JennaLyn

i'm also new

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

First of all...hello to everyone *waves* my name is Jennifer I am 35 I live just south of Boston, Massachusetts...I met my boyfriend online back in May of this year...he lives in Ottawa, Ontario Canada...we met online in May..met in person in Mid June...he then came back again in July for 5 days...I went to Ottawa for a week..he came back again in Sept for 2 wks..then back again in October and he is still here.

We are totally lost as to what to do next. His 90 days will be up right after the new year and he will have to go back to Canada. He has been looking for work here in the States...he is a graphic designer, and has worked in the States before via a TN visa. And he's been trying to find a job that might make him eligible for another TN visa...because that's all we know.

We do not want to get married right now just so he could obtain a visa and then a green card. I have no idea where to post these questions I have..I have been on forums before but all these K1's and AOS things are making me dizzy!! :bonk:

So please, if anyone can help us...I would so appreciate it. I admit I am so afraid that he won't be allowed back. This last trip he was denied entry and had to go home...they wanted proof of his residence in Canada and proof of Financial support..once they got that (few days later) they allowed him in.

I am not the only one who has fallen in love with this man, my children and my family has as well. And we all have been banging our heads against a wall trying to find out what to do!!

So please, please, please!! HELP US!!

and if I posted this in the wrong spot...my apologies in advance!!

Enjoy your day!!

Jenna

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
We do not want to get married right now just so he could obtain a visa and then a green card. I have no idea where to post these questions I have..I have been on forums before but all these K1's and AOS things are making me dizzy!!

Neither did my husband or I, but that's life. I ended up moving to Germany because of their looser spousal immigration laws and we got married within a few months of that. We didn't die, four years later.

Welcome to VJ! Be sure to stop by the Canada regional forum.

Edited by Wacken

Welcome to VJ:)

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

welcome to the jungle..

:oops: i mean VJ! :lol:

hoping for your smooth journey.. :dance:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Welcome JennaLyn! First you need to read the Guides above, that outline all the different visas. Forget about AOS right now. Decide what's best for YOU TWO. Being a Canadian, your fiance can visit up to 6 months a year. He does have to show clear evidence of his ties to Canada. Agreed, if he can't, they probably won't let him visit because they'll think he's trying to immigrate. Lease agreements, letter from his employer, utility statements, copies of appointment letters, registration in school...there are lots of ways to show and bring proof of your ties to Canada when visiting. Above all, be honest.

Here's the link to the Canada forum. You really should stop by.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

Best of luck in whatever route you choose to go! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Welcome here!

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment