Eric-Pris

K-2 interview report (Costa Rica)

6 posts in this topic

My wife came to the US in May on a K-1 and we got married shortly thereafter. Now, we came back to Costa Rica to pick up her two little girls (3 and 5).

The K-2 interview was different than the K-1 interview for us. We were only asked 3 questions:

1. Have we settled in well in the US?

2. Are we all set to bring the girls home?

3. Do the girls have any health problems?

Then he said "everything looks good" and approved us. He asked us to sit and we'd be called up to tell us when to come pick up the passports.

The whole interview lasted about 8 minutes, with most of the time him reviewing the paperwork. We arrived 11:55am and left at 1:30pm. We waited about an hour after getting our number. Then once we turned in all the paperwork to the screener, we were called up to the window within 15-20 minutes. There were people waiting who came before us, but they called us up fast, probably because we had the kids with us. They know kids get impatient fast and start making noise, so they wanted to get rid of us. :rofl: We're going home on Thursday.

My wife came to the US in May on a K-1 and we got married shortly thereafter. Now, we came back to Costa Rica to pick up her two little girls (3 and 5).

The K-2 interview was different than the K-1 interview for us. We were only asked 3 questions:

Then he said "everything looks good" and approved us. He asked us to sit and we'd be called up to tell us when to come pick up the passports.

The whole interview lasted about 8 minutes, with most of the time him reviewing the paperwork. We arrived 11:55am and left at 1:30pm. We waited about an hour after getting our number. Then once we turned in all the paperwork to the screener, we were called up to the window within 15-20 minutes. There were people waiting who came before us, but they called us up fast, probably because we had the kids with us. They know kids get impatient fast and start making noise, so they wanted to get rid of us. :rofl: We're going home on Thursday.

Congratulations!!

Our K-1 Timeline

01/12/08: Attorney mailed petition to CSC

01/22/08: NOA1

05/27/08: NOA2

06/03/08: NVC received

06/04/08: NVC forwarded to Rio de Janeiro consulate

06/09/08: Consulate received

06/23/08: Packet 3 sent

08/19/08: Interview!! (Approved!!)

08/27/08: Visa in hand

09/12/08: POE (Washington DC)

09/25/08: Applied for Social Security card

10/06/08: Social Security card received

11/12/08: Marriage!!

AOS Timeline

03/21/09: Mailed AOS docs to Chicago

03/23/09: AOS packet received in Chicago

03/31/09: NOA1

04/03/09: NOA1 Received (His Birthday!!)

04/17/09: Received notice that our case was transferred to CSC on 4/13/09

04/17/09: My case has been entered into the USCIS system!!

04/23/09: Biometrics appointment

05/11/09: AP approved

05/12/09: Case arrived at CSC for further processing

05/13/09: EAD approved

05/13/09: AOS Touched

05/14/09: AP received

05/15/09: EAD card received

06/25/09: Card production ordered

07/06/09: Approval notice sent

07/06/09: Card Received!!!

Removal of Conditions

03/23/11: Will mail I-751

Citizenship

03/23/12: Will mail N-400

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there congrats :thumbs: i wish you the best of luck in the us. i see that you did the k2 visa can i ask you when you went for your interview did they give you k2 visa at the same time they give you the k1 and did you have to pay the same fee for the k1 and k2 visa meaing did you fay a fee for each child visas your help will be nice thanks and i wish you all the best thanks

hi there congrats :thumbs: i wish you the best of luck in the us. i see that you did the k2 visa can i ask you when you went for your interview did they give you k2 visa at the same time they give you the k1 and did you have to pay the same fee for the k1 and k2 visa meaing did you fay a fee for each child visas your help will be nice thanks and i wish you all the best thanks

Thanks.

My wife got her K-1 visa in April and came to the US in May alone. We decided to leave her girls with her parents until we were ready to pick them up, so we came a couple of weeks ago and got the medicals done and packet III forms completed.

The k-1 and k-2 process is virtually the same once the petition gets to the embassy. You can do the fiancee and kids at the same time or you can choose to have the kids "follow to join" you at a later time (within 1 year).

Whether you decide to do them at the same time or follow to join, they need to fulfill the same requirements and pay the same visa fee ($131 each person). The only difference is that kids (under 14 I think) do not need a chest x-ray, bloodwork, or HIV test. They just need a medical exam.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks.

My wife got her K-1 visa in April and came to the US in May alone. We decided to leave her girls with her parents until we were ready to pick them up, so we came a couple of weeks ago and got the medicals done and packet III forms completed.

The k-1 and k-2 process is virtually the same once the petition gets to the embassy. You can do the fiancee and kids at the same time or you can choose to have the kids "follow to join" you at a later time (within 1 year).

Whether you decide to do them at the same time or follow to join, they need to fulfill the same requirements and pay the same visa fee ($131 each person). The only difference is that kids (under 14 I think) do not need a chest x-ray, bloodwork, or HIV test. They just need a medical exam.

thanks for the info you have bin a good help to me thanks very much, i think i will do the k1 and k2 at the same time and have my fiancee and child come to the us at the same time i will give you up dated my visa journey you have bin kind thanks :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.