Keila_miniel

After arrival to the US

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

I have a question that hopefully someone will be able to answer, My husband and I submitted for the I-130 and K-3; Both the K-3 and I-30 got approved at the same time my husband and I was under the impresion that he could come here with the K-3 and await for the I-130l so we perdued the K-3 and he arrived sucessfully to the US and have been here for 3 weeks. I received the I-30 petition to submit for the affidavit of support although my husband arrived here under the K-3 and I am not sure what we are suppoust to do from now.

What should we do next, do we have to follow the I-30 and await for another interview date and he should return to Panama for this or do we have to apply for the adjustment of status under the K-3 and work permit. We are a little confuse on what to do next HELP!!!! any help will be appreciate it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a question that hopefully someone will be able to answer, My husband and I submitted for the I-130 and K-3; Both the K-3 and I-30 got approved at the same time my husband and I was under the impresion that he could come here with the K-3 and await for the I-130l so we perdued the K-3 and he arrived sucessfully to the US and have been here for 3 weeks. I received the I-30 petition to submit for the affidavit of support although my husband arrived here under the K-3 and I am not sure what we are suppoust to do from now.

What should we do next, do we have to follow the I-30 and await for another interview date and he should return to Panama for this or do we have to apply for the adjustment of status under the K-3 and work permit. We are a little confuse on what to do next HELP!!!! any help will be appreciate it

If you want, you can just go directly to apply for status adjustment (I-485) and work permit (I-765) ....

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

is it optional since the price for the adjustement and work permit is very high and i cant afford it at the time but I want my husband to be able to do things instead of sitting at home and going crazy

Filed: Other Timeline

The only way that AOS could be considered "optional" is that you have 2 choices right now. Either apply for AOS & EAD, or continue with the I-130 process and your husband will have to return to his home country for the CR1 interview.

Which is cheaper? Returning to his home country + the affidavit of support fees, visa fees, travel expenses etc etc etc, or $1010 for AOS?

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
The only way that AOS could be considered "optional" is that you have 2 choices right now. Either apply for AOS & EAD, or continue with the I-130 process and your husband will have to return to his home country for the CR1 interview.

Which is cheaper? Returning to his home country + the affidavit of support fees, visa fees, travel expenses etc etc etc, or $1010 for AOS?

By my math, AOS/EAD is cheaper and faster.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
So i will just ignore the I-30 and continue with the adjustment of status ? This will not affect me in any way?

It will affect you by saving you money and time and allowing you to work sooner.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

When you send in the AOS package also include a copy of the NOA2 from the I-130, and I think you also have to notify NVC that you are pursuing AOS rather than returning to home country for CR1.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline
When you send in the AOS package also include a copy of the NOA2 from the I-130, and I think you also have to notify NVC that you are pursuing AOS rather than returning to home country for CR1.

Notifying NVC is optional.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Notifying NVC is optional.

by ignoring all I-130 related requests from NVC is in essence notification

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.