Jeraly

~July 2007 K-1 Filers II~

643 posts in this topic

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Thursday night Zin tomorrow if nothing else!! :D Debz can't make it cause she has to be up early on Friday for work :(

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

*curtsies to Julez* Organiser??? Disorganiser!! :D

Happy belated New Year everybod. Hope you all had a wonderful xmas and new year (still chuckling at mox partying like it's 1949 :lol: )

Congrats to scott and marta & chris and gretchen on the new arrivals. :luv:

In the hopes of consoling StP: I've had my EAD since mid-November but the job market is so abysmal right now that it's very difficult to find something even if you have the paperwork. Still, grrr @ the K1 and the EAD situation. It's nonsensical, I totally agree.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

*faints*

A ghost from Christmas Past! :P

So good to see you babbles! For you will always be babbles to me!! Glad you are alive and well, if still job hunting. Something will come along.

And stop being such a stranger!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi there!

We are back in Arizona, Delta paid us $4000 for staying two days longer because of overbooked flights.

Now we are back, jetlagged and a little homesick.

I already had a jobinterview today, so please keep your fingers crossed......

the economy sucks so bad, there are no words. I am tempted to just get pregnant. We want to have kids soon, and if I can't find a proper job anyway...... (and yes, I am diagnosed with babyfever).

The flight back to the US was weird - it was the first time Eric and I have been flying together and we were both so used to having our flight routine that we were starring at each other in disbelief. And - I married a little kid. Do you guys know these knew headsets for mp3-players? those that you put completely in your ear? they have a little rubberneck to be gentle on your ears. Eric managed within the first 30minutes of the 11hour flight to have the rubber-thing stuck really deep in his ear. We had to use a tiny straw and some engineering-skills to make tweezers out of a straw. :whistle:

Anyway - I am so glad to have the VJ-crew, I am really homesick and feeling lonely. :crying:

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Timeline
yes, totally agree with the above... if there are still worries about the marriage - which is the reason for there being different rules for people who have been married less than two years, or so I understand it - they can issue three month (or whatever) permits, which can be renewed as needed, before the permanent paperwork comes through... there are SO many ways to change it just slightly and make it more human, but are they interested? are they hell :angry:

I'm going to spend some time contacting various people about this whole thing, in coming months... not in any attempt to make my own process any easier - for a start, my process will hopefully be largely over - but just to raise awareness of how ####### it all is

I have told so many Americans about my situation, and to a one, they're surprised, and then outraged (and sometimes a bit embarrassed ;) ); certainly none of them are aware... I think they should be made aware :)

STP: When Eric and I were debating if It was worth to use JFK as POE we decided to call all possible POEs for me (JFK, Atlanta, Denver, DC) and to ask the Immigration manager about EADS. Turned out that there was a Memo in 2002 (at least that the date I remember) that was being sent to all POEs. The memo told them to stop handing out EADs. JFK is the only airport that states that they never received it and that they still think that all Airports hand out EADs.

But it stinks - a LOT!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

wow, I didn't know that... the triumph of USCIS logic once again :D

glad you had a safe trip back, and I am STOKED on your behalf (as well as insanely envious ;) ) about the $4000 :)

babbles, you MUST come round more often! you are missed :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline

I have a question for you guys:

If you are really really honest, is there anything but your husbands that keeps you here in the US?

I realized that I really hate it here and that Eric is the only reason why I am still here - Am I insane?

*sigh*

We will probably move back to Europe some time this year - Eric is heartbroken that I am so unhappy here and doesn't want to "keep his bird in a cage". I never realized that I am so unhappy here until I was back in Germany. At once I could laugh again and relax and sleep. I can't even think about my family and friends without crying.

I am feeling horrible. I never thought I would be so unhappy here.

Aww hun - It's bound to be hard coming back, especially as you were back in Germany for so long :( And knowing that the economy sucks here, finding a job is a nightmare etc. can't make it any easier... :(

Defo keeping my fingers crossed for you on the interview - the best of luck!! I hope you get it and that it is a zillion times better than the job you had before - because those people sucked anyway :D

As for being here just because of Jeremy? Well he was always going to move to the UK - he prefers it there but our situation changed and we decided I would come here. While I can't say I am completely settled, I think it is just because I haven't found my "niche" here yet - I think once we get some money together to move into a place that is truly ours that we can really call home then I will feel better. Of course, I might change my mind after spending time with my family as well (then again, maybe not :lol: ). While I love Palm Springs, I've come to realise it's not "home" - it's too... touristy and cosmopolitan and while that is great to a certain extent, I kinda want the normality of a small neighbourhood with safe streets and a house in a cul-de-sac where our kids can play...

Maybe I wish for too much ;)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

I could eat a whole candybar just to compensate being unhappy.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr.

I better go and finish unpacking my bags -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
I have a question for you guys:

If you are really really honest, is there anything but your husbands that keeps you here in the US?

Agnes, I'm SO sorry you're feeling so bad about it all :(

my feelings aren't as extreme as yours, but they're on the same line - no, there's not much keeping me here, apart from my husband; I've found some things to enjoy - often only with some determination ;) - and many of the people I have met have been lovely, but it's not home, it's not even homelike; the bureaucracy nightmare is an effing insult and so many smaller things - like writing the date backwards and stupid outdated Imperial measurements - just bug me beyond all reason and measure...

if Eric is fine with going back to Germany, I say go :)

hell, I'd give my leg to be able to live in Germany... why would you NOT go ;)

but if it's going to be difficult, or there are other reasons keeping him here, there ARE alternatives - perhaps you would be happier in a different state; perhaps you will feel differently when you have a job... perhaps you're clinically depressed and you need to see someone

be strong... none of this is endless, and you WILL work out what you want and need :)

*hugs* :star:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Congratulations Chris and Gretchen :D:dance: I always thought you were going to have a girl since you kept calling him Drew :P He is cute :D I bet you are excited :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.