Cmehat

question about the interview and ds 230

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Why does the checklist not say to bring in the ds 230 part 2?? What is that used for and when??

Cindy

It is an immigrant visa form that SOME consulates use Part 1 for non-immigrant visa applications... not all consulates do it the same way.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Why does the checklist not say to bring in the ds 230 part 2?? What is that used for and when??

Cindy

It is an immigrant visa form that SOME consulates use Part 1 for non-immigrant visa applications... not all consulates do it the same way.

I understand about part 1 but my question pertains to part 2. Should I include it in my package to take with me to the interview anyways? Or do I have to send it at any time?

I haven't actually gone through it yet, but the instructions from the Seoul Embassy were to fax part 1 asap which I did, and then to complete part 2 and bring it along to the interview.

From what I've read on this forum, you have to sign part 2 (like the bottom half of the second page of part 2) in the presence of the consular official (it does state on the bottom half, not to complete it yet).

Just my 2 cents, maybe some one has more specific advice for your embassy.

As a non-Korean, I thought getting a US tourist visa in Korea was a mission. This experience has been a whole other story. After being treated a bit like a social outcast at my B1/B2 visa interview in 2007, I'm hoping they go easy on me for my CR1 interview... details to follow.

DCF - South Korea

04/09/2008: File I-130 at US Embassy in Seoul

21/10/2008: Receive email confirming approval of I-130 and E-pkt 3

23/10/2008: Faxed DS-230 (part 1) to Embassy

01/11/2008: Sent online request for interview to embassy.

03/11/2008: Received email notification of interview date (Dec 15)

08/11/2008: St. Mary's Hospital Seoul for Medical check and vaccinations

14/11/2008: Back to St. Mary's to meet with panel physician and receive x-rays and envelope.

21/11/2008: Finally heard from RSA home affairs; birth certificate is ready (8 weeks of waiting).

28/11/2008: Police check and Birth certificate in the mail... Mom is a rock star

02/12/2008: Police check and Birth certificate package arrives

15/12/2008: Interview - US Embassy Seoul and VISA APPROVED!

17/12/2008: Visa in hand! wahoo!

03/04/2009: POE: New York JFK

20/04/2009: 2 welcome letters arrive

24/04/2009: Green card arrives! Hurray!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

In Ireland, I had to send in part 1, and then bring in part 2 when going for the interview, as they required it to be signed in front of the CO.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.