kaydee457

Obama's true colors: Black, white ... or neither?

49 posts in this topic

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
what's the brown paper bag test? we don't have that in Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorism#Afri...e_United_States

OMFG! :o

I had to send in a picture with my law school application . . . . . . they never did say what that was for. . . . . . . . . :blink:

Edited by MrsCat

Filed: Timeline
what's the brown paper bag test? we don't have that in Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorism#Afri...e_United_States

OMFG! :(

I had to send in a picture with my law school application . . . . . . they never did say what that was for. . . . . . . . . :blink:

:devil:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:o

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Yes, keep posting all the irrelevant. Well, this may have relevance to your generation, it sure doesn't to me. And sure I hope that this sort of ####### has no relevance whatsoever to anyone in this country when my bi-racial daughter reaches adulthood. She has the right to be judged as the person she will be regardless of what color her skin is or what color the skin of her parents happens to be. This just a bunch of useless nonsense that you - married to an African lady yourself - should be ashamed to peddle.

Um, I offered up no opinion.....It's just an article I saw on Yahoo homepage that I thought interesting....Frankly, my opinion is that holding himself up to be an "African American", but not having the same experiences as AA's, is sort of disingenuous...

I think you're referring to another thread whereby he himself mused that if he were not black, or at least believed to be so by the left media, he wouldn't have the celebrity that propelled him into the presidency with no experience, no tangible accomplishments that anyone can find other than, as Hillary put it, "he gave a speech".......

I personally have no problem with his color or his declared race one way or the other. I do have a problem with the way it was used to propel him to the highest office in this nation and the most powerful job in the world.....

No, I'm not at all ashamed and it has nothing to do with my generation....everything to do with the use of race to trump all other shortcomings a candidate may have, particularly experience and accomplishments, and to elevate that person to some arbitrary plateau solely based on race, even abandoning gender.

This election was skewed by a corrupt liberal media and a populist movement, one that as a person of a different generation have seen before. Trust me on that! :thumbs:

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
"For others it's a ploy to sort of reclaim the presidency for whiteness, as though Obama's blackness is somehow mitigated by being biracial."

I agree.

Who iare these unnamed "others" trying to "reclaim the presidency for whiteness"? :wacko:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes, keep posting all the irrelevant. Well, this may have relevance to your generation, it sure doesn't to me. And sure I hope that this sort of ####### has no relevance whatsoever to anyone in this country when my bi-racial daughter reaches adulthood. She has the right to be judged as the person she will be regardless of what color her skin is or what color the skin of her parents happens to be. This just a bunch of useless nonsense that you - married to an African lady yourself - should be ashamed to peddle.

Um, I offered up no opinion.....It's just an article I saw on Yahoo homepage that I thought interesting....Frankly, my opinion is that holding himself up to be an "African American", but not having the same experiences as AA's, is sort of disingenuous...

I think you're referring to another thread whereby he himself mused that if he were not black, or at least believed to be so by the left media, he wouldn't have the celebrity that propelled him into the presidency with no experience, no tangible accomplishments that anyone can find other than, as Hillary put it, "he gave a speech".......

I personally have no problem with his color or his declared race one way or the other. I do have a problem with the way it was used to propel him to the highest office in this nation and the most powerful job in the world.....

No, I'm not at all ashamed and it has nothing to do with my generation....everything to do with the use of race to trump all other shortcomings a candidate may have, particularly experience and accomplishments, and to elevate that person to some arbitrary plateau solely based on race, even abandoning gender.

This election was skewed by a corrupt liberal media and a populist movement, one that as a person of a different generation have seen before. Trust me on that! :thumbs:

That's total shite. Obama didn't run his campaign on the basis of race. That blacks voted for him overwhelmingly is no different to the white evangelists who always vote republican.

Timeline

That's total shite. Obama didn't run his campaign on the basis of race. That blacks voted for him overwhelmingly is no different to the white evangelists who always vote republican.

False analogy.

Voting for someone because you agree with their views is not the same as voting for someone because they are the same color as you...

Edited by Scott & Lai

Our timeline:

Our Photos

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

False analogy.

Voting for someone because you agree with their views is not the same as voting for someone because they are the same color as you...

You don't think there's a racial component to that too?

Its not really a false analogy is it...

Timeline

False analogy.

You don't think there's a racial component to that too?

Its not really a false analogy is it...

It's only a correct analogy if there is, in fact, a racial component to it; I'm not convinced there is. I think the evangelists vote Republican because the Republicans support their views. Now, if they voted for a white candidate who didn't share their views when there was a black candidate running who did share their views, then you would have a point.

Edited by Scott & Lai

Our timeline:

Our Photos

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Evangelical Christians almost always vote for republican candidates. Candidates who almost always happen to be white.

While I do agree with Scott that on the surface- it appears the vote is based on platform... common sense dictates that within that vote there is the added history that many white evangelicals tend to have a stereotypical racial component to their behavior that is unmistakable.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Timeline
For someone who apparently abhors the race card, kaydee seems to have no problem playing it himself. His obsession with a man who has yet to take office is surely rising to the level of a mental disorder.

I thought it was a v interesting article....people seem to be denying his blackness due to being raised by a white woman. Interesting stuff if you ask me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Evangelical Christians almost always vote for republican candidates. Candidates who almost always happen to be white.

Almost always? So when the repub candidate is not white, what do those Evangelicals do?

We'll see when there is a notable non-white Republican candidate that gets a Presidential nomination.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.