Hicham&Darlene

layovers in other contries with greencard

15 posts in this topic

We have a 14 hour layover in italy on way back to US. Is it ok to stay at hotel ? Husband was worried have problems getting on flight security problems since passport morocco but has greencard. Any help greatly appreciated

darlene

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
We have a 14 hour layover in italy on way back to US. Is it ok to stay at hotel ? Husband was worried have problems getting on flight security problems since passport morocco but has greencard. Any help greatly appreciated

darlene

That greencard shows that your husband is a lawful permanent resident of the USA and entitled to come back with any kind of current foreign passport with no visa's required. USA DHS liked to play games with my wife with a greencard, but not when traveling with me, then they were nice to her.

You can have a lot more fun in an hotel than at an airport, God, airports are boring, an example of what hell is going to be like. Can't even buy a cup of coffee without putting a second mortgage on your house. Go for it.

darlene

That greencard shows that your husband is a lawful permanent resident of the USA and entitled to come back with any kind of current foreign passport with no visa's required. USA DHS liked to play games with my wife with a greencard, but not when traveling with me, then they were nice to her.

You can have a lot more fun in an hotel than at an airport, God, airports are boring, an example of what hell is going to be like. Can't even buy a cup of coffee without putting a second mortgage on your house. Go for it.

thanks this is first time traveling with his greencard so not sure. yes he has current passport too.

darlene

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Darlene,

Probably best to check with the Italian consulate... some European countries require a transit visa for up to 24-hour stay... at least then you could leave the airport.

Good luck! :thumbs:

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

darlene

May require a visa for Italy.

National Morocco (MA) /Residence U.S.A. (US) Transit Italy (IT) /Destination U.S.A. (US)

ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Italy (IT)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Visa required, except for Those who continue their journey to a third country by the first available flight within 48 hours and without leaving the airport, provided arriving and departing from/to non-Schengen countries. Passengers must also hold tickets with reserved seats and other documents for their onward journey.

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_webs...ubuser=DELTAB2C

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

darlene

May require a visa for Italy.

National Morocco (MA) /Residence U.S.A. (US) Transit Italy (IT) /Destination U.S.A. (US)

ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Italy (IT)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Visa required, except for Those who continue their journey to a third country by the first available flight within 48 hours and without leaving the airport, provided arriving and departing from/to non-Schengen countries. Passengers must also hold tickets with reserved seats and other documents for their onward journey.

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_webs...ubuser=DELTAB2C

thanks for help and website. i found something there

Visa required, except for Residents of the U.S.A. if holding:

- Permanent Resident/Resident Alien Card (Form I-551);

- U.S. "Permit to Re-Enter" (Form I-327);

to me that means no visa cause i-551 is greencard i think. this is driving me crazy. 1st flight cancelled so we have to leave earlier now have 14 hour layover so got hotel room now not sure if can use it lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

to me that means no visa cause i-551 is greencard i think. this is driving me crazy. 1st flight cancelled so we have to leave earlier now have 14 hour layover so got hotel room now not sure if can use it lol

Correct I-551 = Green-card.

Note time to update profile it says K-1, yet you have green-card (AOS approved) http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Correct I-551 = Green-card.

Note time to update profile it says K-1, yet you have green-card (AOS approved) http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

thanks i changed it. maybe ask at airport to be sure or see if sooner flight.

darlene

H&D, if I'm not mistaken, Da Vinci Airport (Rome) does have in-airport day-rooms (albeit, not as nice as those in Singapore).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

You may want to do a little fact checking. When I asked the same question regarding travel for my wife back to U.A.E. [Emirates] for a possible future visit with her family and mine now living there, the response I got was my wife would travel as a citizen of PI, the green card would not matter except as it pertained to her returning the the USA, at least as far as her entry into U.A.E. was concerned.

Thus your spouse could be entering Italy as a Moroccan citizen, with his Green Card status irrelevant, unless the Italian government has different rules [which is of course entirely possible!] I would want my information to come from Italian authorities were I you.

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

H&D, if I'm not mistaken, Da Vinci Airport (Rome) does have in-airport day-rooms (albeit, not as nice as those in Singapore).

thanks we will check if have rooms there that would be safest way to go. thanks to everyone for all your help. we take train tonight so have to pack say bye to everyone so wish us luck.

hicham&darlene

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When I traveled with my husband through UK we had an overnight layover (with a 1 year old). He was given a 24 hr transit stamp in his passport. Call the Italian consulate in the US, explain the situation. In the end it's the discretion of the customs official. Also when we have flown through Europe to Morocco, my husband has always had to present his greencard with his passport, both going and leaving. Other posters are right in the sense that holding a GC doesn't mean you have the same status as a USC passport holder, however I believe that most countries are more willing to allow for the transit visa if you are holidng a GC, as there is less "flight" risk....

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Should change the name from airports to airprisons, just because your plane lands there, you are not necessarily free to leave, security gates and guards everywhere.

One way to find out is simply to try to leave, "let me see your papers", if you do not have the papers they are looking for, you cannot leave so you have no choice but to wait at the airport. That movie with Tom Hanks, "The Terminal" wasn't exactly fiction, although my longest wait was due to flight delays was three days. When we left Caracas, was a bunch of people sleeping on the floors for over 26 hours that couldn't leave due to flight delays.

That is why they should call them airprisons.

When I traveled with my husband through UK we had an overnight layover (with a 1 year old). He was given a 24 hr transit stamp in his passport. Call the Italian consulate in the US, explain the situation. In the end it's the discretion of the customs official. Also when we have flown through Europe to Morocco, my husband has always had to present his greencard with his passport, both going and leaving. Other posters are right in the sense that holding a GC doesn't mean you have the same status as a USC passport holder, however I believe that most countries are more willing to allow for the transit visa if you are holidng a GC, as there is less "flight" risk....

thanks but what happened is regular flight cancelled we have to take earlier one leaving tomorrow so can not call counsulate cause taking train tonight. i will not fly alitilia again they cancelled flight and did not notify orbitz or me luckily i looked at travel info and saw flight from morocco to italy was not listed. this is only other flight with 14 hour layover. the other flight only had 3 hour wait