Terca

Threw out my old airline tickets, am I in trouble?

14 posts in this topic

Hello to all! :blush:

I need some words of reassurance because after reading the ENTIRE "RFE's" thread now I cannot sleep. I will be getting married soon and starting my paperwork to submit the i-130 for a CR-1. I read that you can submit copies of airline tickets as primary proof of travels but I threw all of mine out! I did not think I would ever need those. Now all I can come up with is copies of my passport pages, phone bills, pictures and emails, flight itineraries and a joint bank account for my previous travels, of course when I fly back to get married I will keep my airline tickets, hotel receipts etc.

Are there any other petitioners that do not have airline ticket stubs for all of their trips to see the beneficiary? DO you think this will present a problem ? I cannot sleep thinking of this!! please tell me we will be ok :crying:

Edited by Terca

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

when my husband started to visit me, like 3 years ago, we didnt think aout marrige, immigration, etc. so he didnt keep his airline tickets either. i think he just has some of them. but we r going to show the orbitz reservations fr tickets, and also the credit card records where it shows he paid for them. I assume no one would think he paid the tickets not to use them, as they are usualy over 1000$ each. so I think that if u have any proof of buying the tickets, ull be ok. we dont have any hotel reservations becase he was always my guest.also we have pics with him here, at different times (can see in pics is winter, summer, spring, so they are not all taken in same trip) good luck.

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

don't panic.. although I have saved all of my boarding passes and itineraries for the past 5 years, I never included them in my application because they were way too much. I just sent copies of my passport showing that I entered and left the country.. couple that with pics and you are all set with proving you have visited your significant other. Hope this helped! Now get some sleep :lol:

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

Don't worry, you'll be just fine! Plane tickets are not a "must have". I don't have mine either! E-mails, letters, pictures and letters from friends and relatives saying that you're married and telling your story are all you need. The ONLY proof of relationship that my husband sent to USCIS was a letter from his mother saying that she went to our wedding, that we had met 3 years ago and we are really in love. I was mad because I thought we were going to have an RFE, but NO!!

Just relax, and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I never kept boarding passes or ticket stubs/email tickets either. I panicked a bit when I realized that I might have been stupid throwing them away, but I contacted the airline who sent me a letter confirming all the flights I had taken to the US (because I travelled a lot with work, there were about 20 flights in total to the US over a 3 year period but the airline still took the time to detail every one). Maybe you could try this? Also, as someone else has said, your passport is stamped at entry so you can prove where you have been and when.

wow guys thank you so much! I was freaking out because I was so stupid not to keep those! But like some of you said, I never thought they might come in handy... I do have proof of purchase from my bank and I will definitely try britty's approach and contact the airline for a confirmation letter. I

:blush: thank you all for your calming words! I know my embassy will request proof so I will not be as lucky as Mike1976, but you guys don't have them either so i guess it won't necessarily present a problem...

p.s thirdsjen, eventually I did sleep at 6 am today, yikes! but now i am exhausted for work. At least tonight I won't be thinking about that thanks to your replys :dance:

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need some words of reassurance because after reading the ENTIRE "RFE's" thread now I cannot sleep. I will be getting married soon and starting my paperwork to submit the i-130 for a CR-1. I read that you can submit copies of airline tickets as primary proof of travels but I threw all of mine out! I did not think I would ever need those. Now all I can come up with is copies of my passport pages, phone bills, pictures and emails, flight itineraries and a joint bank account for my previous travels, of course when I fly back to get married I will keep my airline tickets, hotel receipts etc.

Are there any other petitioners that do not have airline ticket stubs for all of their trips to see the beneficiary? DO you think this will present a problem ? I cannot sleep thinking of this!! please tell me we will be ok :crying:

Did you happend to book your flight on line? If you did, like I did, those Itinerary are store online and can be accessed. Also did you happened to save the tags that were on your luggage from your flight. Your name, date of travel and destinations are on those tags. I saved everthing. Hope this helps.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Thanks Mike N Julie! I do have tags on my bags still, thanks to being lazy i never removed them. Great idea.

I checked on expedia to see if my old itineraries had been saved (from 2005, 2006) But only the last one is still there. Thankfully my fiance reminded me that he has the itineraries saved as e-mails i had sent him before. I on the other hand, have a tendency to "clean" my inbox even if its not full, so i lost some early e-mails.

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

good luck for every one

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

Our Marriage: (2008)

Date I-130 Sent : ( 2009-10-14)

Your item was delivered at 9:38 PM on October 18, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. USPS

The Money order money cashed at last on October 26, 2009 ... Waiting the NOA1

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : (2009-11-2) Dated in 23 Oct

Touched 27 Oct 2009 and 11,12 Feb 2010

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : (2010-02-12) 4 Months From sending date !!

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

02-19-2010 : NVC case number assigned

04-07-2010 : Sent DS-3032 by E-mail

04-10-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

04-14-2010 : Paid (AOS) Online

04-16-2010 : (AOS) shown as PAID

09-10-2010 : IV bill shows as PAID

08-03-2010: (AOS) packet completed and returned

08-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed (AOS)

09-20-2010 : DS-203 Completed and returned

09-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed DS-230

09-24-2010 : (AOS) accepted Per operator

09-28-2010 : DS-230 Entered Into System( and they also send checklist about sponsor :S )

10-15-2010 : DS-230 Completed with Checklist Also :S

01-11/14-2011 : Mailed /Delivered wt missing in both packets

02-01-2011 : SIF!!

02-03-2011 : Case Complete!

3rd Aug2011: Interview Date (AP Alhumdolillah ,,)

12 OCT2011 : Visa In Hand AP is over after 2 months from interview date

NOV2011 : POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks Mike N Julie! I do have tags on my bags still, thanks to being lazy i never removed them. Great idea.

I checked on expedia to see if my old itineraries had been saved (from 2005, 2006) But only the last one is still there. Thankfully my fiance reminded me that he has the itineraries saved as e-mails i had sent him before. I on the other hand, have a tendency to "clean" my inbox even if its not full, so i lost some early e-mails.

No problem. Good luck to you both.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You will be fine. The airline tickets, if you can find, is a plus. If not, he records were already stamped on your passport and you still have many things to show (emails, phone records, mails, pictures, financial supports etc...)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'd say, they are not life and death necessary....you have the passport stamps.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
when my husband started to visit me, like 3 years ago, we didnt think aout marrige, immigration, etc. so he didnt keep his airline tickets either. i think he just has some of them. but we r going to show the orbitz reservations fr tickets, and also the credit card records where it shows he paid for them. I assume no one would think he paid the tickets not to use them, as they are usualy over 1000$ each. so I think that if u have any proof of buying the tickets, ull be ok. we dont have any hotel reservations becase he was always my guest.also we have pics with him here, at different times (can see in pics is winter, summer, spring, so they are not all taken in same trip) good luck.

I figure that haing the stamps in the passport is more evidence than the ticket stubs anyway?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.