w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Cops: Teen female caregivers spat on, spanked, humiliated infirm elderly

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Cops: Female caregivers spat on, spanked, humiliated infirm elderly

1202081inside1.jpg

DECEMBER 2--A group of teenagers working at a Minnesota nursing home abused and sexually humiliated elderly residents suffering from Alzheimer's disease and dementia, prosecutors allege. The six young female caregivers were named yesterday in criminal complaints charging them with a variety of cruel behavior at the Good Samaritan Society nursing home in Albert Lea, a city in southern Minnesota. Only two of those charged--Brianna Broitzman, 19, and Ashton Larson, 18--are named in the complaints since they were not minors when the alleged abuse occurred. According to District Court complaints filed against Broitzman (pictured above left) and Larson (above right), nursing home residents were spat upon, spanked, improperly touched, and tormented by the teenagers earlier this year. Excerpts of the misdemeanor complaints can be found below. Broitzman allegedly poked one resident's breasts, spit into the mouth of another elderly person, and "put her bare butt" in the face of a Good Samaritan Society resident identified as "S.W." Larson once "inserted her finger into a resident's rectum," spit water on another "vulnerable adult," and would deliberately bathe a resident in a rough manner so the elderly man would get an erection. The minor caregivers are identified in the complaints by their initials and dates of birth. Broitzman, charged with 11 criminal counts, and Larson, charged with 10 counts, face a year in jail or up to a year in jail on each of the raps.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...02081minn1.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

1202081inside1.jpg

DECEMBER 2--A group of teenagers working at a Minnesota nursing home abused and sexually humiliated elderly residents suffering from Alzheimer's disease and dementia, prosecutors allege. The six young female caregivers were named yesterday in criminal complaints charging them with a variety of cruel behavior at the Good Samaritan Society nursing home in Albert Lea, a city in southern Minnesota. Only two of those charged--Brianna Broitzman, 19, and Ashton Larson, 18--are named in the complaints since they were not minors when the alleged abuse occurred. According to District Court complaints filed against Broitzman (pictured above left) and Larson (above right), nursing home residents were spat upon, spanked, improperly touched, and tormented by the teenagers earlier this year. Excerpts of the misdemeanor complaints can be found below. Broitzman allegedly poked one resident's breasts, spit into the mouth of another elderly person, and "put her bare butt" in the face of a Good Samaritan Society resident identified as "S.W." Larson once "inserted her finger into a resident's rectum," spit water on another "vulnerable adult," and would deliberately bathe a resident in a rough manner so the elderly man would get an erection. The minor caregivers are identified in the complaints by their initials and dates of birth. Broitzman, charged with 11 criminal counts, and Larson, charged with 10 counts, face a year in jail or up to a year in jail on each of the raps.

Not to be cruel (because what these teens did was obviously wrong and deserves prosecution), but if the residents of this nursing home are afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia, how well would -- or could -- they even recall these incidents? :unsure:

I could see many of these events occurring, except for the "finger in the rectum" situation. Why would any woman -- much less a teenager, many of whom find those older than themselves to be somewhat disgusting -- poke her finger into an unknown adult's rectum? :blink:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

These kids! The point of having people watch over the elderly is to care for them when they need. Working with the elderly requires the most patience in the world. If you don't have them, don't work for them.

Edited by Niels Bohr

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

I'm a Long Term Care Ombudsman, and handle abuse complaints from nursing home residents. Many people with dementia and alzheimers disease have lucid moments. Even if they're not lucid when recalling these incidents, they must be investigated just like child abuse accusations. Unfortunately some of these elderly residents are specifically targetted because the offender does not think anyone will believe the resident if they report, or talk about the abuse.

What reprehensible behaviour these teens were involved in! :angry:

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
According to District Court complaints filed against Broitzman (pictured above left) and Larson (above right), nursing home residents were spat upon, spanked, improperly touched, and tormented by the teenagers earlier this year. Excerpts of the misdemeanor complaints can be found below. Broitzman allegedly poked one resident's breasts, spit into the mouth of another elderly person, and "put her bare butt" in the face of a Good Samaritan Society resident identified as "S.W." Larson once "inserted her finger into a resident's rectum," spit water on another "vulnerable adult," and would deliberately bathe a resident in a rough manner so the elderly man would get an erection.

While I don't condone the girls' behavior on helpless old people, if I still have my mental faculities in my old age, I might get a kick out of being spanked and improperly touched by teenage girls especially if I retaliated by giving them a dose of their own medicine. I'd just blame it on my dementia.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1202081inside1.jpg

Not to be cruel (because what these teens did was obviously wrong and deserves prosecution), but if the residents of this nursing home are afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia, how well would -- or could -- they even recall these incidents? :unsure:

Not to be dumbfounded - but is that a serious question?

Gotta love these "isolated incidents" hey.

PS Also interesting considering I recently read a study indicating that Generation Y tends to be a self-centered generation who lacks empathy, self-awareness and thoughtfulness.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Gotta love these "isolated incidents" hey.

PS Also interesting considering I recently read a study indicating that Generation Y tends to be a self-centered generation who lacks empathy, self-awareness and thoughtfulness.

If you're going to quote me - it would be nice if for once you'd manage to get your contexts right. As I've told you countless times - the ever-present media that we have today is what raises awareness about things like this. You can't logically convince anyone that these things are commonplace simply on the basis of sensationalist headlines.

You seem to be of the opinion that the good 'ole days of the 1950's (which you have not experienced outside of 3rd party anecdotes) were entirely free of problems, crime or scandal.

Edited by Paul Daniels

If you're going to quote me - it would be nice if for once you'd manage to get your contexts right. As I've told you countless times - the ever-present media that we have today is what raises awareness about things like this. You can't logically convince anyone that these things are commonplace simply on the basis of sensationalist headlines.

You seem to be of the opinion that the good 'ole days of the 1950's (which you have not experienced outside of 3rd party anecdotes) were entirely free of problems, crime or scandal.

Oh that is right six. It is the media fault. Gezz man..

Yes, because obviously people who lived during those times must have been delusional unlike you the oh so knowledgeable one. Can you see all of the graffiti, for example, that was on buildings back then? Oh wait think like six, "They media didn't take photos of buildings back then". No #### Sherlock as there was no need to. Kids actually cared about others and did not tag up the buildings.

I see this lack of empathy for others everyday when I look at teenagers. As a teenager I would never dare to stare down an adult. Whereas nowadays even little kids will give you the who the #### are you look. Does this mean they are all like this, of course not. But due to their environment and circumstances as a generation where most things have come easy and parents have put their kids on a pedestal, it is not hard to see why kids are so self centered.

I'll give you another example. When I was growing up I was warned to look out for cars and never run on the road. If I did so I was punished. Whereas nowadays we get a letter from the HOA saying slow down and watch for the kids running on the road. Not a hey you need to watch your kids and teach them to look out for cars traveling on a road. ####### has happened to parents these days. Now my neighbor is a young couple yet old school and has taught their kids to look out for cars and watch themselves. I commend them for that. To stir up ####, I went to the HOA meeting and raised my concern. I made it clear to other parents that I would run the #### over if they jumped out in front of the car and expect me to stop for them.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

If you didn't live in the time you are referencing you have no context for what it was really like, outside of the subjective opinions of people who did.

There have always been bad or irresponsible parents, just as there have always been badly behaved / delinquent children.

If you didn't live in the time you are referencing you have no context for what it was really like, outside of the subjective opinions of people who did.

There have always been bad or irresponsible parents, just as there have always been badly behaved / delinquent children.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. If you don't see or comprehend how kids brought up in a generation struggling to put food on the table would be different to those where a $400 console is a given, we'll leave it at that.

Timeline

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. If you don't see or comprehend how kids brought up in a generation struggling to put food on the table would be different to those where a $400 console is a given, we'll leave it at that.

Obviously :rolleyes:

There are of course, plenty of people today who struggle to put food on the table.

So presumably all of today's social problems are the work of bored rich kids...