Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:energy: GOOD MORNING...... Lets all give out positive energy this week that we will get good news from NVC saying we are out of AP :energy:

I say it everyday!

I think they are on holiday though...

a couple of people that posted here before are now out of AP..... maybe we are next, are you calling today?

Hi. They are not on holiday.....I just called and had some great news! We are out and the case is on route to the embassy.

I'll stick around though, you won't be alone.

Congratulations! Maybe there is hope for us all.

How long did they delay you at NVC?

Marmite was at NVC since Nov 7th...WOW that's about a six weeks delay for them.

We called tonight...still no good news for us...

Timeline

Hi Miss jane,

Welcome!! If you call NVC again ask them if you are on Administrative Processing, we are all stuck there, but some have left after a few weeks of being held up at NVC...lets keep each other company here and update one another.

Edited by Sweetjuly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:energy: GOOD MORNING...... Lets all give out positive energy this week that we will get good news from NVC saying we are out of AP :energy:

I say it everyday!

a couple of people that posted here before are now out of AP..... maybe we are next, are you calling today?

Hi. They are not on holiday.....I just called and had some great news! We are out and the case is on route to the embassy.

Congratulations! Maybe there is hope for us all.

How long did they delay you at NVC?

Thanks! 5 weeks in total. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I say it everyday!

OH MY GOD!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I told you I could sense it, that positive energy worked.hehehehe :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: OH man, lots of dance to you, hope we are all next!

I KNOW RIGHT!!?!??! I concentrated hard on it tonight during meditation - must have worked! :star:

You guys please hang in there. I thought I'd have to wait forever.

Congrats for the ones who got out of AP!

Seems like the delay is just a few weeks for most cases!!

Sorry to hear that your husband is stuck for over a year and a half. I really hate that we don't have any rights as beneficiaries since we are not USCs. But that's the US! Ridiculous.

Timeline

we are soooo happy for you Marmite.... keeping my fingers crossed that we will follow soon. As much as we try to stay positive, it does take a toll on us mentally and physically after a while. Oh well, I guess there really isnt much we can do, at least we have a glimmer of hope now that you are out of that Dark Hole!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hey guys...

i guess im the newest AP guy around here...i just called NVC and ive been told that i have an AP on my case,that's quite a christamas gift from them...

Anyway, i just wanted to ask you guys like ,from your experience, how long can this waiting for this AP to get solved at NVC can last ? how much time did other people wait? i just want to know the average period, because we already set the wedding date and we are kinda behind with the scheduale anyway after 2 RFEs at USCIS...

Nate

In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

hey guys...

i guess im the newest AP guy around here...i just called NVC and ive been told that i have an AP on my case,that's quite a christamas gift from them...

Anyway, i just wanted to ask you guys like ,from your experience, how long can this waiting for this AP to get solved at NVC can last ? how much time did other people wait? i just want to know the average period, because we already set the wedding date and we are kinda behind with the scheduale anyway after 2 RFEs at USCIS...

Nate

Welcome Nate...and I really wish I could answer your question. Some people are in and out in a couple of days, and some of us are waiting all lengths of time. MarmiteLover was there five weeks, and we are there a couple days short of that and still waiting. Some are there longer.

I guess it has to to with whatever they are checking up on, and so every case is different. You're very welcome to hang out here while you wait, and perhaps as one by one they let us out you can get a rough idea of time frames.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Welcome Nate...

When did NVC receive your file? I have been there since the 18th of November and so the wait continues for a lot of us here. It makes me feel better knowing I wasnt sigled out hehehe, and that there are other people in our situation. HAPPY HOLIDAYS Everyone :goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

NVC received my case on December 8 or so...

so it looks like im looking at a one month and a half delay time...

hmmm...it's ok... everything is under His control... ;)

In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

Timeline
NVC received my case on December 8 or so...

so it looks like im looking at a one month and a half delay time...

hmmm...it's ok... everything is under His control... ;)

Yes, youre absolutely right!!

There really isnt anything we can do to speed the process. Ive learned to be a little more patient thru this process. Worst Ive seen for K1 in AP at NVC was 3 months, but I thinks that had something to do with IMBRA at the time. most go thru within 2-6 weeks.... stick with us here so we can keep track of our progress.

I've come to join you all, NVC have had our case since 4th December, they told me on Monday that we are in AP - though they didn't give a date when our case went to AP

Happy Christmas to you all and here's hoping the New Year brings us better fortune with the visa process:)

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

I've come to join you all, NVC have had our case since 4th December, they told me on Monday that we are in AP - though they didn't give a date when our case went to AP

Happy Christmas to you all and here's hoping the New Year brings us better fortune with the visa process:)

Welcome! We're a small group, thankfully, but it's nice to have company during the process. We've been at NVC since November 19th, in AP since the 21st November ...and holding. Just a couple of days off 5 weeks.

Happy Christmas!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.