TonyDanza

Please Quickyl Help. RFE Question!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All.

To sum it up I got a yellow RFE regarding my sponsor and joint sponsor. The three check boxes were...

1-In order to process your application further the petitioner/sponsor on form i-864 Affidavit of Support must submit all federal income tax documents submitted to the Internal Revenue Service for the most recent tax year.

2-In order to process your application further the joint petitioner/sponsor on form i-864 Affidavit of Support must submit all federal income tax documents submitted to the Internal Revenue Service for the most recent tax year.

3-The joint sponsors income on the federal income tax return does not meet or exceed 125% of the poverty guideline. The joint sponsor lists their current income on form i-864 as an amount to be considered as sufficient; however no evidence has been submitted as proof of current income.

In order to process your application further submit evidence of joint sponsors income. Such evidence should include...

Letter of Employment.

Pay Stubs.

OK. So on 1 and 2 I had previously submitted just a one page tax return summary which had their name, Social, and tax paid summary for the most recent year. Thought that was all I needed! Clearly not. So now i have photocopies of all their previous year tax dealings which I will mail in. For the most recent year. Thanks to the advice about IRS Faxing!!! Never wait for them to mail I was told. And changed it Fri to fax! They never initially offered that and I should have asked.

But the funny one is 3. It even contradicts itself!? I mean, who is typing these things? Anyway I mads an example letter of employment and am going to have his boss sign it. Thing is, he makes well over $100,000 grand a year but no pay stubs as he is a real estate broker. Letter of employment looks like this....

RE: Employment Verification For Bruce Beni.

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that _________ is currently employed with ___________ in ____________ and has been since May 2006 on a full time basis as a real estate agent. His salary exceeds $100,000/yr. Mr.____________ current employment is stable and is likely to continue far into the future.

Please feel free to contact us should your office require any additional information.

Sincerely,

Think this is all these bozos need? Am I missing anything. Did I mess up anything else and am not seeing it? Thanks ALL SO MUCH!

03/04/2007 Entered as Canadian Visitor (no i-94 issued)

07/23/2008 Married in Las Vegas, NV.

10/03/2008 Mailed i-130, i-485, EAD to Chicago.

10/10/2008 AOS packet accepted & signed for.

11/02/2008 Received 2 NOA's, one for each application.

11/29/2008 Received a Yellow RFE regarding i-485. (Need additional Tax Info.)

12/10/2008 Mailed back RFE with required material from sponsor and joint sponsor. Sent Priority.

01/14/2009 Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Notice.

01/01/2009 ASC Biometrics Appointment Completed.

Hi All.

To sum it up I got a yellow RFE regarding my sponsor and joint sponsor. The three check boxes were...

1-In order to process your application further the petitioner/sponsor on form i-864 Affidavit of Support must submit all federal income tax documents submitted to the Internal Revenue Service for the most recent tax year. Keep in mind - they want all the documents submitted to the IRS; including supporting documents such as 1099's and/or W-2's. Not just a copy of the return itself.

2-In order to process your application further the joint petitioner/sponsor on form i-864 Affidavit of Support must submit all federal income tax documents submitted to the Internal Revenue Service for the most recent tax year. Keep in mind - they want all the documents submitted to the IRS; including supporting documents such as 1099's and/or W-2's. Not just a copy of the return itself.

3-The joint sponsors income on the federal income tax return does not meet or exceed 125% of the poverty guideline. The joint sponsor lists their current income on form i-864 as an amount to be considered as sufficient; however no evidence has been submitted as proof of current income. They're saying whatever proof was sent, doesn't back up what is on the I-864).

In order to process your application further submit evidence of joint sponsors income. Such evidence should include...

Letter of Employment.

Pay Stubs.Realtors/Brokers get checks too. And they file (or should) plenty of taxes.

OK. So on 1 and 2 I had previously submitted just a one page tax return summary which had their name, Social, and tax paid summary for the most recent year. Thought that was all I needed! Clearly not. So now i have photocopies of all their previous year tax dealings which I will mail in. For the most recent year. Thanks to the advice about IRS Faxing!!! Never wait for them to mail I was told. And changed it Fri to fax! They never initially offered that and I should have asked.

But the funny one is 3. It even contradicts itself!? I mean, who is typing these things? Anyway I mads an example letter of employment and am going to have his boss sign it. Thing is, he makes well over $100,000 grand a year but no pay stubs as he is a real estate broker. Letter of employment looks like this....

Timeline

Thankyou! ;)

12/10/2008 Mailed back RFE with required material from sponsor and joint sponsor. Sent Priority.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yep. What she said was exactly what I was going to say.

Good luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would be leary that your Real Estate Broker sponsor is actually "SELF EMPLOYED".... and therefore you may have a three year income tax return document requirement

YMMV

I would be leary that your Real Estate Broker sponsor is actually "SELF EMPLOYED".... and therefore you may have a three year income tax return document requirement

Agree - 3 years worth for self-employed. :thumbs:

Timeline

Oh no!!!! I just mailed it off! :help:

Here is the situation. I included his last year of tax filings. He said he is 'employed' by his real estate agency, but that he is self employed. He called it more of an 'affiliation'. He doesn't understand that EVERY tiny detail matters and calls it semantics which is hard to hear for me because I am the one going through the realities and frustration of the process. Details always matter with the government.

So I am pretty sure on the i-864 that he checked the 'employed' box. He is a real estate broker. I added his most recent year of tax filings to the RFE and sent it back WITH a letter of employment which said "He works with Killen Real Estate as a broker making ________ and has since....' etc.

This now seems to be a very poor idea to have had a Real Estate Broker help me on this as it is compounding what otherwise could have been a very easy process.

Could you guys elaborate on the 'past 3 years if real estate agent/self employed?' I mean he is not self employed and at the same time is. I am sounding stupid now ;)

I am trying to keep a smiley face on as the massive disappointment at reading this thread 10 min after I mailed back my RFE, realizing the potential for an additional month delay now after that first RFE, in finding out I potentially have to file his past 3 years rather than past year! ;(

I mean, if one makes well above 125%, I mean well into 6 figures here, it is crazy to even have to go back 3 years. He would logically have way more to 'cover' me than a person who makes just above the 125% guideline, and has scraped by on that for the past 3 years! The one year 6 figure salary is STILL more! ;/

My frustration oozes onto the keyboard.

I'm sorry.

Edited by TonyDanza

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Oh no!!!! I just mailed it off! :help:

Here is the situation. I included his last year of tax filings. He said he is 'employed' by his real estate agency, but that he is self employed. He called it more of an 'affiliation'. He doesn't understand that EVERY tiny detail matters and calls it semantics which is hard to hear for me because I am the one going through the realities and frustration of the process. Details always matter with the government.

So I am pretty sure on the i-864 that he checked the 'employed' box. He is a real estate broker. I added his most recent year of tax filings to the RFE and sent it back WITH a letter of employment which said "He works with Killen Real Estate as a broker making ________ and has since....' etc.

This now seems to be a very poor idea to have had a Real Estate Broker help me on this as it is compounding what otherwise could have been a very easy process.

Could you guys elaborate on the 'past 3 years if real estate agent/self employed?' I mean he is not self employed and at the same time is. I am sounding stupid now ;)

I am trying to keep a smiley face on as the massive disappointment at reading this thread 10 min after I mailed back my RFE, realizing the potential for an additional month delay now after that first RFE, in finding out I potentially have to file his past 3 years rather than past year! ;(

I mean, if one makes well above 125%, I mean well into 6 figures here, it is crazy to even have to go back 3 years. He would logically have way more to 'cover' me than a person who makes just above the 125% guideline, and has scraped by on that for the past 3 years! The one year 6 figure salary is STILL more! ;/

My frustration oozes onto the keyboard.

I'm sorry.

Don't worry they only REQUIRE the past yr but if you think the past 3yrs would help then they'll accept those also..but more attention is placed on the last tax yr (which would be 2007)

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.