Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Are you guys counting the weekends? I am

For the 36 number yes I am but to be fair to NVC we actually shouldn't count weekends and holidays. Without counting these I believe I am only at 26 Business days. But it still FEELS like 36 days because it is!

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Are you guys counting the weekends? I am

For the 36 number yes I am but to be fair to NVC we actually shouldn't count weekends and holidays. Without counting these I believe I am only at 26 Business days. But it still FEELS like 36 days because it is!

I counted weekends also

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

I wonder what happens to the 4 month validity of this visa, all this time wasted, wouldn't it get too close to the expiration specially that this is not the end of the road?

Provision is made for this. I am not sure whether differing embassy's make different provisions for this happening or whether a catch all system is applied to those cases that are held up. For example, in London, should the NOA 2 expire, a newly produced and notarized letter of intent is required.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
I wonder what happens to the 4 month validity of this visa, all this time wasted, wouldn't it get too close to the expiration specially that this is not the end of the road?

The visa, once issued, is valid for six months, not four. The petition, once approved, is valid four months (start counting from your NOA2 date). However, it cannot and won't expire as long as it is being processed by (or just sitting at) USCIS, NVC or an Embassy. They'll just automatically extend it.

Example: our petition (NOA2) was going to expire on the 12th of April. We were stuck at NVC for 50-ish days and then, on top of that, rescheduled our interview from March 12th to April 8th. My visa is valid through Oct 7th.

You don't need to worry about your case expiration date - it won't expire. Once your visa is issued, it'll be valid for 6 months. Whenever, during that timeframe, you enter the US, your visa becomes invalid and you have 90 days to get done with your business (marrying/AOS-ing, leaving.. whatever rocks your boat!).

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline

If, for a valid reason (they didn't really list what those would be, when we asked), even the petitioner and/or beneficiary can ask for a NOA2 extension, once the case reaches the Embassy level. We were about to do that, but the Embassy found a way to 'squeeze us' into their schedule when we asked for the initial interview (March 12th) to be postponed. They decided to do that, they said, because it was easier for them than doing all the paperwork that's required for an NOA2 extension.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The visa, once issued, is valid for six months, not four. The petition, once approved, is valid four months (start counting from your NOA2 date). However, it cannot and won't expire as long as it is being processed by (or just sitting at) USCIS, NVC or an Embassy. They'll just automatically extend it.

Example: our petition (NOA2) was going to expire on the 12th of April. We were stuck at NVC for 50-ish days and then, on top of that, rescheduled our interview from March 12th to April 8th. My visa is valid through Oct 7th.

You don't need to worry about your case expiration date - it won't expire. Once your visa is issued, it'll be valid for 6 months. Whenever, during that timeframe, you enter the US, your visa becomes invalid and you have 90 days to get done with your business (marrying/AOS-ing, leaving.. whatever rocks your boat!).

Good luck mikef, slujon, wasabi, Matt & Bing.... shouldn't be long for you guys now.... you're all in the home stretch for release!

Badgerella - we're certainly counting on what you're saying to be correct, that they automatically extend the validity of the NOA2 as long as it's delayed in THEIR hands (USCIS/NVC/DOS) beyond the 4 month period.

We had our NOA2 on Jan 14. We're coming up to the 4 month mark in 2 weeks, May 14.

We got out of NVC on March 13 but we're STILL!! stuck at Bangkok embassy waiting for an interview date. At this rate our "stuck at embassy to get an interview date" time is rivaling our "stuck AP@NVC" time. Pathetic. If I allowed myself to dwell on it I'd just get depressed and angry. So I try hard not to. Anyway, really hoping that they don't come back to tell us that our petition is expired because we've passed the May 14 date due to THEIR delays. That will make me explode. :ranting:

I hope next week brings good news to you all in terms of release dates.

Ron - maybe you could e-mail them about your expiry date. It might highlight to them that you were stuck at the NVC for a long time and they may bump you up the pile a bit for your interview date.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

Late yesterday afternoon I emailed my congressman knowing that no one would even look at it, if they in fact do read constituent emails, until Monday--if I'm lucky. I for one have no patience for lazy uncaring bureaucrats (not all are that way but they have that reputation). If my email is read on Monday it will be the four week mark of being stuck in NVC. I asked him to please see what he could do to expedite my case. It'll probably bite me in the butt because in other matters in my profession I have done this and sometimes it only irritates those government staff members when they are called on the carpet and they tend to slow it down even more. My email was polite and to the point and not hyperbole. You can get more with honey than you can with vinegar. Should I get any movement I'll be sure and post the results here of course. I feel that in this day and age of computers, databases of everything imaginable and nearly instant everything there is no earthly reason why a background check can't be done in days (if not less) rather than weeks and months. Obviously not all cases are the same but I and my fiancee don't have any legal issues in our past so to me it's inconceivable that a background check--if that's what they are actually doing--should take so long (why the secrecy too about what they are doing with these cases?). Hell, when I was hired at a job not that long ago my employer was able to check my background--criminally and otherwise--in two days. I say why can't the government be equally efficient? I wish you all the best of luck and God speed. If this exercise turns out to be positive I'll surely let you all know.

Take care,

Grace & Steven

Timeline
Badgerella - we're certainly counting on what you're saying to be correct, that they automatically extend the validity of the NOA2 as long as it's delayed in THEIR hands (USCIS/NVC/DOS) beyond the 4 month period.

We had our NOA2 on Jan 14. We're coming up to the 4 month mark in 2 weeks, May 14.

We got out of NVC on March 13 but we're STILL!! stuck at Bangkok embassy waiting for an interview date. At this rate our "stuck at embassy to get an interview date" time is rivaling our "stuck AP@NVC" time. Pathetic. If I allowed myself to dwell on it I'd just get depressed and angry. So I try hard not to. Anyway, really hoping that they don't come back to tell us that our petition is expired because we've passed the May 14 date due to THEIR delays. That will make me explode. :ranting:

It's the information I got from the staff at NVC, as well as the Embassy. We were scared something would go wrong, at any point of the process and that we'd end up with an interview date and an expired petition, or anything along the lines of 'harro thar, you're screw*d'. So, once we knew the petition was on its way to Croatia, we shifted to calling/emailing the Embassy. Just to be sure, or to have at least some sort of spoken or written.. or any proof.

I'd also advise you to try to contact the USEM in Bangkok, if anything, to make yourself feel better about it. It was probably really easy for us to do so, though, because it seems that here in Croatia people don't really apply for anything but tourist, student or work visas. For any even remotely immigrant related things, there's pretty much no waiting and, when you call them, they know you by your name.

Either way, good luck! I hope you'll get your interview date soon!

Steve and Grace, I'm afraid your congressman, or anyone else for that matter, won't be able to do anything at this level. You'll just have to wait it out.

Good luck!

Edited by Badgerella

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'd also advise you to try to contact the USEM in Bangkok, if anything, to make yourself feel better about it. It was probably really easy for us to do so, though, because it seems that here in Croatia people don't really apply for anything but tourist, student or work visas. For any even remotely immigrant related things, there's pretty much no waiting and, when you call them, they know you by your name.

Steve and Grace, I'm afraid your congressman, or anyone else for that matter, won't be able to do anything at this level. You'll just have to wait it out.

Good luck!

Thanks Badgerella. We of course have been emailing the BKK embassy regularly. They only respond to emails, not calls. Their IV Unit handles a much larger volume of casework than does the Croatian embassy, obviously. My fiancee is active on a immigration related website similar to VJ, but in the Thai language for people in Thailand who are navigating the process. According to the buzz on that side the embassy seems to have just stopped issuing interview appointments. Nobody has received an appointment for the past 4 weeks or so. So there's really not much more to do but wait.

Steve & Grace - as Badgerella says - most likely you'll just need to wait. At least the NVC times seem to have come down a bit, so there's a good chance your wait won't be too much longer.

Good luck!

Thanks Badgerella. We of course have been emailing the BKK embassy regularly. They only respond to emails, not calls. Their IV Unit handles a much larger volume of casework than does the Croatian embassy, obviously. My fiancee is active on a immigration related website similar to VJ, but in the Thai language for people in Thailand who are navigating the process. According to the buzz on that side the embassy seems to have just stopped issuing interview appointments. Nobody has received an appointment for the past 4 weeks or so. So there's really not much more to do but wait.

Steve & Grace - as Badgerella says - most likely you'll just need to wait. At least the NVC times seem to have come down a bit, so there's a good chance your wait won't be too much longer.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......I am so sorry after all of this, that they are not issuing dates. I swear, I am never going through this process again. All the blooming stress has white hairs cropping up all over my head. I'm only 26!!!

Good luck Ron. I hope BKK pulls its finger out soon.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

he guys was your 36 days in NVC including weekends or just workdays?

Good luck!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......I am so sorry after all of this, that they are not issuing dates. I swear, I am never going through this process again. All the blooming stress has white hairs cropping up all over my head. I'm only 26!!!

Good luck Ron. I hope BKK pulls its finger out soon.

he guys was your 36 days in NVC including weekends or just workdays?

I'm sure they all include weekends.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.