hurryup

Unable to see AOS, EAD and AP status on-line after 8 weeks

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Dear all,

My wife entered US on K-3 in Aug '08. We filed for AOS, EAD and AP in last week of Sept '08. Got NOAs for all three within a week. After a long K-3 process, I thought that finally things should go smoothly, but I was wrong!

1) I still cannot see the status for either of the three applications on USCIS website. Any idea why this is so?

2) Also, the receipt numbers start with "MSC". Is this normal?

Best regards.

Edited by hurryup

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Dear all,

My wife entered US on K-3 in Aug '08. We filed for AOS, EAD and AP in last week of Sept '08. Got NOAs for all three within a week. After a long K-3 process, I thought that finally things should go smoothly, but I was wrong!

1) I still cannot see the status for either of the three applications on USCIS website. Any idea why this is so?

2) Also, the receipt numbers start with "MSC". Is this normal?

Best regards.

1.) I still cannot see the status for either of the three applications on USCIS website. Any idea why this is so? There are instances like that but usually it started to show up after biometrics. Did she had her biometrics already? If nope, I think a call to the USCIS is a must.

2.) Also, the receipt numbers start with "MSC". Is this normal? Yes that's normal. Mine starts the same thing.

Good luck!

Vida Taylor

1) I still cannot see the status for either of the three applications on USCIS website. Any idea why this is so? Seems to be normal (not being able to track your cases online) for the last many months - doesn't mean you're not making progress. In many cases - online tracking seems to magically start working shortly after your Biometrics appointment - in most cases.

2) Also, the receipt numbers start with "MSC". Is this normal? Normal

Best regards.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Let's face it, the USCIS is offering an online service that doesn't work much of the time. Don't try to rely on that to see what is happening with your applications. Some never get put online; others may be put online, but they are never updated. You can call and possibly get an idea of what their status might be.

The MSC is in Missouri and lots of applications get sent there immediately.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.