I heard that they only take certain kinds. How do I know that she has the right birth certificate?

US B.C. is primarily used to prove citizenship for filing the I-129F. a photo copy for interview should be fine. Some send a complete certified copy of US Passport to fiancee for interview, this does 2 things, proves citizenship, and shows a record of trips to see fiancee.

Timeline

US B.C. is primarily used to prove citizenship for filing the I-129F. a photo copy for interview should be fine. Some send a complete certified copy of US Passport to fiancee for interview, this does 2 things, proves citizenship, and shows a record of trips to see fiancee.

Do copies I send need to be certified? Who can certify copies of a passport?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline
Do copies I send need to be certified? Who can certify copies of a passport?
Many take the original and copy to a Notary Public and have the copies "Notarized"

You can do this when you get your I-134 notarized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.