~July 2007 K-1 Filers II~

643 posts in this topic

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

the only real reason I'd like to be in my home town is to see friends and family... I don't know that I'll ever live in Sydney again

funny how an adopted city/country can feel more like home than home ever did...

(hint: I'm not talking about here ;) )

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Timeline
the only real reason I'd like to be in my home town is to see friends and family... I don't know that I'll ever live in Sydney again

I keep waiting for some rich gorgeous Scottish baroness to sweep me off my feet and ask me to live with her forever in a castle somewhere in the highlands, but my profile on richgorgiousscottishbaronesseslookingforfrumpymiddleagedamericandudes.com has receieved relatively few hits so far. Maybe if I upgrade to platinum membership.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I watched the PB when I was a kid and just loved it to bits, but over time began to think I dreamed it or something because few people I knew had seen it too. Then in Uni in a rented flat, I found the DVD of the Princess Bride down the back of the couch! Yes, the DVD! So now I own a copy! I've watched it tons of times since, and I was so glad to see that it really holds up. So much that one loves in childhood really loses it's magic when revisited later, but not for this. C thinks it's funny but dosen't really understand the devotion people have for it. Maybe watching it first when you're a kid does change your perception, Inconceivable!

p.s. I think Kevin still gets the points for 'As you wish', because the humour is in the repetition, no?

The UK Wiki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I've HEARD that rich gorgeous Scottish baronesses are more pompus ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I've HEARD that rich gorgeous Scottish baronesses are more pompus ;)

It would be a marriage made in heaven. Or the Grampian highlands, whatever. She could be pompus, I could be pompous, and our children would be pompos.

I have read that Goldman is working on a sequel to PB, called (if memory serves) Buttercup's Baby. Part of me hopes it's never written, and ALL of me hopes it's never filmed.

I keep waiting for some rich gorgeous Scottish baroness to sweep me off my feet and ask me to live with her forever in a castle somewhere in the highlands, but my profile on richgorgiousscottishbaronesseslookingforfrumpymiddleagedamericandudes.com has receieved relatively few hits so far. Maybe if I upgrade to platinum membership.

:lol: I think going home will be weird as well - especially going back to mum's house and seeing my old room but it not being my room anymore... that is going to be so strange. Like it is kinda mine but not really - like a favourite old toy you gave away. I can't say that I am looking forward to it, especially as this doesn't feel like home to me - I don't think it ever will until we get our own house and mortgage and can do anything we like with it - I think the ability to completely personalise a home will really make it for me, and while for the time being I am happy making do with cheap chipboard/laminate veneer shelves and mismatched soft furnishings, no blinds or curtains, I want to buy lots of homey magazines and pick out something I really like and can work with (especially as Jeremy and I have *vastly* different tastes in terms of what we like - we either completely disagree or completely agree - there is no middle ground :lol: ) and take on one room at a time...

I really can't wait for that... I think once I get to that stage then things will start falling into place and here will feel more like home than the UK as I never lived in my own place there...

Of course - this is all speculation and who knows what will happen?! It is kinda weird feeling like you don't fit anywhere though but I am sure it will pass...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

uh! I just realized HOW MUCH I MISSED CIVILIZED EUROPE!!! a place where you can WALK to places without people donating money to you because they think that you are the poorest of the poorest because you walk and don't drive. A place with public transportation, railroads und things.

I HATE being looked at in that sorry-way for walking to the grocery store, and people asking me if I was homeless, just because I walk to places. :angry:

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

uh! I just realized HOW MUCH I MISSED CIVILIZED EUROPE!!! a place where you can WALK to places without people donating money to you because they think that you are the poorest of the poorest because you walk and don't drive. A place with public transportation, railroads und things.

I HATE being looked at in that sorry-way for walking to the grocery store, and people asking me if I was homeless, just because I walk to places. :angry:

Wow...I use public transportation all the time in Northern California, and I've never gotten the sense that people look down on me for it. In fact, I ride with people who run the gamut from homless to 3-piece business suits. Maybe we're more civilized over here on the upper left coast than the rest of the country.

Yippee!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Defo need to work harder next year but then, when was the first thread started? Maybe around February? We can get a bit of a head start :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

January 15th... ok so we get a tiny head start :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

The upper-left coast is civilized? Why is it that every evil-genius wanna-be at some point in their career hatches a plan to induce 'the big one' (no, mox, I'm not referring to you) and slide California off into the ocean? Or are these people not California natives?

Speaking of evil-genius wanna-bes, This 43 minute 'home video' from Joss Whedon is hilarious (IMHO). Starring Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie lives!), Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day. Enjoy.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.