jpost

Request from Embassy for CV

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiance has been in AP for close to 7 months following his interview in Islamabad in April. Today, the Embassy requested that we send my fiance's complete, detailed CV. They indicated they needed this to help further process the case. We sent it right away, but are confused about what this may mean. Has anyone been asked to submit their CV while pending administrative process?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What is a CV?

Hi everyone,

My fiance has been in AP for close to 7 months following his interview in Islamabad in April. Today, the Embassy requested that we send my fiance's complete, detailed CV. They indicated they needed this to help further process the case. We sent it right away, but are confused about what this may mean. Has anyone been asked to submit their CV while pending administrative process?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
What is a CV?

Resume.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks very much for the advice. We heard from the Embassy today that the visa is still pending AP. Hopefully the request for the CV does mean there's movement on the case. Thanks again.

Yes I have heard of this. There is a member LadyJane - here Husband interviewed at Montreal and had AP and was asked for his resume - you might want to review some of her posts.

I have posted one of her comments below.

That would be my husband. His case got "tagged" for additional security checks because he is a Ph.D. student in chemistry and the technology falls into the "technology alert list". Basically it means that most scientists or engineers will get more checks. The additional security checks took 2 months and he has his visa. Apparently these extra security checks are common for non-immigrant visas (particularly student or visiting scholar visas) and they are now applying these checks to immigrant visas also.

The actual time to completion seems random though. For some reason ours got done in two months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

THat is just what i thought. I have asked that question before. I have such a short memory. I have heard this request before.

No big deal. Good luck!

Thanks very much for the advice. We heard from the Embassy today that the visa is still pending AP. Hopefully the request for the CV does mean there's movement on the case. Thanks again.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

hi Jpost

it happened to me too, i had my interview on August. since then im in AP i was also asked by embassy in islamabad to send my C V or bio data on 6th of November and i sent it right away. and any day i call DOS their respond is pending

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.