11 posts in this topic

Hiya everyone! Ok I kind of need some advice on this matter. When I joined this site in January, although I knew in my heart that I would end up marrying Ian, I still didn't have a proposal or anything like that. So instead of being presumtuous, I used my legal name which unfortunately has my ex hubby's name attached. Ian says that it doesn't bother him that I have my previous name on here, but I know it bothers him to see my ex's name attached with the way he acts, and how he was upset when I filed the I-130 originally I was going to use the same name due to the fact that my passport, and drivers license can't be changed legally until I get back to the states. So I ended up changing it and taking the risk of using my current married name. Now I want to know if I can adjust my VJ name without going through the whole registration process?! If so, how the hell do I do it?? lol. I appreciate all input on this matter. Keep in mind, once I have to go back to the states on my own, I won't have a computer so Ian will still be coming on here. I don't want him coming on with my old married name.

Thank you...

Laura Mitchell

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Hi Laura,

There's nothing unreasonable about your request... the whole 'legal name' thing can be complicated and people have very strong feelings about it. I've kept my married name, and David has agreed to allow me to keep it even when he and I are married. I have two daughters and I fell pretty strongly about keeping my last name the same as theirs, at least until they are married and have changed their own names.... Part of it is a bit selfish/silly too... I don't want my ex's new wife to be the (only) one to have the girls' last name. It's not a 'feminist' thing... it's personal.

I'm not sure you can change it here without "starting all over".... I'd pm the Capt. and ask if he can do some sort of 'find/replace' thing.... and perform some administrative magic...??

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

All the boards I've ever been on did not allow you to do this. Meaning you'd have to register all over again with the name you want and have your current one deleted (or just let it 'die').

But I'd PM the Ewok and ask him for sure!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Doesn't the American Consulate there change names on passports? You are in the UK, right? When I lived there; the Consulate did all that type of servicing for USCs.

edit-obviously they won't change your drivers license, though!

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Doesn't the American Consulate there change names on passports? You are in the UK, right? When I lived there; the Consulate did all that type of servicing for USCs.

edit-obviously they won't change your drivers license, though!

REALLY??? How do I do that?? But then again, will it effect my visa that I had to goto NY for??? It was a visit for marriage visa and is good until September. What do you think??

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Capt Ewok CAN change your name, it's definately in the admin options, because I was registered as HuffyTheCampfireSlayer, but he PMed me to tell me the name was too long and he was shortening it to HuffyTheSlayer. But to let him know if I wanted something else.

But whether or not you can change the name depends on the board rules. We don't allow people to do it on a board I admin on, but that's because people then get confused as to who the person is. But hopefully Capt. Ewok will do it for you here, since the circumstances are a little different to the ones on other message boards. :)

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

QUOTE----REALLY??? How do I do that?? But then again, will it effect my visa that I had to goto NY for??? It was a visit for marriage visa and is good until September. What do you think??---END QUOTE

Things have changed alittle

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/acs/p...amendindex.html

edit-But it looks like they will process the change-but issue a new passport instead of just amending the old one, which might create hassle as far as any visas ( you may have in there for the UK).

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

• Congratulations on a successful membername change.
    (I think you had very valid reasons.)
Display Name History

• adamlovesamber4ha.gif

Timeline

--------------------

January 19 2006 I-129F sent to TSC (Day 1)

- (Subsequently transferred to CSC)

January 27 2006-NOA1 (Day 9)

January to April - Tried to keep her patient and calm as we waited!

April 17 2006 - NOA2 (Day 89)

... 91 days ...

July 17 2006 - NVC ~ After 91 days, FINALLY received by NVC! (Day 180)

July 21 to August 8 2006 - Flew down to visit Amber in Florida (ZERO problems at border)

Jul 25 2006 - Packet 3 received

August - ABANDONED PROCESS

How many DAYS has it been since you sent in your application?

Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html