Tiggi247

Senegal or ghana

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Hello everyone, when I get back from Guinea next month I will be starting the K-3 process after reading alot of posts I am wondering which would be the best Embassy for me wife to have her interview done. I havent heard to much about Ghana but I see that there are alot of people on AP that went to the Dakar Embassy, I hope that my case/process will be straightforward but you never know about these things, I did file for the K-1 visa but it was denied because we had miss the 2 yr meeting by less than 2 weeks, While in Guinea I will take plenty of pics we will have plenty of documents, I will check in with the Us Embassy there and have all of my paperwork notorized, , have a Traditional wedding on December 20th and then on the 22dec go the MFA and have a civil wedding, I dont know if I am overlooking anything , but I am not to happy about the Idea of someone sitting behind a desk deciding my fate/future with my wife or keeping me from my family if everything is 100% legit. I am just trying to take all precautions. :blink:

My wife you are simply beautiful and perfect for mehttp://da.daisypath.com/w3wlm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would suggest looking at the embassy reviews for Accra and Dakar and then making a decision.

There are many members that have posted their experiences at the Dakar and Accra embassies.

One thing that I have noticed at the Accra embassy: if there is further processing needed on your case you are given a date to come back (you can see the light at the end of the tunnel). Unlike Dakar where people are put in AP indefinitely. I don't know why there is that difference, but just something I have noticed.

Also, take a look at the timelines for Accra and Dakar to see what the processing times are like as well.

Good luck :)

Edited by Zee Bee

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Guinea has to go through Dakar, I am not aware that you have an option to get interviewed in Ghana instead.

As far as I know the embassy is assigned by country and not chosen by the petitioner/beneficiary.

Where did you see that you have a choice ?

If there was a choice I would definitely go through Accra. Dakar sucks !

Timeline
Guinea has to go through Dakar, I am not aware that you have an option to get interviewed in Ghana instead.

As far as I know the embassy is assigned by country and not chosen by the petitioner/beneficiary.

Where did you see that you have a choice ?

If there was a choice I would definitely go through Accra. Dakar sucks !

It is on the US Embassy website for Conakry it says that the Embassy in Conakry does not process immigrant visas, and that the residents of Guinea has to Go to Dakar or Accra instead. Its on the website under immigrant visa. I think that when the time comes we will go to Accra I will take a few weeks off and travel with her to the interview when the time comes and then maybe we can come back here to the states together. :blush:

My wife you are simply beautiful and perfect for mehttp://da.daisypath.com/w3wlm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I dont believe that you have the choice as to where you case will be sent. The US govt is going to send your case to the embassy to where they want it to go.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline
I dont believe that you have the choice as to where you case will be sent. The US govt is going to send your case to the embassy to where they want it to go.

I agree. I think the NVC is going to decide where to send it depending on case load. I'm 99% sure having the option of processing in Accra is new. When I filed for my fiance's K1 in January of this year, the Conakry website said the processing had to be done in Dakar.

Sometimes Dakar is not too bad. I have an acquaintance who was in and out of Dakar in the last 3 weeks with a visa for her fiance. That was fun, answering all her questions through the entire process, setting her and her fiance up with a place to stay, then listening to her fiance "show" my fiance his visa while I was on the phone with him.... :angry: But I digress...

Be absolutely ####### about your paperwork. Check it, check it again, check it yet again, and then have somebody else check it. Twice. Gather as much proof of your relationship as humanly possible. Prepare for the interview, practice practice practice. Those are really the only things you can do to "avoid" AP.

Women don't usually get hit for security clearance AP and there's absolutely nothing you can do to avoid it anyway (except not make any mistakes on your paperwork).

Make sure the birthdates and names on her passport, her birth certificate from the ministry in Conakry, and the birthdate on your petition ALL match.

Also, when the time comes for her to get the police report, make sure you get the casier judiciare with THREE signatures on it from the ministry in Conakry.

Bonne chance.

Timeline
Hello everyone, when I get back from Guinea next month I will be starting the K-3 process after reading alot of posts I am wondering which would be the best Embassy for me wife to have her interview done. I havent heard to much about Ghana but I see that there are alot of people on AP that went to the Dakar Embassy, I hope that my case/process will be straightforward but you never know about these things, I did file for the K-1 visa but it was denied because we had miss the 2 yr meeting by less than 2 weeks, While in Guinea I will take plenty of pics we will have plenty of documents, I will check in with the Us Embassy there and have all of my paperwork notorized, , have a Traditional wedding on December 20th and then on the 22dec go the MFA and have a civil wedding, I dont know if I am overlooking anything , but I am not to happy about the Idea of someone sitting behind a desk deciding my fate/future with my wife or keeping me from my family if everything is 100% legit. I am just trying to take all precautions. :blink:

If your case does get sent to Dakar, my fiance and I have lots of Guinean friends in N'gor (where the airport is) we can put you in contact with.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Since the Guinean website does say Dakar or Accra, I say, put down Accra as the embassy and see what happens. If it is only Dakar, then NVC will just send your petition there :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
Since the Guinean website does say Dakar or Accra, I say, put down Accra as the embassy and see what happens. If it is only Dakar, then NVC will just send your petition there :)

Yep you can try, but you will need to stay on top of things. Don't rely on them to communicate with you.

For example, the acquaintance I mentioned in my previous post was told by the Guinean Consulate that her fiance's K1 petition could be processed in Conakry. However, the NVC sent it to Dakar. She said they never let her know about that, but she was in Guinea at the time and they probably sent her a letter which was sent into oblivion. To this day, Dakar knows that mail does not reach Conakry but they still try to send things there.

Get the numbers for USCIS, NVC, DOS and the email for Dakar and put 'em in your cell phone.

When the time gets closer I can help you because I've been through this in the same places you will need to go through this.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
:thumbs: I just got back and I want to say that I had a wonderful time and i love Guinee so much. I was there for 26 days and we did the whole traditional marriage and also the marriage at the MFA I got my papers and certified from the Us Embassy there we took tons of pictures and i had the time of my life I love it there , now come the hard part and that the waiting game. I will update my profile asap :blush:

:thumbs: I just got back and I want to say that I had a wonderful time and i love Guinee so much. I was there for 26 days and we did the whole traditional marriage and also the marriage at the MFA I got my papers and certified from the Us Embassy there we took tons of pictures and i had the time of my life I love it there , now come the hard part and that the waiting game. I will update my profile asap :blush:

Welcome back!

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Timeline

Yes the president died on my wedding day, and just so happen that my wife uncle was my witness at the wedding he is in all of our wedding pictures and his phone kept ringing and ringing and he just happen to be the Chief Surgeon, he had to leave immeditily after and go to the presidental compound. So for the next few days there was no movement and when the military took power no one knew what was going to happen. But it seem like everyone loves the new persident and they welcome the change. I even heard him speak and he seem like for now he is for the people and he really wants whats best for the country. Even though I heard gunshots in the night and there was a curfew I felt safe. And to be honest I feel like my trip there was a blessing for me, and I am glad that my k-1 visa was not approved at 1st because my trip there gave me a better understand of my wife, her ways, my selfish ways and the whole way Africans value family and the way so many of us Americans have lost so much of the real meaning of family values. I loved it there and I will have to visit there as much as possible :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.