Toronto Guy

What was the fastest NOA1 to NOA2 for Vermont filers in 2008?

33 posts in this topic

Hi VJ members,

Just wondering what some of the best-case scenarios were for Vermont filers waiting for a NOA2 this year. If you received your NOA2 in less than 3 months, let us know your circumstances. I'm sure there must be some urban legends out there, however, lets try and get some real-life witnesses posting here!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe there was one that took only 4 days, a september filer, no expedite, I don't remember if it was 4 days from the NOA1 or 4 days after sending it to the service center, either way I'm sure it's basically the fastest ever... I think the person was in canada, there was also a 21 day approval in about the same time, for a person in japan (VSC did quite a few very fast approvals during that timeframe).

Edited by maliciant

I think you are referring to http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=54215 NOA1 received September 3 and NOA2 on the 19th of September. Very lucky!

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. 4 days and 21 days? This year? That seems like a fluke.

Edited by KristinL

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

I believe there was one that took only 4 days, a september filer, no expedite, I don't remember if it was 4 days from the NOA1 or 4 days after sending it to the service center, either way I'm sure it's basically the fastest ever... I think the person was in canada, there was also a 21 day approval in about the same time, for a person in japan (VSC did quite a few very fast approvals during that timeframe).

WOW! That's crazy-fast! Fantastic for them though. I've heard from other people myself who are not on this VJ forum, for example, a lady who works at my local Starbucks told me her sister got the entire process done in 4 months (NOA1 to VISA), however, that was a couple years ago so i consider it less relevant to 2008's situation in Vermont.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ours was approved within two weeks of filing, we didn't do anything special, just very blessed!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Whilst I would love to be approved quickly....

OMG...I'm counting on the wait to save the money!!!!

And....

I'm pretty sure I would drop dead of shock if anything got approved that quickly out of VSC at its current processing times...

Nice to dream though, quick approval like that is like winning the lottery!!!

I think sending in chocolate with your application might be the key to quick approval.....i wish i'd tried it.....

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Jealous is a minor understatement for what i'm feeling...

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

we got approved really fast.. little over a month and had the visa 1 day over 3 months. but we're no different then everyone else waiting. we did nothing different at all. We did our own paperwork and followed all the guides on here. just got really lucky.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

This topic sucks so bad. It is like if you very lucky guys were doing a little dance front of ALL the other petitioners who are into the average waiting time 4+months. I can't even find a piece in my heart to be happy for people who got approved in 2 weeks. That is just unfair. Sorry but this conversation sucks, be happy to be extremely lucky is a thing, putting your unfair NOA2 front of our faces is just fuc*ing annoying !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
This topic sucks so bad. It is like if you very lucky guys were doing a little dance front of ALL the other petitioners who are into the average waiting time 4+months. I can't even find a piece in my heart to be happy for people who got approved in 2 weeks. That is just unfair. Sorry but this conversation sucks, be happy to be extremely lucky is a thing, putting your unfair NOA2 front of our faces is just fuc*ing annoying !

These people are answering the question the topic asked, I dont think you need to be so rude, if you dont like the topic dont read it.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I was approved in what I suppose would be considered a relatively quick space of time - 50 days. But I can see why this topic would annoy you, when you're waiting and waiting, the last thing you need to hear is how other people managed to get so much luckier than you. Trust me when I tell you that I was spitting feathers when I was waiting and people were getting approved in 2-3 weeks.

The only thing I would say is that unless you have a lot of money to fall back on, use this time to save as much cash as you can, and to spend as much time with your friends and family as you can - because when that time gets cut short, you'll miss them.

When I moved to the US, I found that I went from spending every day missing one person - my fiance (now husband) to missing everyone else in my life - parents, brother, friends etc.

Take time too enjoy these people as you will miss them more than you could realise.

That said, I wish you all speedy NOA2's

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Timeline

These people are answering the question the topic asked, I dont think you need to be so rude, if you dont like the topic dont read it.

I don't talk about the people, I said "this topic sucks". This is what I think, this is what I wanna say. If you are not happy with my answer don't read it !

Timeline

I was approved in what I suppose would be considered a relatively quick space of time - 50 days. But I can see why this topic would annoy you, when you're waiting and waiting, the last thing you need to hear is how other people managed to get so much luckier than you. Trust me when I tell you that I was spitting feathers when I was waiting and people were getting approved in 2-3 weeks.

The only thing I would say is that unless you have a lot of money to fall back on, use this time to save as much cash as you can, and to spend as much time with your friends and family as you can - because when that time gets cut short, you'll miss them.

When I moved to the US, I found that I went from spending every day missing one person - my fiance (now husband) to missing everyone else in my life - parents, brother, friends etc.

Take time too enjoy these people as you will miss them more than you could realise.

That said, I wish you all speedy NOA2's

Thank you :)

I appreciate that you understand what we can feel...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.